IST: Cubs @ Cardinals

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm curious assuming the cubs locks this up in the next 2-3 days if they give Tseng another start. I mean you might as well save your regular starters.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
so i'm watching this on fox sports midwest and they literally have given the guy who russell crashed into with nachos like 25 minutes of camera time. I guess you have to have something entertaining to talk about when down 8-1 but fuck man I just wanna watch baseball not some hefty dude who lost is nachos.

Now they are interviewing him and he's complaining that the cards brought him loaded nachos and the cubs only got him free cheap nachos. Just kill me.... plz.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good Lord....Cardinal fans are sure easily pleased. Some schmuck loses his Nachos and becomes a celebrity.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'm curious assuming the cubs locks this up in the next 2-3 days if they give Tseng another start. I mean you might as well save your regular starters.
My guess yes, the day after they clinch..

If not then maybe he'll pitch a weekend game after a starter leaves..
Guessing Maddon will just have his starter go 3 innings in last game before playoff start

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so i'm watching this on fox sports midwest and they literally have given the guy who russell crashed into with nachos like 25 minutes of camera time. I guess you have to have something entertaining to talk about when down 8-1 but fuck man I just wanna watch baseball not some hefty dude who lost is nachos.

Now they are interviewing him and he's complaining that the cards brought him loaded nachos and the cubs only got him free cheap nachos. Just kill me.... plz.

He's signing autographs too hahahah

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:

Ya I would assume they would go one more time through the rotation and shut it down. Playoffs won't start until Friday so they have plenty of time to set the rotation. I can see this being Lester's last start. Give Tseng a game and maybe on Sunday make it a bullpen game

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Ya I would assume they would go one more time through the rotation and shut it down. Playoffs won't start until Friday so they have plenty of time to set the rotation. I can see this being Lester's last start. Give Tseng a game and maybe on Sunday make it a bullpen game
Definitely won't be Lester last start..
He need work and he not gonna sit for 11 days.

His next start is Saturday and most likely just go 5 innings..
Then he'll have 5 days til Game 1

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Goose22

Liked Posts:
Let me preface this question by pleading I do NOT want this to become a political thread...but I noticed a majority of the team and coaching staff (?) stayed in the clubhouse during the anthem. Who were the 4 or 5 Cubs players that chose to be on the field during the anthem tonight before the game? I noticed Bryant and Zobrist, but couldn't make out the other 2-3. Once again! I don't want this to become a dumpster fire, just curious and a little surprised that the team was not united in how they would address the anthem.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
bf8d9415fbb801d7dd1240d25275e990.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well, I just hope its a win and celebration tonite, not a celebration after a loss again.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Good Lord....Cardinal fans are sure easily pleased. Some schmuck loses his Nachos and becomes a celebrity.

It was unreal how much camera time he got. Interviewed by two different stations, he and wife were on kiss cam. Showed him all night (he got another foul ball)

Yeah, that pretty much sums up the action on the field.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Let me preface this question by pleading I do NOT want this to become a political thread...but I noticed a majority of the team and coaching staff (?) stayed in the clubhouse during the anthem. Who were the 4 or 5 Cubs players that chose to be on the field during the anthem tonight before the game? I noticed Bryant and Zobrist, but couldn't make out the other 2-3. Once again! I don't want this to become a dumpster fire, just curious and a little surprised that the team was not united in how they would address the anthem.

Didn't notice.

Don't care.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
It was unreal how much camera time he got. Interviewed by two different stations, he and wife were on kiss cam. Showed him all night (he got another foul ball)

Yeah, that pretty much sums up the action on the field.

It was 4-0 before anyone had gotten their pants off. They've got to fill dead air somehow.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Kris Bryant now leading the NL in fWAR with 6.8. Needs 6 walks for 100 on the year; BB% to 14.4%, K% to 18.9%.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So apparently if the cubs win the word series this year they will be the first NL team to win back to back titles since the 1970s big red machine. I find that kind of nuts and it shows how are repeating is.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Whatever happens in the offseason I certainly hope the cubs find some better SS depth than freeman. Can't hit and apparently can't field well either.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Freeman literally can't field simple ground balls. Happ is not a CF!

Fucking 3-0 game.

Why could you not alter Russell's off day by one day due to Baez' injury?

And why the fuck doesnt Almora play CF every day?