Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Wait, I'm confused.

Any CBA junkies here? Does this mean the Bulls could get Wade back?
That would be one hell of a signal to send to the future FAs in the league.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wait, I'm confused.

Any CBA junkies here? Does this mean the Bulls could get Wade back?
That would be one hell of a signal to send to the future FAs in the league.
That would be quite odd...

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q66

"After a buyout in which the player's guaranteed salary is reduced, the team cannot re-sign the player or claim him of waivers for one year, or until the waived contract would have ended, whichever is later."

This is what I found. I don't think it matters which team requests waivers on him initially. So I don't think the Bulls can reclaim him. But...I might be wrong.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even if the Bulls could pick him up again, he wouldn't sign here anyway (which was the point of the buyout) so perhaps it's a moot point

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Someone else on another site I frequent was saying the Bulls are using a tactic to force Wade into signing with his new team sooner than later. Apparently this saves the Bulls money and cap space in certain circumstances and costs them nothing to make a request.

Not sure how true, but makes the most sense out of what I could find.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone else on another site I frequent was saying the Bulls are using a tactic to force Wade into signing with his new team sooner than later. Apparently this saves the Bulls money and cap space in certain circumstances and costs them nothing to make a request.

Not sure how true, but makes the most sense out of what I could find.
Now, this is going off of how 2k does waivers, but it might be the actual rule...

If a player is signed after the waiver period, the team that waives him still has his salary count against the cap, but if he is claimed off of waivers, then the salary is not counted against the original team's cap.

If that's how it works, then I can definitely see why they'd try. Not sure how successful they'd be though.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Now, this is going off of how 2k does waivers, but it might be the actual rule...

If a player is signed after the waiver period, the team that waives him still has his salary count against the cap, but if he is claimed off of waivers, then the salary is not counted against the original team's cap.

If that's how it works, then I can definitely see why they'd try. Not sure how successful they'd be though.

Yeah, this makes more sense if they don't want salary counting against the cap(looks likely that Wade will be heading to the Cavs soon). I don't think the Bulls are really interested in getting Wade back since he was just bought out.