HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone using the current build of Firefox Nightly to try out their new build? Holy shit its fast. I've been using Chrome for so long that I had not realized Firefox has been under a complete overhaul. Its freakin sweet.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Quantum/Servo is awesome, but I need to wait a few days before the forks are in testing for the browsers I use.

I ditched Firefox for Waterfox ever since Mozilla sold out and supported clear w3c measures that are in violation with web transparency. Waterfox took a hard stance on EME(not just an about:config switch) and it's now my 3rd most used browser (#1 palemoon, #2 vivaldi), which is still very frequent the way I split up filters and profiles for different tasks to protect/diversify accounts. The main reason in 2017 to use Firefox over Chrome are ethical. But with servo, in 2018, that will be rendering performance with even more extension compliance required for outdated add-ons. Very nice.

https://www.waterfoxproject.org/
lbV44msl.png

Which will also use servo/quantum, along with Palemoon. Very cool stuff.

And I know people don't care or don't understand what EME is, but I had another topic about it here.
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/90921-EFF-leaves-the-W3C

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i used firefox for years with no interest in chrome but then it started running like shit when i built my current system with high cpu usage, resulting in high temps and just all around running slow. so i switched to chrome. then i heard about quantum today actually and gave it a try. maybe its because its beta but cpu usage was even higher, with opening a bunch of video tabs maxing out my 7700k and slowing things to a crawl, while i can do then same in chrome without the cpu breaking a sweat. so it was back to chrome.