legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Both WRs in the middle of the field with one crossing underneath means it's a slow developing route with the throw to go where the safety doesn't but they expected the safety to have bit in which he didn't. Neither guy gets enough separation as the the safety has split the difference and can get to the crossing player while the over coverage though once past the safety the bomb is the throw since it's become a one on one. Glennon's balls move up into his abdomen here. Check his head position. He actually never looked at the TE early and is focusing downfield the whole time. This causes him to require too much time to find Miller and to never move the safety. Crossing route looks a little too deep to me. This is designed for the bomb and it was actually worth throwing once the WR past the safety.

This would be a great play with a look or pump fake to the TE early to freeze the safety and then safety him and throw but I suspect the play was designed to bring the safet up in play action so that wouldn't be designed in because the deep throw could have been there very early. GB wasn't fooled but Glennon had enough protection and enough of a look to throw deep anyway. He could not step up but had plenty of room to step into a throw but was still holding the ball a second after it should have been gone. The decision making here is awful. The original play took a long time to become viable but it did and could have been thrown when he ditched it. Once he was the safety position, there was enough reason to go underneath without regret but staying with it was OK. You just have to fucking throw the ball.

A good QB turns off the play fake, sees the safety, peaks at the rush, finds the TE, glances at the deep routes and fires to somebody. He commits downfield early, waits for one guy to pull the safety from the other and once it happens, eats the ball. His deep ball is way underrated but the guy can't read well enough to throw it.

He hit several guys deep with the Bucs, he just plays so damn scared and NEVER commits to the open guy until about the 3rd quarter when he's settled in and gained some undeserved confidence. It's like he doesn't know how to be "the guy", only a relief pitcher... I saw him rifle in maybe 2-3 balls last night where i was like "wow, where's that been", then he overthrows Bellamy by 10' for an INT.

Reactions: 1ke

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
actually, in reality, everyone is accounted for. glennon was waiting for the play to develop deep across the field like he should have. he then sensed pressure and tried to probably throw a low outside grounder to miller but it was too late. Sims was beat at the snap.. no time

LMFAO! He had almost 4 seconds in the pocket! Do you know the average time a QB gets to throw???

AussieBear

He just doesn't make the right reads most of the time and when he does, it's a terrible pass.

idk what play you are talking about.. but adi felt the need to break down the first play and is doing a horrible job with it. dix has the te in front of him.. breaks on the te when glennon goes to look his way. no one is open and sims lets clay walk on in. if ur gonna break a play down, at least get one thats legit.

every qb misses open wrs, it happens. BUT every NFL qb does.. mang, you people.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so checkdowns are good now? you people

Had enough time to throw over the top as well. He had plenty of time and the reads to do either but he ate the ball.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
LMFAO! He had almost 4 seconds in the pocket! Do you know the average time a QB gets to throw???

dont-feed-the-trolls-meme-03.jpg

AussieBear

he had 1.4 secs.

regardless of time, every target was accounted for. bad play design for the situation. bad execution in passpro. the neck had some fuck ups last night, but that play isnt on glennon

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
idk what play you are talking about.. but adi felt the need to break down the first play and is doing a horrible job with it. LB has the te in front of him.. breaks on the te when glennon goes to look his way. no one is open and sims lets clay walk on in. if ur gonna break a play down, at least get one thats legit.

every qb misses open wrs, it happens. BUT every NFL qb does.. mang, you people.

Protect the ball or get rid of it. Where's his clock? The fumble sack thing is out of hand.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Aussie is at Desptard levels of annoying when it comes to his "man" crush Giraffe.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
he had 1.4 secs.

regardless of time, every target was accounted for. bad play design for the situation. bad execution in passpro. the neck had some fuck ups last night, but that play isnt on glennon

Play it was designed for was there and he had more than 3 sec. Can't go by the clock that started late.

AussieBear

Play it was designed for was there and he had those 4 sec.

it was for wright coming across the middle. there wasnt a clear out.. the play hadnt developed fully. if he chucks it deep its an int. if he chucked it short the first look at miller its an int.. best play would have been to fall to the ground. or block clay and hit wright when bb clears that cb/s from the area

futhermore, bb was option 2 deep.. if s/cb goes with wright you hit bb on the backside post.. that play took way too long to develop.. come on you people

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
it was for wright coming across the middle. there wasnt a clear out.. the play hadnt developed fully. if he chucks it deep its an int. if he chucked it short the first look at miller its an int.. best play would have been to fall to the ground. or block clay and hit wright when bb clears that cb/s from the area

PA when you know the defense is OBVIOUSLY bringing the house presnap, any High School QB knows to get the ball out as quick as possible, whether you throw it away or the first 2 reads are open. You're trolling is getting worse bud

AussieBear

PA when you know the defense is OBVIOUSLY bringing the house presnap, any High School QB knows to get the ball out as quick as possible, whether you throw it away or the first 2 reads are open. You're trolling is getting worse bud

they didnt bring the house.. sims had clay, thats why he didnt release. too bad he couldnt block him though.. or that would have been a huge play for wright. do you know football?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He hit several guys deep with the Bucs, he just plays so damn scared and NEVER commits to the open guy until about the 3rd quarter when he's settled in and gained some undeserved confidence. It's like he doesn't know how to be "the guy", only a relief pitcher... I saw him rifle in maybe 2-3 balls last night where i was like "wow, where's that been", then he overthrows Bellamy by 10' for an INT.

I took out the part of not looking at the TE. That was an error. Shoulder position confirms Adipost's take.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

futhermore, bb was option 2 deep.. if s/cb goes with wright you hit bb on the backside post.. that play took way too long to develop.. come on you people

The saddest thing aboot this play is that if Clay doesn't hit Glennon there, Glennon probably throws a pick 6 as the defender had the extra time to close on Miller and Glennon was aboot to throw a lollipop into the air.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He had a choice and enough time to throw over the top when Wright didn't clear. It's an either or as the safety can't cover both.

AussieBear

The saddest thing aboot this play is that if Clay doesn't hit Glennon there, Glennon probably throws a pick 6.

its possible.. since they were all covered. at that very point in time, the best throw he would have had was a line drive at millers outside foot.

AussieBear

He had a choice and enough time to throw over the top when Wright didn't clear. It's an either or as the safety can't cover both.

thats it.. if safety goes with wright and cb follows you hit bb on a back side post, his cb will be in a trail position. if s goes with bb wright should come free looking at that d.. wrong time to call that play. if they had ran the ball 10+ times already and had some success, maybe. but the fact was they were all still clustered in a spot.. no clearouts happened

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
they didnt bring the house.. sims had clay, thats why he didnt release. too bad he couldnt block him though.. or that would have been a huge play for wright. do you know football?

Green Bay brought 6 guys at Glennon on that play.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is appearant over the past 4 games that Glennon takes way too long to go thru his progressions. Trubisky did show in limited preseason that he was decent at progressions.

I don't see how they roll Glennon out again.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
thats it.. if safety goes with wright and cb follows you hit bb on a back side post, his cb will be in a trail position. if s goes with bb wright should come free looking at that d.. wrong time to call that play. if they had ran the ball 10+ times already and had some success, maybe. but the fact was they were all still clustered in a spot.. no clearouts happened
Or if Glennon throws it over the safety, they don't plug up the middle like they did all game. Even incomplete is fine there. Everyone knows we run a lot. Playaction is fine without a setup for this team.