Trubisky or Watson?

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
This is irrelevant trubisky is our qb get on the band wagon unless you have a thing for giraffes whatever floats your boat

It's not irrelevant at all.

Don't get it twisted, if Deshaun Watson is great and Mitch Trubisky is terrible, Pace is going to get fired.

DavidH

Liked Posts:

Don't get it twisted, if Deshaun Watson is great and Mitch Trubisky is terrible, Pace is going to get fired.

If Trubisky is terrible, Pace is fired regardless of what Watson does.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I love Watson. He is a leader.

But Trubisky's accuracy is special and his accuracy on the move is unique. I think accuracy is the single most important trait for a QB.

Agreed. I think Watson is primed to be a year 1 impact player because he went to the perfect time and a great situation like Dak and will be good for many years.

Trubisky I think will be solid at best early because of the lack of weapons. However, I think he's only going to get better and has a real chance of being special.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Fired is a relative term here. No one judges a rookie quarterback after one season. Pace's contract is 5 years. I said from the get go that Pace was making moves that didn't benefit the team so much as allowed him to at the very least see out his 5 year contract in its totality. Management is seemingly allowing him to see out his vision. Aside from the obvious Kevin White fuck up, he has been pretty good at drafting. His free agency work leaves something to be desired and his player retention is less than ideal. I still have yet to understand why he is such a cheap ass with such cap space at his disposal. Either way he's been good enough for me to give him that extra rope to hang himself with should it get to that.

DavidH

Liked Posts:
Fired is a relative term here. No one judges a rookie quarterback after one season. Pace's contract is 5 years. I said from the get go that Pace was making moves that didn't benefit the team so much as allowed him to at the very least see out his 5 year contract in its totality. Management is seemingly allowing him to see out his vision. Aside from the obvious Kevin White fuck up, he has been pretty good at drafting. His free agency work leaves something to be desired and his player retention is less than ideal. I still have yet to understand why he is such a cheap ass with such cap space at his disposal. Either way he's been good enough for me to give him that extra rope to hang himself with should it get to that.

with all that cap space, i'm pretty optimistic that we can make some big signings coming off a promising rookie season from mitch and kick it into high gear next year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Funny thing is I had the top 4 QBs in the order they went which is rare for me. But I also thought there was almost no chance Kizer would get out of the 1st, I think he went 56th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought #4 wouldn't pass the top of round 2. I had Kizer 4 as well but he's got too much potential to fall where he did. He's big and smart and that goes a long way to overcoming what he doesn't do well.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a Bear fan, I'm rooting for Trubisky all the way. But before the draft, I was hoping the Bears would pick Deshaun Watson. I see Trubisky as a better pure passer, but admire Watson's leadership qualities. What were others thinking on draft day?

TBD until Mitch plays in an NFL game but if it's anything like the presason sneak preview I would say Mitch. Watson was impressive in 2 road games and one against Bill B. in NE.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:

Completely agree. I really like what Pace has done. I'm not speaking in a short term sense though, just addressing the fact that over the next two years, how the other QBs in this class perform does matter for Pace.

I mean, fans have attacked Pace for not drafting Dak Prescott who the Cowboys and the rest of the NFL didn't even want until round 4. At the end of next year, how are they going to react to Watson lighting it up while Trubisky is struggling and knowing the Bears could have taken him at #3 without trading up? I can see all of the bitching now.

I don't see it playing out like this at all. I think Trubisky will show he is the best and has a chance to be special. But all of this ignore Watson stuff is just silly. They are forever connected now for Pace. But if it does go the other way?

It will be bad. And best believe it will be held against Pace.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought #4 wouldn't pass the top of round 2. I had Kizer 4 as well but he's got too much potential to fall where he did. He's big and smart and that goes a long way to overcoming what he doesn't do well.

The guy definitely has a lot of tools but of all the QBs coming out he reminded me the most of Cutler. Lots of raw athleticism and intelligence but over-confident in his abilities and careless at times. Hopefully Jackson can harness the good and limit the bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
To early to judge any of the QBs taken.
- Watson may look pretty good now... but what happens if/when he has that bad 'rookie'esque game... or next year and he has a sophomore slump..?
- Trub has yet to play. He may look like a Franchise QB or he may play like a rookie and make a ton of mistakes. Will the fickle Chicago fan base be forgiving of rookie -
errors?
- Kizer right now is making rookie mistakes.... next year will he be making the same mistakes or will he mature and start to play up to potential?
- Mahommes...hasn't played yet. Looked good in preseason... arguably better than any of the other rookies.... but when his time come how will he perform?
- Nate Peterman has looked the best of the late round 'project' QBs in preseason... will he develop into a solid NFL QB who some one could have had on the cheap or fade into nowhere like so many late round QBs?

I'm on the Trub wagon now because he's a Bear.... but I didn't want him or Watson in the draft... and would have rather the team took a J. Adams #1 along with Kizer or Peterman late. I never doubted Trubs talent potential... actually did think he had the highest cieling in the draft... just thought that the cieling of the others were not that far below... and I really wanted a defensive leader and stud... a type of player the the team still lacks.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

A gm will hit and miss all the time. Should the Houston gm be fired for a ridiculous contract to osweiller plus having to get rid of a 2 round pick to get rid of him?

I think main thing with the gm is that they are identifying the right needs and not pilfering our picks on nonsense like JA going for special teams players with first day picks.

Personally I wanted Watson but I'm totally on board with the trubisky pick and wouldn't use it against pace if he busts. For me pace Fa is where this team is behind big time in the rebuild

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Bottom line I have a feeling this underrated qb class is going to end up being one of the better ones five years from now. It's funny how that works out like that

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Definitely way too early to judge but trubisky >>> Watson.

Comments by SF and others suggest that he was considered the top prospect by other organizations as well. Those that gaurunteed Watson would be an elite qb in this league will look like fools in the next few years.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bottom line I have a feeling this underrated qb class is going to end up being one of the better ones five years from now. It's funny how that works out like that

I feel the same way, basically Kiper blows hot air.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:

True.

If you had bought into the hype about how this class was so lowly rated.. as I know I did... I think we are headed for a surprise. As of right now, the class looks as if there may be 3-5 bonafide NFL starters... at least three of which may end up 'all pro' status along side or even more highly regarded than other young QBs in the league who were considered much higher stock when drafted... Wiinston, Mariotta, Carr, Wentz, Goff, etc etc

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually wanted Jake Browning next year.

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
I love Watson. He is a leader.

But Trubisky's accuracy is special and his accuracy on the move is unique. I think accuracy is the single most important trait for a QB.

You're wrong. Its the neck..

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
Didn't want a QB with that pick honestly. Really thought the Bears would take one in the second round though. Watson or Trub if they were there was my guess. I wanted Adams because safety has been a perpetual sore spot for us. Trub looks good though and I'd be happy to be wrong . Hope he is as good as we are hoping.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I like the pick and am happy but way to early to know.
I thought Matt Leinart would be a quality QB.
So I obviously don't know shit.

Joeyo_pr

Liked Posts:
I had it 1. Trubs 2. Mahomes 3. Watson 4. Kizer. I wanted Trubs at 3 or trade down and Mahomes which was next to impossible. I really liked Trubs and Mahomes, meh on Watson and hated Kizer.