Trubisky or Watson?

napo55

Liked Posts:
As a Bear fan, I'm rooting for Trubisky all the way. But before the draft, I was hoping the Bears would pick Deshaun Watson. I see Trubisky as a better pure passer, but admire Watson's leadership qualities. What were others thinking on draft day?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mitchell Trubisky has done a good job at getting the locker room behind him like Victor Cruz said "He has moxy".

I really wanted DeShone Kizer but he's 3 TD, 7 Int right now.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I was all in on Trubisky. I've yet to be disappointed...

Toast88

Liked Posts:
With the caveat of it’s still extremely early...

Watson looks pretty solid, but I’d stick with Trubisky. Trubisky appears to be a lot more accurate probably (lots of lunging for catches in Houston). And he appears to have more upside.

But Watson looks better than Kizer. Who knows with Mahomes? Had a very impressive preseason game. Coaches here in KC keep calling him raw, though, and he appears to have accuracy issues (threw what should have been 3 INTs in that same preseason game that everyone went gaga over.)

DavidH

Liked Posts:
As a Bear fan, I'm rooting for Trubisky all the way. But before the draft, I was hoping the Bears would pick Deshaun Watson. I see Trubisky as a better pure passer, but admire Watson's leadership qualities. What were others thinking on draft day?

i was going to renounce my fandom (ok not really) if they picked watson at #3 like was starting to be rumored by our local beat guys. i don't think he's going to be very good.
i wasn't expecting a qb but i liked mitch, so i was happy with the pick.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
I said before I would be skipping in the damn street if they drafted either.

Need to get Fleecebiscuit in the game. Lets see what the kid can do.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I have been all in on Mitch from the get go. He is exactly what the Bears need.
Watson is a gunslinger who will throw Bomb TDs & Ints. He has lower accuracy and doesn't see the field the way Biscuit does.
Watson will excel on a team with quality WRs & a Deep threat WR. Meaning he is useless on the Bears.

Mitch is more of a technician who will dissect defenses & take his shots when he sees them.
Mitch will require more play time in order to face more elaborate defenses. So he can learn them on the field rather than a play book.
I see Mitch as a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady type. Who will make lemonade from the lemon WRs we have.

That has been my opinion for a while. Until he starts 3-5 games I won't know if I was wrong or not.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I love Watson. He is a leader.

But Trubisky's accuracy is special and his accuracy on the move is unique. I think accuracy is the single most important trait for a QB.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mitchell Trubisky has done a good job at getting the locker room behind him like Victor Cruz said "He has moxy".

I really wanted DeShone Kizer but he's 3 TD, 7 Int right now.

Sadly that is statistically better than glennon

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubs was my #1 prospect in the whole draft due to position so I was crazy happy when we got him.

Hopefully all the rumors are true and we get to see him Monday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was thinking long term and had Watson as my 3rd QB. Mitch was my man and like Milky, would have taken him at one.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get much into pre-draft prognostications anymore. They so-called draft pundits are usually so far off the market it's comical. That being said, I honestly wanted a receiver and hadn't paid much attention to Mitchell Trubisky.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Before the draft for me was

Watson = bust
Trubisky = maybe special (top ceiling)
Mahomes = Brett Favre 2.0?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was thinking long term and had Watson as my 3rd QB. Mitch was my man and like Milky, would have taken him at one.

Funny thing is I had the top 4 QBs in the order they went which is rare for me. But I also thought there was almost no chance Kizer would get out of the 1st, I think he went 56th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I preferred Watson, but priority one was drafting a QB in the first which many didn't want to do.....because they were all gonna be busts and we had holes on the D. Priorty one was accomplished and look forward to enjoying Pace's genius and MT dominating the North.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Time machine - we are back visiting April 2017

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This is irrelevant trubisky is our qb get on the band wagon unless you have a thing for giraffes whatever floats your boat

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wanted Watson but said from the get go I didn't give a shit who Pace took but he absolutely had to take a quarterback in the 2017 draft. I would have been calling for his head on a silver platter if he went 3 years without drafting a starting caliber quarterback. I got behind Mitch from the moment they moved up to #2 and picked him. When they moved up I was like holy shit they're taking a QB but had no idea who. I was as happy as a pig in shit.