New York Giants need to deal Odell Beckham

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Action speak louder than words. He may have been happier here if we gave him long term deal at 5 million more a year than anyone was offering.

And that might have been a terrible move. Through 4 games this year he has 215 yards. Not exactly All Pro numbers so far....

Small sample size I know, but so far he hasn't played this year like the guy deserving of that HUGE deal he wanted.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As far as a football player, Odell Beckham Jr is an unstoppable force. His presence alone transforms an entire offense. I don't see NY letting him go unless he murders somebody.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I live in NJ. Told every Giant fan I know here that there is 0 percent chance OBJ is on the Giants after his rookie contract is over. They all disagreed. Giants are not going to put up with his BS past that. And know, we don't want him on the Bears, trust me on that.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he's unhappy just add him to the list of unhappy diva WRs. Its quite a list-past and present. I could see them trading if they got a bunch of picks but as said above, trading away your best player isn't usually the best way to re-build- particularly when that player is so young.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he's unhappy just add him to the list of unhappy diva WRs. Its quite a list-past and present. I could see them trading if they got a bunch of picks but as said above, trading away your best player isn't usually the best way to re-build- particularly when that player is so young.

Yep, the Steelers had no problem paying this guy...

[video=youtube_share;jj3zDdqbwTY]https://youtu.be/jj3zDdqbwTY[/video]

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I kind of think that what Brown did was out of anger while Beckham is more of just a general asshole. Teams can deal with the Brown incident in a lot more straight forward way than Beckham. The Steelers do have a problem, however, I think, with team unity. I think that they are divided based on the flag and anthem incidents. I also see the same thing in what is going on with the Raiders.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

It's better to get a draft pick then nothing at all. If Odell Beckham doesn't and won't resign with the Giants because he's unhappy with the direction of the team and the ownership. There is not much you can do to save him.

Franchise tag is a short term option that won't work in the long term if he doesn't want to stay. Odell is not a slave that has to stay with the Giants.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

You're comparing apples to oranges Adi.