We need to trade Kyle Long for a real WR

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sorry but u gotta go, Mitch needs a target.
Pace is gonna get rid of you sooner rather than later due to your big mouth. So why not trade him and get a good WR out of him.
irl3vly.jpg

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
"Long is the heart of the Offensive Line. We need him around." - Kyle Long on Twitter

Lol idgaf what he says on Twitter if he comes to play. I'm not arguing about his personality in general.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Pace is gonna get rid of you sooner rather than later due to your big mouth. So why not trade him and get a good WR out of him.
irl3vly.jpg

He just donated 50k to hurricane relief in Puerto Rico. Yes, he's just a big mouthed jerk.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Bah, Tanner Gentry will be elevated from the PS and go 6-100 yrds this week and Shaheen gets 4-28 and 2 redzone TD's

Legaeveth

Liked Posts:
Sorry the O-line after the QB position is more important then a WR. Having a strong 0-line will help Trubisky way more then a WR will. These kids get paid to catch a ball they are just going to have to learn to catch one.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Then we will need to trade the "real WR" for a real guard after the run game and protection goes to shit.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
They have Gentry. Let's see what he can do with a qb who can throw over 5 yards..

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
I started following Olin Kreutz on Twitter, as he has been doing a lot of commentary recently. He said after the Pittsburgh game that Long's importance goes beyond his play, which is generally good/great as it is.

He pointed out a clip where he shoved a Steeler defender off of Howard when he was on the ground, saying that his willingness to defend teammates is part of what makes him so important. He has always been the big energy guy on the offense and it shows.

https://twitter.com/olin_kreutz/status/912718413209985024

https://twitter.com/olin_kreutz/status/912718443853615105

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
So you wanna kill the running game then...

The running game looked just fine without Long playing. So I think we would be fine.

I would certainly consider a top tier WR without injury history for a guard with a shrimpy leg and a broke down shoulder.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don't think so. If you want to remove talent from the team to get a WR you don't remove the talent protecting the QB to be able to throw to the WR. Have we learned nothing from the Lovie years?

I'm all for good old fashioned defense but the game has gone to offense. We could get by with no defense if the offense was good enough. Next year they'll probably start flagging defense if they jump a route and steal the QB's ball.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
irl3vly.jpg

What is smarter: trying to have Trubisky make the receivers better while getting a decent running game and pass protection or getting a #2 receiver for Long, get Trubisky injured and then start Glennon for the rest of the year?