Around the League Happenings thread (Updated: 2018)

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Panarin with another goal and assist, now has 7 points in the three games, he is the Kane on that team.

Bowman should be fired just for trading him.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Panarin with another goal and assist, now has 7 points in the three games, he is the Kane on that team.

Bowman should be fired just for trading him.

Yeah, but we needed Saad to get Toews going.... soooo

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

1umi24v.png

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I still remember the day Breadboy was signed. Told Ares he would be a beast, and he hasn't disappointed yet. Hated the trade, and still hate this trade. Now I have a deep hatred toward Toews. If that bum wasn't a pussy, and could carry a line Panarin would still be here raping with Kaner.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I still remember the day Breadboy was signed. Told Ares he would be a beast, and he hasn't disappointed yet. Hated the trade, and still hate this trade. Now I have a deep hatred toward Toews. If that bum wasn't a pussy, and could carry a line Panarin would still be here raping with Kaner.

Toes #s will continue to decline.

Grimson was right

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I guess my point is why did Bowman not take more heat for this terrible move. Do you think he just got a stern talking to that this my way or the highway crap has to stop?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess my point is why did Bowman not take more heat for this terrible move. Do you think he just got a stern talking to that this my way or the highway crap has to stop?

Toward the end of the year Kane talked about the locker room being right again, and the air cleared. Something happened. Toews was sat down, young guys were intalled, they announced a week later both Q/Stan would be retained.

I think they had a state of the franchise and grievances aired, and whatever Toews was struggling against they shut him down and fought the last 5-10 games of season with better spirit and attitude.

Toews may retire early...my take is the guy was so serious about hockey from a young age but his character and intelligence he grew up, he saw the world, he talked to wise people or women learning on a different path and mentally he has grown out of the game a little, quit meat etc. His priorities have added in some higher ones, while I think hockey is clearly still way up at the top. Its just for him it used to be the only thing up there.

If Bowman has been humbled some than I am glad all are back. When it was getting close to saying goodbye to Q I for one could not do it, endorse it, and don't really think we can improve there.

Of 3 big structure pieces around players its the fitness regime and trainers for Hawks I wish was more competitive with top organizations in sports. We don't look as fit as other teams and its not just because we draft skill.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Hind sight is 20/20. The vast majority of people, including most on this site, thought it was a good deal for the Hawks. I'm in no way sticking up for Bowman as being an NHL GM, he should have known better than a bunch schmuck fans that were mostly pleased with the deal. It was very easy to think that Bread Man was a product of Kaner's wizardry, so bringing back Saad made sense....but the bottom line was Saad taking such a big step back. If he had put up 30 goals, no one is even talking about this.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Toward the end of the year Kane talked about the locker room being right again, and the air cleared. Something happened. Toews was sat down, young guys were intalled, they announced a week later both Q/Stan would be retained.

I think they had a state of the franchise and grievances aired, and whatever Toews was struggling against they shut him down and fought the last 5-10 games of season with better spirit and attitude.

Toews may retire early...my take is the guy was so serious about hockey from a young age but his character and intelligence he grew up, he saw the world, he talked to wise people or women learning on a different path and mentally he has grown out of the game a little, quit meat etc. His priorities have added in some higher ones, while I think hockey is clearly still way up at the top. Its just for him it used to be the only thing up there.

If Bowman has been humbled some than I am glad all are back. When it was getting close to saying goodbye to Q I for one could not do it, endorse it, and don't really think we can improve there.

Of 3 big structure pieces around players its the fitness regime and trainers for Hawks I wish was more competitive with top organizations in sports. We don't look as fit as other teams and its not just because we draft skill.
Source? I haven't seen anything about any airing of grievances. Not saying it didn't happen but you'd have through something like that would have been picked up by someone credible and let lose in cyberspace.

Hind sight is 20/20. The vast majority of people, including most on this site, thought it was a good deal for the Hawks. I'm in no way sticking up for Bowman as being an NHL GM, he should have known better than a bunch schmuck fans that were mostly pleased with the deal. It was very easy to think that Bread Man was a product of Kaner's wizardry, so bringing back Saad made sense....but the bottom line was Saad taking such a big step back. If he had put up 30 goals, no one is even talking about this.
Agreed...partially. If Saad hit 30 and Toews was still mired around 20/50 I'm sure there would be those out there (myself included) who would have griped about Saad's inability to sparkplug Toews--or rather Toews' inability to be sparkplugged. In hindsight the move was indeed bad.

I don't think Stan should be taken too much to task over this move though especially because hindsight is 20/20. Saad has been pegged as "mini Hossa" and coming into this year D was going to be the biggest deficiency or even if you're a glass-half-full kinda person, a major question mark what with losing our best defensive d-man. Murph was always an enigma as to how much he could have filled Hjammer's pants, so any help in the back end was going to be vital. Panarin, much like Kane is not known for defensive play. Saad is.

Even if the 'hawks kept Panarin, I don't think it would have effected anything except for our lottery position. The fact of the matter remains the 'hawks D was a goatse-sized hole that only Crawford playing out of his mind was able to fill. After he went down and the netminding quality dropped, Added O from Panarin have done much IMHO. Our backups would still let in inopportune softies and the D would still be blowing coverage, meaning headway would be lost after Dec. 22nd.

IMHO that's a problem. Yes, Saad was a part of it. But much like keeping Panarin, if Saad hit 30G I still wonder how much that would have actually helped anything given the Courtney Love-sized Hole that was our defense.

Stan should have be taken to task fort his bad moves, but Q should also be taken to task for misusing just about everyone on D. His complete mishandling of Keith (among others) coupled with Keith's worst season over was completely debilitating.

Outside of Crawford and Debrincat...let's face it...the whole team sucked, from McDonut on down.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well the hogs up 2-0 against the vegas golden knight wolves over the two weekend games. Delia having a good shot in net, Bouma, Franson and Clendening leading the experience angle for the young hawks.

Main roster guys on the team are HAydon, Kampf, Highmore, Ejdsell, Fortin and Sikora getting some playoff experience.