Around the League Happenings thread (Updated: 2018)

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
As the season is about to start, we can use this as a running thread for NHL news, like... holy shit did Calgary finalize the Jagr deal?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yep...Good for Jagr!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Sakic waiting and waiting on Duchene pays off. He gets a nice young D prospect from Preds and 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks.

But yeah you can wait around when you don't have any cap worries in a trade scenario

And the preds giving up a bunch for just Turris to be a 2C is good in my book too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was hoping he wouldn't go to Nash, but it's nice to see them lose all those picks.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sakic waiting and waiting on Duchene pays off. He gets a nice young D prospect from Preds and 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks.

But yeah you can wait around when you don't have any cap worries in a trade scenario

And the preds giving up a bunch for just Turris to be a 2C is good in my book too.

It was kinda on the nose of Sakic to play him then pull him in the game, putting his team down a man.

As for the trade...now who is McNabb going to verbally fellate?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty quiet on the trade front so far around the league.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
pretty weird hearing that vegas is listening to deals for anyone who will be a free agent. Do they think they are that far ahead of the rest of the west?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
pretty weird hearing that vegas is listening to deals for anyone who will be a free agent. Do they think they are that far ahead of the rest of the west?

They're 11 points up on the Sharks and have the best goal differential in the west. Nashville and Winnipeg are closer, but in all likelihood they'd only meet wither in the WCF.

I don't think it's about being that much further out ahead of the west--but they are solidly top-3 this season. The 'hawks (when we were good) would do the same.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
A lot of ahl or tweener ex hawks moved around at trade deadline.

Motte was shipped in part of a trade to Vancouver and many of their fans are mad they're not getting picks in trades like that but bottom 6 ceiling prospects.

Kyle Baun who was having a poor year in the ahl compared to his icehogs years is now in Toronto.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So any One paying attention to the playoffs?

Since hawks are out I’m cheering for Vegas!

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
So any One paying attention to the playoffs?

Since hawks are out I’m cheering for Vegas!

Playoff hockey is the best in all of sports imo, so yes. I am in on Vegas. Absolutely anybody but Pittsburgh

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I am more for whoever is playing certain teams than going for a specific team.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Watching the late games still suck. Fell asleep during second period of Vegas game. The motivation of staying up late even though have to make it to work early just isn’t there without the hawks in it.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Just interested to see if Panarin proves Bowman wrong and shows up against Ovi in the first round. Got the game winner game 1 and has 4 assists over the first two games. Pretty solid.