Your 2017-2018 Chicago Blackhawks Season Thread

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Was that one of those rare Bickel wristers that Pat/Edzo would slobber all over.... "Oh dat dere Bickel got a WICKED WRIST SHOT"

And you watch the replay and think "Man.... he sure does.... how come he only scores on it like twice a year?"

Not sure who this Bickel guy is. I do know we did have a Bigfoot

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Panik and Dauphin to AZ, Duclair and Clendening coming back.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks trade Richard Panik to Coyotes for Anthony Duclair in 4-player deal

Chicago has made the NHL’s first big trade of 2018.

By Brandon M. Cain@brandonmcain Updated Jan 10, 2018, 5:40pm CST

usa_today_10513805.0.jpg
Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports

The Chicago Blackhawks traded forward Richard Panik and Laurent Dauphin to the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for forward Anthony Duclair and defenseman Adam Clendening on Wednesday, the team announced.
Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet first reported the trade.
Clendening will report to the Rockford IceHogs of the AHL.
Panik, 26, has six goals and 16 points this season after signing a two-year deal worth $2.8 million per year last May. The 22-year-old Dauphin has only four points (three goals, one assist) in 32 games since being acquired in part of a trade in June for Chicago defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson.
Duclair, 22, has racked up nine goals and 15 points in 33 games this season for Arizona. He was drafted in the third round by the New York Rangers in 2013, and traded to the Coyotes in 2015 as part of a deal for veteran defenseman Keith Yandle. Duclair signed a one-year contract with a $1.2 million salary cap hit with Arizona last summer and is eligible to become a restricted free agent July 1.
Clendening with reunite with the team that first drafted him back in 2011 with the No. 36 overall pick. The 25-year-old was traded in January 2015 to Vancouver for fellow blueliner Gustav Forsling, who has etched his spot into Chicago’s lineup.
Clendening was then sent to Pittsburgh along with Nick Bonino the following July, but was shipped off again to Anaheim the next January. He signed a one-year deal with the New York Rangers on July 1, 2016, and did the same with the Coyotes one year later. He has two assists in five games with the Coyotes this season, and 24 points (four goals, 20 assists) in 86 career games.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think Duclair has made the impact they were hoping for...

I get the feeling they hoped he would jump in and spark some offense and move up into the top 6 or at the very least get the 3rd line scoring.

He's been close to scoring a number of times... but I worry he might just fall into line with the rest of the team riding the waves of effort/lack of effort from our "stars"

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I get the feeling they hoped he would jump in and spark some offense and move up into the top 6 or at the very least get the 3rd line scoring.

He's been close to scoring a number of times... but I worry he might just fall into line with the rest of the team riding the waves of effort/lack of effort from our "stars"

I think it's too early to judge him yet, but if the bold happens forget it. This team used to elevate any new guy, it stinks we have to worry about them Mironov'ing.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Duh.. what?

They played 3 games with him. 1 the 3rd line scored the only 2 goals of the game. And one the whole team was flat

Btw, looks like tomorrow's game he'll be with toews and Saad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy shit we won a game!!!!

The cat with the Hat(trick!)

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I admit, when is was 4-0 I said to my wife "how are they going to blow this lead?"
She giggled.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is a losing mentality and sadly a level the play of thiz team seems to be.

Heh, well they lose games when the goalies suck.....they lose games when the goalies are good but they can't score....their best defensemen no longer qualify for that designation....even when they win, most of the time it seems like they escaped....home ice advantage no longer exists.

Yeah, that's pretty much a losing mentality.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
holy shit was that bad letting phoenix win for the first time since 2014.

What will it take to get hammer back? Raanta has the number of these shooters, at least Kane was back with Schmaltz, they still need Vinnie on that other wing.

man I sure hope they move the right people.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
holy shit was that bad letting phoenix win for the first time since 2014.

What will it take to get hammer back? Raanta has the number of these shooters, at least Kane was back with Schmaltz, they still need Vinnie on that other wing.

man I sure hope they move the right people.

Does anyone else feel Duclair does not have the skill to be a top 6? And Debricat is very very questionable.

Q is totally fucking lost. These lines suck ass. First of all we need one winning line.

Saad-Toews-Hartman
AA-Smaltz-Kane
Sharp-Kampf-Debricat
Duclair-Wingels-Hinstroza

Every line needs a worker. This is the best we can do. We have too many little bitch skill guys and Toews can't pretend he is 7 feet tall with fireballs out of his ass anymore. He needs help working. Hartman did well with him before. Each line neds that guy who stands in front of net, and we don't need Toews doing that, it isn't working.

Remember when he used to skate around and shoot and set people up? It is my belief his game is fucked up because he is trying to work too hard.

AA-Hartman-Hino-Duclair-Debricat are the 5 its really hard to place for some reason.

Its now or never...we need a 10 game winning streak but we suck ass so its over.

For last stand...you just gotta try the AA-Kane thing, give Toews some muscle, and hope Debricat-Hino can provide some teeth to the bottom lines, imo. I don't know what I would do, its a total mess. Thanks Bowman...Q will take the fall. Bowman deserves it.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does anyone else feel Duclair does not have the skill to be a top 6? And Debricat is very very questionable.

Based on *actual* play, Debrincat is the only guy not named Kane showing any top-6 level skill. Right now we got two top-6 FWDs, ten bottom-6 FWDs, six 6-7 D-men, a fringe backup goalie, and an AHL goalie.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That was the final nail. Get beat by the Totes 6-1. Tank is in effect.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bigfoot and I were discussing who, if anyone, you can/should try to trade now?

And I am speaking just in terms of would teams want the player for the money, regardless of the NMC situation.

Kane you could trade easily, but I would not.

Keith you could trade, but do you want to?

Seabrook you would love to trade, but probably need to hand over a player or pick to get someone to take his salary.

Toews I would like to trade, but who wants to pay 10.5M for this performance?

Crow you might be able to trade... the injury/concussion issues are now a big drain on his trade value combined with his age.

Saad you might be able to trade, but his performance to contract is pretty abysmal right now.

Anisimov you could trade perhaps... not sure on the value we would get in return but he could be a late season rental for a Cup contender.

I would try to package something with Seabrook to get his fucking contract off our books.... im sorry, he fucking sucks now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Vancouver extended Benning who still is considering re-sign in Gundbranson who is a big physical plug. If seabs could be packaged out its to there.

Otherwise I'd hope some guys that might not sign again like Kempny are traded off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glass waived. Jon Franceu Berube will now provide a wall of bricks in goal.