Your 2017-2018 Chicago Blackhawks Season Thread

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Since the offseason thread has run it's course, we'll do an in-season thread now. Gonna be an interesting own.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Drop the friggin puck already!!!!!!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Glad the real fall sports season is starting Wednesday.

I still stand by my convictions for what constitutes success:

3rd in Central

Get past 1st round

Crawford should post a .920

Toews & Saad need to be 30/70 players

Panik should hit 20G

Sharp should hit 15G

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Glad the real fall sports season is starting Wednesday.

I still stand by my convictions for what constitutes success:

3rd in Central

Get past 1st round

Crawford should post a .920

Toews & Saad need to be 30/70 players

Panik should hit 20G

Sharp should hit 15G

They are winning the central damn it.

And I love that you don't have Kane in any of your goals... haha

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Hawks get the penguins on a back to back after losing to the blues on banner night.

This just got some extra importance for Pittsburg.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
tumblr_oxbj2dgukj1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

tumblr_oxc34f1y3U1w8vvh3o1_1280.jpg

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Go Hawks!

I've got tickets for the Hawks/Canucks games in Vancouver on 12/28 & 2/1/18.

I'm psyched for the season.

Like the four lines, hope the 2nd & 3rd D pairs get off to a good start.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Well pent up goal scoring at its finest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks look great so far, but as Kane noted after beating the BJs, both the Pens and BJs were in the second night of back-to-back games. Additionally, they were both on the road and the Hawks were facing each teams backup goalie, Nevertheless, they looked pretty fuckin' good. However, a real test will be tonight in Toronto and then against the Canadiens Tuesday night, when we'll be the road team, it''ll be the second night of a back-to-back games, and Forsberg will most likely be in net. Go Hawks!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
our young d men are playing so well, they are forcing Keith and Seabs to raise their game.

I mean, dont get me wrong, I know this works but really thought they would give a youngster to each veteran but this year seems to be catering to the veteran guys. Give Toews Saad. Give Kane a quick centerman, match up the d buddies. I know we will see a few changes when they hit a slump, but somehow these two other d lines sure seem to have some chemistry. especially Ruuta and Forsling.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks look great so far, but as Kane noted after beating the BJs, both the Pens and BJs were in the second night of back-to-back games. Additionally, they were both on the road and the Hawks were facing each teams backup goalie, Nevertheless, they looked pretty fuckin' good. However, a real test will be tonight in Toronto and then against the Canadiens Tuesday night, when we'll be the road team, it''ll be the second night of a back-to-back games, and Forsberg will most likely be in net. Go Hawks!
I mean kinda.... they faced both of the Penguins goalies... neither mattered.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
our young d men are playing so well, they are forcing Keith and Seabs to raise their game.

I mean, dont get me wrong, I know this works but really thought they would give a youngster to each veteran but this year seems to be catering to the veteran guys. Give Toews Saad. Give Kane a quick centerman, match up the d buddies. I know we will see a few changes when they hit a slump, but somehow these two other d lines sure seem to have some chemistry. especially Ruuta and Forsling.
I think you already answered your own question though. We'll see plenty of changes, ride this for as long as it's working. We all know this team is going to look pretty different by the end of the season. But if they can get a hot start by using what works, i'm fine with that. plenty of time for the kids, and who knows what the trade deadline will bring.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
News came out that Eddie O will be in the booth later this week. Awesome news

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think you already answered your own question though. We'll see plenty of changes, ride this for as long as it's working. We all know this team is going to look pretty different by the end of the season. But if they can get a hot start by using what works, i'm fine with that. plenty of time for the kids, and who knows what the trade deadline will bring.

Well, there was a story today claiming that we got a new #2 D man in Ruuta.

Here I thought they put KEith and Seabrook together and let the inexperienced guys deal with each other, but reading this story, they did split the best two.