Report: Chicago Bulls working on an extension for Gar Forman

Ron Burgundy

gar-forman-nba-chicago-bulls-media-day.jpg

The Chicago Bulls are right smack dab in the middle of a full rebuild after trading away superstar Jimmy Butler during the 2017 NBA Draft.Life has been rough for the organization the last 5 years or so. After Derrick Rose tore ligaments in his knee, he was never the same and the Bulls fell from the top of the Eastern Conference to the bottom where they currently sit.Instead of trying to get younger during the 2016 offseason, Gar Forman and John Paxson decided to bring in veterans Rajon Rondo and Dwyane Wade as a band-aid.It didn't work.Frustrations toward this regime of Paxson and Forman have grown from fans and it's really no secret. And now on Tuesday, news broke from 670 The Score's Bernstein and Goff Show that the team is working on an extension for the General Manager Forman.Here's what they tweeted out on Tuesday afternoon:https://twitter.com/Bernstein_Goff/status/915336688280489990Click the tweet and see the reactions for yourself. Hint: It's not good.For a team that went from the top seed in the 2010 Eastern Conference Playoffs to flat rock bottom this year, it's mind-boggling that this regime is given another chance, yet, be considered for an extension.If Chicago's young talent in Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and Lauri Markkanen don't show much promise this season, then things will get even worse in the organization.I think it's a little too early to be thinking about an extension for either Paxson or Forman.

More...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
5220400+_6c45b47019e85b5146d97f7bdb9187c1.jpg

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who cares? This organization hasn't been worth my time in years...

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Jerry Reinsdorf is too loyal to his gm's. He kept Krause longer than he should and now gar and pax have an effective lifetime contract.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It was hinted at on B&G that this could be a golden parachute.

I'm going to get this wrong but caller said the Bulls are "a family business run by the creepy nephews who you can't fire"

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I guess the only hope for a new regime is to wait for them to die

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
gar-forman-nba-chicago-bulls-media-day.jpg

The Chicago Bulls are right smack dab in the middle of a full rebuild after trading away superstar Jimmy Butler during the 2017 NBA Draft.Life has been rough for the organization the last 5 years or so. After Derrick Rose tore ligaments in his knee, he was never the same and the Bulls fell from the top of the Eastern Conference to the bottom where they currently sit.Instead of trying to get younger during the 2016 offseason, Gar Forman and John Paxson decided to bring in veterans Rajon Rondo and Dwyane Wade as a band-aid.It didn't work.Frustrations toward this regime of Paxson and Forman have grown from fans and it's really no secret. And now on Tuesday, news broke from 670 The Score's Bernstein and Goff Show that the team is working on an extension for the General Manager Forman.Here's what they tweeted out on Tuesday afternoon:https://twitter.com/Bernstein_Goff/status/915336688280489990Click the tweet and see the reactions for yourself. Hint: It's not good.For a team that went from the top seed in the 2010 Eastern Conference Playoffs to flat rock bottom this year, it's mind-boggling that this regime is given another chance, yet, be considered for an extension.If Chicago's young talent in Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and Lauri Markkanen don't show much promise this season, then things will get even worse in the organization.I think it's a little too early to be thinking about an extension for either Paxson or Forman.

More...

I guess we should have expected this from the terrible owner of the Bulls. The guy is an awful team owner who makes bad personnel decisions.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are you fucking kidding me?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Why? his last good move was drafting Jimmy Butler.

Since then he has made terrible draft choices, terrible trades, and has been at the center of all the conflicts.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
an extension for Gar is the best way to keep Paxson miserable.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Since Jimmy Butler, our 10 highest drafted players listed below, obviously this listing screams for resigning the mastermind and architect behind this treasure trove:

2016 1 14 Denzel Valentine
2016 2 48 Paul Zipser
2015 1 22 Bobby Portis
2014 1 16 Jusuf Nurkić
2014 1 19 Gary Harris
2014 2 49 Cameron Bairstow
2013 1 20 Tony Snell
2013 2 49 Erik Murphy
2012 1 29 Marquis Teague
2011 1 28 Norris Cole

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Since Jimmy Butler, our 10 highest drafted players listed below, obviously this listing screams for resigning the mastermind and architect behind this treasure trove:

2016 1 14 Denzel Valentine
2016 2 48 Paul Zipser
2015 1 22 Bobby Portis
2014 1 16 Jusuf Nurkić
2014 1 19 Gary Harris
2014 2 49 Cameron Bairstow
2013 1 20 Tony Snell
2013 2 49 Erik Murphy
2012 1 29 Marquis Teague
2011 1 28 Norris Cole
Where is mcdermott?

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Where is mcdermott?

They traded Nurkic and Harris for McDermott. Ironically, the best picks Gar made since Buckets were the ones he gave away.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Why? his last good move was drafting Jimmy Butler.

Since then he has made terrible draft choices, terrible trades, and has been at the center of all the conflicts.

Don't absolve Paxson of any responsibility for this shit show.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
In other news, my not caring at all about this franchise for the umpteenth year is working on an extension as well.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
We are looking at a rebuild, a 3-year rebuild most likely. The bigger problem is that we are a few years away form even beginning that rebuild and the 3-year clock, there will be no steps forward as long as Gar-Pax remain and i don't see them leaving any time soon.

This franchise is going to bottom-out over the next 3-5 years, get ready for a whole lot of stink, not that many or any of us will still care.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We are looking at a rebuild, a 3-year rebuild most likely. The bigger problem is that we are a few years away form even beginning that rebuild and the 3-year clock, there will be no steps forward as long as Gar-Pax remain and i don't see them leaving any time soon.

This franchise is going to bottom-out over the next 3-5 years, get ready for a whole lot of stink, not that many or any of us will still care.
GarPax at this point has to be noted as one of the worst FO's in the league. There's no real hope for this franchise until a new regime comes in. Sucks, but we're not the only franchise in that situation. Really...much of the East is in this predicament.