NLDS Starting Rotation

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Hendricks, Lester, Q, Arrieta

I neither love it or hate it. Kyle will have some success against their righty hitters but he has to keep guys off the base paths and limit the damage from Harper and Murphy. His playoff stats are stellar so I get why they're doing it.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
You have the RLRL option or LRLR, I would think you use it, but I guess Theo and Jed figured a travel day would have them forgetting.

Sure hope Lester is spending this week throwing the ball to first base or Washington is going to run him out of the game.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You have the RLRL option or LRLR, I would think you use it, but I guess Theo and Jed figured a travel day would have them forgetting.

Sure hope Lester is spending this week throwing the ball to first base or Washington is going to run him out of the game.
They have to get on base before they can run him out of the game.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

Lester has tried to throw the ball to first base since he was in 16 years old without much success but still he's managed to be one of the best pitchers of the last decade. The Cubs have adjusted to it as best they can so I sure hope he's not trying going into a playoff series. Lester needs to concentrating on pitching.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not the choices I'd have made, but they don't pay me either.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Lester has tried to throw the ball to first base since he was in 16 years old without much success but still he's managed to be one of the best pitchers of the last decade. The Cubs have adjusted to it as best they can so I sure hope he's not trying going into a playoff series. Lester needs to concentrating on pitching.

Washington will take advantage, they run alot. Maybe more of the reason Hendricks is starting to try to set the tone.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hendricks had a 2.19 ERA in the 2nd half. Lester was riding a 4.46. If anything Lester getting game 2 was based off his last 2 starts.

Hendricks deserved game 1 off of his performance and led the staff with 5 pick offs.

He is really not a guy that you want to gamble with as a base runner because he will burn you.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
That what i predicted..
Hendricks and Lester

Do i get a cookie..lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Doesn’t matter who starts game 1 or 2 because you can always go back to game 2 starter in game 5 on normal rest. Obviously you can’t really start Jake game 3 because if the series goes 5 and you win, he’d have to be ready for game 2 in LA most likely where he went

Pitch game 4
Fly
Game 5
Fly (potentially 5 hours)
Game 1
Have to pitch

While it’s “normal” rest, don’t want to push a hammy that quick.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Doesn’t matter who starts game 1 or 2 because you can always go back to game 2 starter in game 5 on normal rest. Obviously you can’t really start Jake game 3 because if the series goes 5 and you win, he’d have to be ready for game 2 in LA most likely where he went

Pitch game 4
Fly
Game 5
Game 1
Have to pitch

Don't really think they are worrying past this series. They are good because they take the game from a now perspective.

I fully expect Hendricks to pitch game 5 if it goes that far. If he wanted Lester to pitch it then he would have started with him.

honestly I'm at one at a time mode. Any team can knock the other out right now.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

Pitch game 4
Fly
Game 5
Game 1
Have to pitch

Let get by the Nats first...

One thing ill say about the cubs starters..
You really cant go wrong no matter what order they pitch..

They have 4 guys id feel confidence in matching up with any team no.1 and 2 to get the job done..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

[video=youtube;jyo39FFQM08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyo39FFQM08[/video]

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Anyone have an idea when the home game on 10/19 might commence? I'm flying into town on biz, and have tickets for the Hawks-Oilers that night, but would love to squeeze in a playoff matinee.

To all of you that follow this team and MLB far closer then i do, does anyone know whether this game is likely to be a day matinee vs evening?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
There is absolutely no way Pena was getting in a game.

Just saying he was an option if Lackee gives up 4 bombs in relief or Grimm cant get the ball to the plate, or someones arm falls off. Now who is used for injury?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Anyone have an idea when the home game on 10/19 might commence? I'm flying into town on biz, and have tickets for the Hawks-Oilers that night, but would love to squeeze in a playoff matinee.

To all of you that follow this team and MLB far closer then i do, does anyone know whether this game is likely to be a day matinee vs evening?

Won't be decided until the teams playing are

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Just saying he was an option if Lackee gives up 4 bombs in relief or Grimm cant get the ball to the plate, or someones arm falls off. Now who is used for injury?

These are the playoff eligible pitchers (minus Pena of course). My guess would be Zastryzny if there's an injury

PITCHERS: 19
Jake Arrieta
Eddie Butler
Wade Davis
* Brian Duensing
Carl Edwards Jr
Justin Grimm
Kyle Hendricks
John Lackey
* Jon Lester
Alec Mills
* Mike Montgomery