2017-18 NBA Around the league thread

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I’m not sure how long a rebuild really takes. It’s not like the NFL where your draft position is locked in. There’s been teams trying to build and rebuild forever. Look at the Knicks, Kings, Magic etc.

But you also consider teams rarely ever win a championship when drafting a player #1 overall. I forget the exact stat, but that basically never happens. There’s a lot of factors that go into rebuilding and rebuilding itself is subject to different definitions.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
If management knows what they are doing, they should have the team in the playoffs within 3 to 4 years. Teams like the Knicks and Kings are terribly managed thats why they continuously suck.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
If management knows what they are doing, they should have the team in the playoffs within 3 to 4 years. Teams like the Knicks and Kings are terribly managed thats why they continuously suck.

Playoffs in 3 to 4 years is very reasonable. But then people will get tired of getting bounced in the playoffs after a while and want to blow it up. It’s a funny cycle that goes on.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Playoffs in 3 to 4 years is very reasonable. But then people will get tired of getting bounced in the playoffs after a while and want to blow it up. It’s a funny cycle that goes on.
Ironically being a consistent playoff team, but not a contender, is probably the worst place to be in a sport.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
It’s been mostly most of the league actually.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It’s been mostly most of the league actually.

Considering the Warriors+LeBron cockblocking everyone in the East(including notably Indiana,Toronto,Atlanta,the Bulls, Celtics), yea pretty much.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Considering the Warriors+LeBron cockblocking everyone in the East(including notably Indiana,Toronto,Atlanta,the Bulls, Celtics), yea pretty much.

If we’re talking title winners since the 04-05 season it’s more than just LeBron and dubs cock blocking. How many different teams have won a title in that time? 5ish? Maybe 6?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Every time it's mentioned that Jordan Bell was drafted by us and sold to the Warriors for cash my balls hurt.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If we’re talking title winners since the 04-05 season it’s more than just LeBron and dubs cock blocking. How many different teams have won a title in that time? 5ish? Maybe 6?

Heat,Spurs, Warriors, Cavs, Mavs,Lakers,Celtics

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Forgot about the Mavs and Celtics somehow. But yeah, you need at least 1 top 10 player if not multiple.

Last team that didn't have one was probably the 04 Pistons.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
In today's league, you need at least two all-stars to be a championship team.

The last team that did it with one was that Mavs team that beat the Heat somehow.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
The last team that did it with one was that Mavs team that beat the Heat somehow.

-Dirk was on a god tier play wise
-Mavs role players could not miss from 3
-LeBron choked

That was one of the greatest playoff runs ever.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
NBA All defensive teams:

1st team: Rudy Gobert, Anthony Davis, Victor Oladipo, Jrue Holiday and Robert Covington

2nd team: Joel Embiid, Draymond Green, Al Horford, Dejounte Murray and Jimmy Butler

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yawn. I'll continue my boycott of the NBA Finals.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Yawn is exactly my thought about the same Finals four years in a row.

Warriors in 3.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Dubs is 6.

Warriors are on another level as a team so i don't expect them to ever be in trouble. Totally pointless season. Hopefully with Kyrie and Hayward back next season we atleast get to see Boston get crushed by GS.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Dubs is 6.

Warriors are on another level as a team so i don't expect them to ever be in trouble. Totally pointless season. Hopefully with Kyrie and Hayward back next season we atleast get to see Boston get crushed by GS.

If Kyrie and Hayward and the rest of Boston are healthy Boston could definitely beat them. GS gets in these lulls and the playoffs and would have lost of CP3 were healthy. Granted, Iggy was out too but GS were well on their way to a choke job before Paul went down.