2017-18 NBA Around the league thread

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Around the league. Kenyon Martin's opinions on fashion. Stuff like that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I predict Boston has no idea how bad they messed up their roster just yet. Tonight would be a good clue if Lebron doesn't play, because I think CLE wins with or without both Thomas and Lebron. Yep....CLE is now stronger even without their two best players. Thats how bad Boston screwed up.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Gordon Hayward breaks his leg 5 minutes into his Celtics career

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How long until Kyrie is injured? Horford?

Is that team even going to make the playoffs, they have no bench and a roster full of guys who tweak things left and right.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Every season something makes it easy mode for LeBron to get to the Finals.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hoping this paves the way for Jayson Tatum to get ROY

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Not even 10 minutes in. I liked Boston's roster too.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not even 10 minutes in. I liked Boston's roster too.

I know the NBA has changed, I just see Boston has a major weakness, and will get abused all year inside.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I know the NBA has changed, I just see Boston has a major weakness, and will get abused all year inside.

Yea, they don't have much of a post presence, but then again quite a few teams don't exactly have much there either(Cleveland, Houston, GS). Then again, even if you don't have a post presence, it doesn't negate the necessity for having someone that can cut off drives to the basket.

If Jaylen Brown steps his game up, you have a solid nucleus of Brown, Horford, Kyrie, and Tatum, plus the two Marcus'(Smart and Morris).

That team may very well still be the 2nd seed in the East.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Early word on Heyward is it was a clean break with no ligament or tissue damage. Best case scenario really.

Yea, clean break might be most of the season,but he could be back for the playoffs. Plus long-term, it won't be nearly as bad. Ankle ligament damage may neuter his career(probably end up being a spot up shooter).

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yea, clean break might be most of the season,but he could be back for the playoffs. Plus long-term, it won't be nearly as bad. Ankle ligament damage may neuter his career(probably end up being a spot up shooter).

Hopefully he listens to his doctors and not unqualified family members

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Jeremy Lin officially ruled out for the season with a torn patella ligament.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the Steph Curry mouthpiece tantrum.

Spitting on people is a felony, because of infectious fluid potential. Throwing your mouth piece in anger to me is even worse. I think the ref should sue him, for the risk and embarrassment at the work place.

Silver is the weakest worm to ever CEO an organization. What a joke. And Steph is my favorite player!!! I wonder if the ref realizes how much money he would get. Never work again bro. Petulant temper tantrum that crossed the line and endangered a colleague.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Former Bulls SG Ben Gordon Hospitalized for Psychiatric Evaluation :(

Ex-NBA star Ben Gordon was hospitalized for psychiatric evaluation over the weekend after Mount Vernon police responded to a confrontation between him and a woman at Gordon's downtown business.

Gordon, 34, was not charged in the incident, which lasted about two hours as police freed the 31-year-old woman from inside the Gramatan Avenue store before finding Gordon in the bathroom.

Four months ago, Gordon was arrested in Los Angeles after allegedly setting off fire alarms in his apartment complex. A spokesman for the Los Angeles City Attorney's office said Tuesday that Gordon failed to appear in court in late June and a bench warrant for his arrest was issued.

Just after noon on Saturday, police responded to a call for assistance at the store. The first two officers saw the distraught woman crying and shaking just inside the entrance, according to a police report.
She motioned that the door was locked and let them know Gordon was in the back of the business with a knife.

At least eight other officers soon arrived and Gramatan Avenue was shut down. A sergeant tried unsuccessfully to make contact with Gordon. A detective spotted Gordon through the glass with a box cutter in his possession, according to the report.

Emergency services officers then cut a portion of the glass door and got the woman out. Police then entered, found Gordon in the bathroom and handcuffed him.

He was then transported to St. Vincent's Hospital in Harrison. It could not be determined Tuesday whether he had been released or how long he remained there. Calls to relatives were not returned. Bob Cimmino, his high school coach who has remained close to Gordon, declined to comment.

Hope Ben gets the help he needs.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watching the Lakers/Philly game right now. One of the most pathetic displays of basketball ever. All disjointed No defense. No plays set up. Really unwatchable.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
23622128_1419813614812788_344824907088418407_n.jpg

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Crazy that the Celtics held the Warriors with all the main guys healthy to 88. They lost Bradley and Crowder last year, but Stevens has got them playing serious defense. Helluva coach.