2017-18 NBA Around the league thread

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Can the Celtics muster one more win? What their young 3 can do with Horford is beautiful.

Does anyone feel like Irving quit on the Celtics? The reason I ask is because what is happening is what he threatened Cleveland to do. Get knee surgery and miss playoffs if they don’t trade him.

If they would have had heyward and Irving I have to say cle might be sunk. As it is, Cleveland can look forward to a finals sweep.

I doubt he quit. I'm sure he wanted a shot at LeBron in the playoffs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was surprised the Hawks coach got fired.

I would look into hiring him. I think he is known for developing young players well and that is where we are.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I doubt Boston will win the series, but it’s also going to be why LeBron leaves Cleveland. Missing their 2 best players and these young guys are giving it to them like that. Boston is going to be fun to watch for years to come. And to think many people were giving Danny Ainge a lot of shit

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I think LeBron stays in Cleveland. Philly would be a bad fit, Houston won't be able to get the numbers to work, and probably nothing Lakers can swing is worth heading out west for unless he just wants to be in LA.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Tatum is so damn good.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Suns are willing to deal the #1.

I would be on board with packaging our 2 1st-round picks along with Portis and Dunn in exchange for Ayton. GarPax, not so much.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I would be on board with packaging our 2 1st-round picks along with Portis and Dunn in exchange for Ayton. GarPax, not so much.

The #7, #22, Portis, and Dunn for Ayton? Passsssssss. If I’m giving up that much the player better have that alpha dog killer mentality that Ayton doesn’t appear to have.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Dunn was a #5 overall pick(and being mocked as high as #2 for a long while), and a reminder how any number of these high ceiling guys that are "NBA Ready" could win up not working out, or become a long term project.

ie: Trade Dunn who starts to make those strides(as he has shown), but then Ayton winds up being garbage in a Bulls jersey.

NgUNRdO.png

RacerX

Liked Posts:
The #7, #22, Portis, and Dunn for Ayton? Passsssssss. If I’m giving up that much the player better have that alpha dog killer mentality that Ayton doesn’t appear to have.

Dunn is trade fodder, he’s not a starter on any playoff competing team. He is one of the weakest starting guards in the NBA. Portis is a nice rotational piece, nothing more.

This team has no hope with the current roster, got to swing for the fences and get the dominant large man, Ayton will be their best player day 1.

Got nothing to lose, worst case we go full-tank next year rather than being a marginal tank team.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Dunn was a #5 overall pick(and being mocked as high as #2 for a long while), and a reminder how any number of these high ceiling guys that are "NBA Ready" could win up not working out, or become a long term project.

ie: Trade Dunn who starts to make those strides(as he has shown), but then Ayton winds up being garbage in a Bulls jersey.

NgUNRdO.png

With the current roster we have zero hope, what do we have to lose?

And Dunn as a draft bust has nothing to do with taking a chance on Ayton.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Sorry to bring LeBron hate in here, but why the fuck are there three days off between these playoff games? No hockey, concerts? Really, should be an every other night affair like the western conference is having, if not back to fucking backs.

Boston could lose a ton of momentum here.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Dunn is trade fodder, he’s not a starter on any playoff competing team. He is one of the weakest starting guards in the NBA. Portis is a nice rotational piece, nothing more.

This team has no hope with the current roster, got to swing for the fences and get the dominant large man, Ayton will be their best player day 1.

Got nothing to lose, worst case we go full-tank next year rather than being a marginal tank team.

Dunn is solid and could get a bit better. But more importantly, that’s the type of haul an established all star commands. Like a jimmy butler. Hell, Paul George didn’t even get a return like that. I like Ayton and I believe he’s going to be a great player. But does he have that alpha in him? Is he going to be a go to scorer like a legit franchise player should? Don’t see it. No way I’m giving all that up. Tbh, I think there’s a good chance a couple of these guys will end up better than Ayton when it’s all said and done.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Dunn is solid and could get a bit better. But more importantly, that’s the type of haul an established all star commands. Like a jimmy butler. Hell, Paul George didn’t even get a return like that. I like Ayton and I believe he’s going to be a great player. But does he have that alpha in him? Is he going to be a go to scorer like a legit franchise player should? Don’t see it. No way I’m giving all that up. Tbh, I think there’s a good chance a couple of these guys will end up better than Ayton when it’s all said and done.

Again, there is no downside, we need to take a gamble. Portis and Dunn are not starters on a playoff team, and I will gladly bet on Ayton over Bridges and whatever scrub GarPax choose with our second pick.

Ayton and LM are 2 pieces the team can rebuild around, we need that foundation.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Again, there is no downside, we need to take a gamble. Portis and Dunn are not starters on a playoff team, and I will gladly bet on Ayton over Bridges and whatever scrub GarPax choose with our second pick.

Ayton and LM are 2 pieces the team can rebuild around, we need that foundation.

Portis and Dunn could both start on a championship team. They wouldn’t be the best or even 2nd or 3rd best in the lineup but they could definitely start and contribute.

Betting on Ayton is solid. I get it. I’m just not sure he’s in that Anthony Davis type tier. It’s hard to build around big men today. I want my franchise player to have that killer mentality and to be able to take over games. Ayton will be very good but he’s not that type of player, IMO. Hell, Bamba could easily end up the better player when it’s all said and done. I’d rather keep the proposed assets and draft one of MPJ, Bridges, Bamba, or perhaps even Sexton.

There’s really no right or wrong answer here until we see how things play out 5 years from now. But it’s fun to talk about.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I hate to say this new cliche about anything involving Gar/Pax.. but at this stage of the franchise: Trust the process. It's all should'a/would'a/could'as, so at this point you need to work with what you have and do everything in your power to make sure they are taking the steps to improving their game.

We have a LOT to lose by taking all developmental players and dumping them off for yet another developmental player. In fact, if Ayton busts or simply does not mesh or fit into this teams culture, then the Bulls set themselves back 3 more seasons.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I hate to say this new cliche about anything involving Gar/Pax.. but at this stage of the franchise: Trust the process. It's all should'a/would'a/could'as, so at this point you need to work with what you have and do everything in your power to make sure they are taking the steps to improving their game.

We have a LOT to lose by taking all developmental players and dumping them off for yet another developmental player. In fact, if Ayton busts or simply does not mesh or fit into this teams culture, then the Bulls set themselves back 3 more seasons.

A rebuild requires 3 years in the NBA. We are 3 years away. IF Ayton busts which is unlikely then we are still 3 years away, at least he has an unknown ceiling, as opposed to Dunn/Portis who are already at or near their ceilings.