IGT: Chicago vs Washington Game 3

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Chicago-Cubs-vs-Washington-Nationals-NLDS-Lapel-Pin__36411.1506548688.1280.1280.jpg

Series tied 1-1

10/9 3:00 PM CDT

Scherzer (16-6, 2.51 ERA) vs Quintana (11-11, 4.15 ERA)

10/9 3:00 PM CDT

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
almost expected them to hold scherzer til tomorrow and have the battle of the hamstrings in a clinch game.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Just one question from Game 2, why the hell Maddon put Edwards as a relief two days in a row, extremely stupid move that cost Cubs the game, and might even cost them the series.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Just one question from Game 2, why the hell Maddon put Edwards as a relief two days in a row, extremely stupid move that cost Cubs the game, and might even cost them the series.
I didn't have a problem with starting with Edwards, he been lights out since early September...
It was a curve that hung to a very good hitter

I just kinda question why not go to Monty to get Harper in that situation with him being tying run..

Isn't that why you have 3 lefties in pen, for those late games match ups

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
that really felt like a game that was just going to end 3-1. This is why I'm usually pessimistic lol

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
The lineup today will be interesting. Scherzer strikes out 45% of righties so you go as lefty as you can. You also want to challenge his rhythm and test the hammy. So the question is this does LaStella start and if so where and does he leadoff? This might be a bit crazy but I might go with something like this lineup

TLS 3B
Rizzo 1B
Bryant RF
Avila C
Schwarber LF
Russell SS
Heyward CF
Baez 2B
Q P

4 of the first 5 batters are lefties and you might get a chance at testing that hammy early. Get a couple of guys on base and see if he presses.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The lineup today will be interesting. Scherzer strikes out 45% of righties so you go as lefty as you can. You also want to challenge his rhythm and test the hammy. So the question is this does LaStella start and if so where and does he leadoff? This might be a bit crazy but I might go with something like this lineup

TLS 3B
Rizzo 1B
Bryant RF
Avila C
Schwarber LF
Russell SS
Heyward CF
Baez 2B
Q P

4 of the first 5 batters are lefties and you might get a chance at testing that hammy early. Get a couple of guys on base and see if he presses.
Wouldnt surprise me if Zobrist is playing 2B...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Wouldnt surprise me if Zobrist is playing 2B...

You were right and that's upsetting. Zo has no business in this game. Plus why isn't Avila starting this game? I don't irritated at lineups much but this one confuses me.

DLtJsv9WAAAuUMq.jpg

chibears55

Liked Posts:
You were right and that's upsetting. Zo has no business in this game. Plus why isn't Avila starting this game? I don't irritated at lineups much but this one confuses me.

DLtJsv9WAAAuUMq.jpg
Zobrist has 3 homers off him in 18 AB with 270 avg..

I did think LaStella would start at 3B with Bryant in OF..
TLS has a .500 avg. in limited AB

Had to go with Contreras defense

Im just hoping Quintana does what they got him for and offense can squeeze out a couple runs

PickSix

Liked Posts:
8 Shutout from Q is all I'm asking. Too much?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zobrist starting is terrible. His defense is below average now and his bat speed is non existent. You won with defense last year. Stick with the studs. You put a singles hitting team against a guy who gives up dingers but not many hits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

DLtJsv9WAAAuUMq.jpg

Look at the last game, went all righty and had all lefties on the bench and Joe left himself no options late against dooliittle. Dont get past the only guy to hit Gonzalez good was the lefty Rizzo.

I hate when Joe give a pitcher one side of the plate to work, lets see what happens if the hammy is hurt and Sherzer has a short outing.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Turner has weird platoon splits so you need to go

Turner - lefty
Harper - lefty
Rendon - righty
Murphy - Wilson
Zimmerman - righty

That means you probably burn Strop against Rendon by you didn’t take Rondon to have seven outfielders.

This is the playoffs so im not going plug and play with Edwards against Harper or Murphy.

I thought Joe fucked up last game. I’d go Edwards in the seventh, bring him out in the eighth to force Lind, then go lefty (Monty or Duensing) for three straight guys and then you still have Strop for Rendon. I trust Edwards against the bottom of their lineup but you almost have to burn your bullpen to get through their 2-5 in a close game. This is why it’s so important Q goes at least in to the seventh because with no bullpen, can’t afford to be bare.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Turner has weird platoon splits so you need to go

Turner - lefty
Harper - lefty
Rendon - righty
Murphy - Wilson
Zimmerman - righty

That means you probably burn Strop against Rendon by you didn’t take Rondon to have seven outfielders.

This is the playoffs so im not going plug and play with Edwards against Harper or Murphy.

I thought Joe fucked up last game. I’d go Edwards in the seventh, bring him out in the eighth to force Lind, then go lefty (Monty or Duensing) for three straight guys and then you still have Strop for Rendon. I trust Edwards against the bottom of their lineup but you almost have to burn your bullpen to get through their 2-5 in a close game. This is why it’s so important Q goes at least in to the seventh because with no bullpen, can’t afford to be bare.

yeah, if you dont trust Justin Wilson against a tough lefty he should not have been on the roster.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
What the fuck!

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Why is Zo in this game?

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
That was an effing routine grounder.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
It's ok. They got out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Scherzer's stuff is nasty. So much (so far) for the hamstring issue.