IGT: Chicago @ Washington NLDS 2017 Game 4

greg23

Liked Posts:
Would love to see the post all star break stats. Please share.

3.8 era
31 inn
19 walks
3 hbp

22 unforced baserumners in 31 inn is not good for his shutdown reliever

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wade Davis gives up the grand slam with the wind blowing in. Nothing is said. Edwards clearly didnt have his release point. Edwards is the goat of the game. Seems like the Cubs would have lost 1-0 just fine. lol Lets go to game 5.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL....gotta love playoff time when the noobie numbnuts come crawling out from under the rocks they've been living under to inform everyone about how the Cubs should play baseball. :lmao:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Just don't understand how maddon keeps trusting this guy.

He's been bad since the all star break esp in regards to walks.

The BP sucks. Who else should Maddon go to? Why Wilson is on the roster over Rondon is beyond me. I also don't understand why Maddon stops trusting Strop in the playoffs. Davis can't pitch every inning, and Lester isn't going to come out of the pen often. In the end, even if the Cubs win tomorrow, they aren't going to get past the Dodgers with this BP.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
The game came down to a couple of feet for me. I think it was russell early in the game who missed a 2 run HR by about 5 feet. And obviously Taylor's HR just BARELY caught the basket. Sometimes you run into great pitching. Fact that the cubs some how are 2-1 vs 3 starts from Stras/Scherzer is pretty remarkable given how both pitched. I can't really be mad about anything that's gone down. It's been a great series. Wish the BP would have got it done in game 2 but that shit happens to BP's.

Win or lose today, as long as the cubs play well I'm fairly satisfied.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Concerned about tonights game, but confident. Bats need to awaken. I think we can hit Gio or Roark, but Hendricks needs to be great and I don't know who we go to if/when he comes out.

Lackey?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Concerned about tonights game, but confident. Bats need to awaken. I think we can hit Gio or Roark, but Hendricks needs to be great and I don't know who we go to if/when he comes out.

Lackey?
All hands on deck. Quintana may have to come in as a reliever, too.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
LOL....gotta love playoff time when the noobie numbnuts come crawling out from under the rocks they've been living under to inform everyone about how the Cubs should play baseball. :lmao:

You guys that have the need to post shit like this to help yourselves feel superior to others on an internet board are the truly sad peeps.
All you Internet Einstein's who do this, just stfu. Maybe you guys that we should all pay homage to (you seemed to have figured out who each other are) should get together in you own little secret place so as not to be bothered by noobs.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
The game came down to a couple of feet for me. I think it was russell early in the game who missed a 2 run HR by about 5 feet. And obviously Taylor's HR just BARELY caught the basket. Sometimes you run into great pitching. Fact that the cubs some how are 2-1 vs 3 starts from Stras/Scherzer is pretty remarkable given how both pitched. I can't really be mad about anything that's gone down. It's been a great series. Wish the BP would have got it done in game 2 but that shit happens to BP's.

Win or lose today, as long as the cubs play well I'm fairly satisfied.

Rational, measured and a really good take. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE? LOL.

Seriously though, Scherzer and Strasburg are two of the best in the game and our pitching has gone toe to toe. Catch a break tonight and make the best of the opportunity and we've got this. I agree with you though, win or lose play well and I'm good. Exciting time to be a fan of this team.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You guys that have the need to post shit like this to help yourselves feel superior to others on an internet board are the truly sad peeps.
All you Internet Einstein's who do this, just stfu. Maybe you guys that we should all pay homage to (you seemed to have figured out who each other are) should get together in you own little secret place so as not to be bothered by noobs.
Where were you in the regular season?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Its sad that its stuck on reasons again, not excuses, reasons.

TBS wont allow a 1:00 start with Strasburg unavailable.
Yes Rourke might have also no hit the cubs, but all the social media crap got him fired up to go again.
Definite balk on Strasburg with no pause, would have gotten Zobrist to third and score on the sac fly instead of moving to third.
Next check swing in Zimmerman, called no swing, next pitch run scores.

Little things but big swings in the game.

Now Dusty is waiting to say Gonzolez or Rourke, if its Gonzolez no Schwarber, no Heyward after Rizzo went deep being the only lefty he had to face.

It will be a very interesting game 5.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Its sad that its stuck on reasons again, not excuses, reasons.

TBS wont allow a 1:00 start with Strasburg unavailable.
Yes Rourke might have also no hit the cubs, but all the social media crap got him fired up to go again.
Definite balk on Strasburg with no pause, would have gotten Zobrist to third and score on the sac fly instead of moving to third.
Next check swing in Zimmerman, called no swing, next pitch run scores.

Little things but big swings in the game.

Now Dusty is waiting to say Gonzolez or Rourke, if its Gonzolez no Schwarber, no Heyward after Rizzo went deep being the only lefty he had to face.

It will be a very interesting game 5.

Yeah but they are facing the greatest post season pitcher ever.... Kyle Hendricks. Pretty sure he beats them 2 on 9. Would be 1 on 9 but you know someone has to catch his pitches. Conservatively estimating he goes 4-4 hits for the cycle and pitches 9 shutout innings.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
When I wasn't at games, I posted here many times. I do prefer to read more than post however. There are actually some pretty insightful folks here.

I know you posted, and how many times doesn't matter you were here. Some of the other folks were not and come on with the kind of doom and gloom that makes chibears55 look like Pollyanna (sorry buddy). It is frustrating and I don't think it's a clique trying to ostracise anyone it's just passionate fans that would prefer people not come in and shit in our sandbox. Everyone's welcome, everyone's opinion is welcome but sometimes the nastiness is a bit much. That's all.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I know you posted, and how many times doesn't matter you were here. Some of the other folks were not and come on with the kind of doom and gloom that makes chibears55 look like Pollyanna (sorry buddy). It is frustrating and I don't think it's a clique trying to ostracise anyone it's just passionate fans that would prefer people not come in and shit in our sandbox. Everyone's welcome, everyone's opinion is welcome but sometimes the nastiness is a bit much. That's all.

Fair enough. Guess that I don't mind reading the critical viewpoints, albeit sometimes off base, as much as others.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Critical is fine, off the charts negative makes me stay away from the site. In fairness this is hardly the only site that gets that way.

I'd actually say for the Baseball Forums it's pretty tame compared to the rest of CCS and other sites.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Joe said Quintana will pitch if necessary. Pretty sure we'll see him in a close game.
Quintana pitches tonight and cubs win..

Game 1 NLCS will be Kershaw vs the great John Lackey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Hey....
Ive been very positive for the most part the whole 2nd half

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk