IGT: Chicago @ Washington NLDS 2017 Game 4

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Quintana pitches tonight and cubs win..

Game 1 NLCS will be Kershaw vs the great John Lackey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm not sure this is true. Lester's side day was yesterday so I'm not sure that him throwing in the mid 70s for pitches (including warmup in the pen and in the game) would preclude him from going on Saturday. Also, if Q comes in that likely means Kyle didn't go deep so you'd probably have him available for game 2 in that case.

I'm also not sure Joe wouldn't go with Lester for at least 3-4 innings then go to Lackey.

Also, that's rich man problems for a manager in Joe's situation.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure this is true. Lester's side day was yesterday so I'm not sure that him throwing in the mid 70s for pitches (including warmup in the pen and in the game) would preclude him from going on Saturday. Also, if Q comes in that likely means Kyle didn't go deep so you'd probably have him available for game 2 in that case.

I'm also not sure Joe wouldn't go with Lester for at least 3-4 innings then go to Lackey.

Also, that's rich man problems for a manager in Joe's situation.

No, 70 game pitches is a full rotational rest to start a series. Unless Hendricks gets bimbed in the first inning or two, he'd be out as well.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey....
Ive been very positive for the most part the whole 2nd half

Yeah, you morphed into Emoji Man. LOL, I kid. I will say that you tried, you deserve credit for that.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We really need to remember that they just won it all last year....I'm not saying that they can't do it again but it would be highly unlikely. Just too damn hard to repeat in pro sports these days. Theo and Jed have done what they said they wanted to do...put a team on the field that will contend on a yearly basis. The formula of drafting well, building a farm system and infusing free agents in a timely manner works not only here with the Cubs who were preceded by the Hawks in the NHL. The White Sox and Bulls both going that route as well. All you can do is win the regular season and see how things play out in post season. Having seen so, so many one and done teams in this city....I'm enjoying being involved on a yearly basis with playoff baseball. Win or lose.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quintana pitches tonight and cubs win..

Game 1 NLCS will be Kershaw vs the great John Lackey

giphy.gif

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The BP sucks. Who else should Maddon go to? Why Wilson is on the roster over Rondon is beyond me. I also don't understand why Maddon stops trusting Strop in the playoffs. Davis can't pitch every inning, and Lester isn't going to come out of the pen often. In the end, even if the Cubs win tomorrow, they aren't going to get past the Dodgers with this BP.

The game came down to a couple of feet for me. I think it was russell early in the game who missed a 2 run HR by about 5 feet. And obviously Taylor's HR just BARELY caught the basket. Sometimes you run into great pitching. Fact that the cubs some how are 2-1 vs 3 starts from Stras/Scherzer is pretty remarkable given how both pitched. I can't really be mad about anything that's gone down. It's been a great series. Wish the BP would have got it done in game 2 but that shit happens to BP's.

Win or lose today, as long as the cubs play well I'm fairly satisfied.

Rational, measured and a really good take. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE? LOL.

Seriously though, Scherzer and Strasburg are two of the best in the game and our pitching has gone toe to toe. Catch a break tonight and make the best of the opportunity and we've got this. I agree with you though, win or lose play well and I'm good. Exciting time to be a fan of this team.

We really need to remember that they just won it all last year....I'm not saying that they can't do it again but it would be highly unlikely. Just too damn hard to repeat in pro sports these days. Theo and Jed have done what they said they wanted to do...put a team on the field that will contend on a yearly basis. The formula of drafting well, building a farm system and infusing free agents in a timely manner works not only here with the Cubs who were preceded by the Hawks in the NHL. The White Sox and Bulls both going that route as well. All you can do is win the regular season and see how things play out in post season. Having seen so, so many one and done teams in this city....I'm enjoying being involved on a yearly basis with playoff baseball. Win or lose.

It’s sad that you guys have already given up in your minds.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
It’s sad that you guys have already given up in your minds.

Who's made up their mind? This from where you quoted me: "Catch a break tonight and make the best of the opportunity and we've got this"

My larger point was that the playoffs are a crapshoot and baseball is going to baseball. My prediction tonight though? Cubs 5-3

DanTown

Liked Posts:
No, 70 game pitches is a full rotational rest to start a series. Unless Hendricks gets bimbed in the first inning or two, he'd be out as well.

So you’re saying the Cubs don’t have a game two starter next series?

It was 55 game pitches with 25-35 throws. My guess is he’d go game 2.

Like I said, it would be really hard to imagine Hendricks AND Q get used up today.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
54 homers on the bench because our bats are hitting so well

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Mistake not having Schwarber in these games!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Missing his golden glove and massive numbers of Ks
Team has been hitting this series. And Schwarber has good post season numbers.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Why take Quintana out? To early for Davis I think.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So you’re saying the Cubs don’t have a game two starter next series?

It was 55 game pitches with 25-35 throws. My guess is he’d go game 2.

Like I said, it would be really hard to imagine Hendricks AND Q get used up today.

Game 2 could be Jake with three days rest.