Scherzer on 2 days rest

greg23

Liked Posts:
Never seen that before...no excuses if we can't hit a guy coming off 100 pitches 48 hours earlier

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Bring it.
Best possible decision Dusty could make for us.

We beat Kluber and Kershaw on short rest last year.

Been a few years since Dusty ruined a pitcher's career, but he clearly hasn't lost it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No. It is reportedly Gio Gonzalez or Tanner Roark.

Expect Scherzer out of the pen, especially if Cubs get to starter early.

But Scherzer won't start.

greg23

Liked Posts:
More fake news

Almost fell off my chair when the dipshits on fs1 announced tomorrow's game Hendricks vs scherzer.......then vascursian and smoltz talked about it for the next 90 seconds.....ohhh, short rest but don't doubt scherzer.

Thought it was crazy as nobody starts on 2 days rest.

I don't doubt he's probably first one out of the pen for wash....hopefully in the 2nd!

Read dusty is debating on roark or gio and will wait until and hour or two before the game because it worked today with straus.......im telling you, make this guy have to make in-game pitching decisions because he's usually an idiot or shit goes wrong for him almost all the time

Goose22

Liked Posts:
Doubt very seriously Sherzer starts, but you can expect him out of the pen early if the Cubs score a run or two in a hurry (I am stating the obvious...). I think what is more interesting is Dusty pulling the same BS with keeping the world guessing on who starts tomorrow...Gio or Roark. Either way, the Cubbies need to jump on whoever is on the bump early and often and force Dusty's hand to make a move within the first 3 innings. Bottom line, the bats need to show up tomorrow from the get go! GO CUBS GO!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
bob gibson, sandy koufax and mickey lolich did it

wilber wood started both games of a double header

There also used to be polio. Quit living in the past, Gramps.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
My assumption is he goes Gio to load the Cubs lineup with righties then flip to Scherzer.