Bleacher Report: Bears Should Trade For Amari Cooper

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2736663-nfl-1000-teams-who-most-need-to-make-a-trade

Bears: Trade for Raiders WR Amari Cooper

It's taken a long time, but the Chicago Bears may have their first homegrown franchise quarterback since Jim McMahon in the person of 2017 No. 2 overall pick Mitchell Trubisky. The rookie got his first shot as a regular-season starter against the Minnesota Vikings on Monday Night Football, and he didn't shrink from the spotlight, completing 12 passes in 25 attempts for 128 yards and a touchdown with a late interception that turned the game in the Vikings' favor. Trubisky still has a lot to learn about NFL defenses, but he's already shown the arm to make any throw and the mobility that will allow offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains to add to the playbook.

One thing Trubisky doesn't have, however, is a receiver corps that's up to NFL standards. Rookie speedster Tarik Cohen leads the team with 25 catches, and veteran Kendall Wright tops the stat sheet with 200 receiving yards, but the offense is without an alpha receiver who can take on coverages from top cornerbacks.

Meanwhile, in Oakland, 2015 No. 4 overall pick Amari Cooper is struggling. Cooper posted 1,000-yard seasons in his first and second years, but the communication between him and quarterbacks Derek Carr and EJ Manuel has fallen apart. Cooper leads the NFL with seven drops, which is especially distressing because he's done that on just 29 targets. On Sunday against Baltimore, Cooper was targeted just once by Manuel.

Perhaps a change of scenery is what Cooper needs; for whatever reason, he's on the outs with the Raiders, and Trubisky could benefit from his presence even if the occasional pass gets dropped. If the Bears want to reap the most out of Trubisky's potential, they've got to start putting a better receiver corps together, and a trade for Cooper might be best for all parties.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
https://raiderforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11636&sid=fe6502b42cc79d8c0e35943bc1b24185

Raiders forum on trading Amarai Cooper

"What would Amari Cooper go for in a trade? 3rd rounder? 4th?"

"People over value their players. Cooper is a bust. He runs nice routes but has crap hands and no confidence. Take a look at his Instagram. He may be Special person. He’s socially ackward and just not cut out to be a star WR.

At best we might get a 5th round pick."

"I will repeat myself, he is on pace for 300 ****ing yrds on the season! How Downing managed to pull that, is beyond me..."

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they're looking to replace Wheaton I would be perfectly willing to have zero impact on any game for the minimum contract($465,000).

Put me in, coach!

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Trade Cooper for Cooper?! They need another corner

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WTF happened to the Raiders? They went from top offense to worst offense in one offseason.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
WTF happened to the Raiders? They went from top offense to worst offense in one offseason.

Bad coaching they seem to want Jim Bob Cooter. If I was Jim Bob I'd choose the Raiders over the Bears.

I said this yesterday. He will cost a lot tho.

One of the few young WR that can stay healthy, give him a 2nd round pick at this point if he agrees to a long term deal.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Their fans are calling Cooper a bust?

:cringe:

Wonder what they would call Kevin White?
Hurt?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

DWBear

Liked Posts:
No thanks. He's dropping nearly everything thrown his way.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
TIL Amari Cooper is viewed as a bust. I'm no expert on Raiders football, but does his shitty start to this season negate all of the good he's done in the previous two years? I know he's not Julio Jones but I always thought he was a nice piece to have on your team.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
He wasn’t that great second half of last season either. Crabtree is their best WR

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
This has to be a fuukkin joke..

2 games are with the turd wrestler EJ Manuel

He still has 118 yards and a TD - any WR we have even close?