Nashville (2-2-0, 4pts) @ Chicago (3-1-1, 7pts) GDT

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Let's see what happens when we start it a day early.... JUST WIN. Oh... and don't penalize yourself on an offsides.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone hear if Schmaltz is in?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
If he's not Q needs to wake up and blender Kane. Having two body non skilled with the puck guys doesn't work. Give him not Hartman and Aa

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Huge win even if they gave up a point. Saad is looking like a pretty good return for bread man, who isn't doing bad with 1 goal 3 assists but it's definitely hurting him not to have Kane. But it would hurt anyone not to have Kane.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Even if we just got Saad back for Panarin it would have been a good move, but Forsberg is a pretty good throw in and we were in some trouble with a backup goalie.

That slow motion of the kane pass to saad, thru the legs and over the stick of the defender right to saads blade was amazing

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Had to miss this one, but in good news, The Joker is looking damned good for Portland and was instrumental in killing a 5-3.

This 38 shots a night has got to stop.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if we just got Saad back for Panarin it would have been a good move, but Forsberg is a pretty good throw in and we were in some trouble with a backup goalie.

That slow motion of the kane pass to saad, thru the legs and over the stick of the defender right to saads blade was amazing

but we threw in Motte too....and have a comparable goalie in Rockford, so IDK.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had to miss this one, but in good news, The Joker is looking damned good for Portland and was instrumental in killing a 5-3.

Who is the Joker?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Who is the Joker? Good name for Jakuru or Jurco really.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think he will ever see the Hawks?

I could see him going for a 2C like Duchene this year with the upward movement of Rutta/Kempny/Forsling all going so well. Still, he is on a cycle 2-3 years from now they won't want to lose and we have other Finnish defenseman, Knott, Bondra, etc we could move.

If I could train Smaltz for 18 months and put 25 lbs of muscle on him, he would be my 2C.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
but we threw in Motte too....and have a comparable goalie in Rockford, so IDK.
Motte would be in Rockford, he's in Cleveland in the ahl right now and Beurbe is similar how? He looked awful in preseason and is older to the point where it doesn't look like he has an NHL future.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So should we just roll with this GDT through wednesday... or is someone going to want to start one, it's open for anyone first come first serve.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Motte would be in Rockford, he's in Cleveland in the ahl right now and Beurbe is similar how? He looked awful in preseason and is older to the point where it doesn't look like he has an NHL future.

I feel the same lukewarm feelings about Forsberg. Time will tell.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I could see him going for a 2C like Duchene this year with the upward movement of Rutta/Kempny/Forsling all going so well. Still, he is on a cycle 2-3 years from now they won't want to lose and we have other Finnish defenseman, Knott, Bondra, etc we could move.

If I could train Smaltz for 18 months and put 25 lbs of muscle on him, he would be my 2C.

I think if he continues his progression, he should. His contract right now doesn't count for the 50-max, and is most likely a slide candidate for next year, meaning it's likely not until 2020 that his 3-year ELC kicks in.

2019 and 2020 can see a lot of changes in personnel, and right around then is when "the next guys" should be ready to start. Some guys might earn deals we can't afford, and other might suck enough to send out. *if* Joker continues progressing well, he might be just what the 'hawks need: a cost controlled d-man who we have signed for 2020-2023. By then the issue will be balancing out our high-paid aging core with guys who are good, b ut not eligible to make the big bucks, yet. Ruuta and Kempny are both UFA's at the end of this year. Forsling is an RFA after next year. All three might price themselves out especially with Schmaltz and Panik coming up in that timeframe as well (or we might just be able to keep one).

It's possible the 'hawks part with him, but I think if he doesn't tank it, I think it means that the 'hawks really need to dispose of a bad deal that current NHL-tested players can't get done.

It would have been like trading El Gato. If he wasn't ready they could have slid his deal a year. Why get rid of that especially when they're that young?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me Rutta, Panik, Forsling are must signs. see ya kempny. Smatlz is wanted but a maybe.

I wish we could get Seabrook off the books. Dumbest contract of Bowman reign.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For me Rutta, Panik, Forsling are must signs. see ya kempny. Smatlz is wanted but a maybe.

I wish we could get Seabrook off the books. Dumbest contract of Bowman reign.

The way I figure it is this:

Keith is on a recapture penalty. Like Hossa, he's not going anywhere because he can screw the team and leave Bowman bleeding from the anus.

The "opt-out" for the next CBA is coming up in Sept 2019. I get the feeling one of the things that will happen, especially if they want to avoid a work stoppage, is a couple more compliance buyouts--if that's the case goodbye to Seabs. If not Seabs' ironclad NMC becomes a M-NTC in the last 2 years of his deal: 5-team trade-to and 10-team trade-to lists, respectively. But I do agree that deal hurts.

So, that being said the issue moving forward past 2020 is going to be the main core. TKKS will still be on their megadeals, with only the likelihood of Toews and Kane being anywhere close to their actual worth at the time. By 2020 Crawford will be in his final year--and lets be honest right now Dr. Craw is the least of the team's worries so far.

That means that there's going to need to be some cap navigation - and we might lose good players because of it simply because they came due at the wrong time. Think Darling. Even though Darling is floundering so far this year with an .893 behind a tighter D (and I am pulling for him, don't get me wrong), Had he been in Forsberg's shoes in terms of his deal and timing, we probably wouldn't have lost him. The same goes with out current playing in the NHL-level prospects. All of the aforementioned players you want to keep might just be lost due to timing. If Panik, Rutta, & Forsling all command more than the 'hawks can afford because of the deals of TKKS, they will have to go and the 'hawks will have to try for the next generation.

Thankfully Forsling is an RFA in 2 years and to my knowledge, not arbitration eligible--so should be cost controlled. If we can tuck Rutta in for a Panik-like deal that would be good. I disagree about Schmaltz, though. He could be to Kane what Saad is to Toews--if the numbers this year so far are any indication. Even though Kane shouldn't need to be sparkplugged, if you have to sparkplug him to make him a 10.5M player, you do it.

That's why I stand where I do with Jokiharju. If he slides next season (no need to rush him), he'll come due on his first RFA in 2023. This is the year before Keith, Toews, and Kane expire. If the kid pans out and shows top-4 promise he could be coming due on a cost-controlled RFA Right when TKK are all about to expire. If he doesn't or is questionable in development of course move him. But if he is the next big thing the timing of him coming up when Keith/Seabs are going out couldn't be better.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Kane doesn't need a spark but the decision by Q to not blender has been harmful to him.i get he wants to keep Debrincat in a stable spot so he kept him and Sharp together but Kane needs someone to play with the puck not just Hartman, AA, Kerp, Hayden, wingles. All the combos have been poor because no one else is a real skilled puck player.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Are you a trainer, Rask? If so, do you specialize in certain areas?