Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    The Mountain That Rides Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    12,729
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default OT: Josh McDaniels Fired

    Josh McDaniels fired. Confirmed by Adam Schefter and multiple other sources.




  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    722

    Default

    I'm surprised it took this long.

  4. #3
    The Price Is Wrong, Bitch Capt. Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    19,136
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Fire Lovie & hire McDaniels. Fire & passion baby!

  5. #4
    The Mountain That Rides Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    12,729
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I think we should all take this time to thank Josh McDaniels for Jay Cutler.

    THANKS JOSH



  6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rush For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    FIRE ROBIN whitesox901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon, OH
    Posts
    6,260
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Thanks Josh!
    Twatter: @nickofypres
    Instagram: nickdevera
    Youtube: whitesox901

  8. #6
    He's back. zack54attack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Posts
    9,165
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I'm a Chicagoan till Chicago ends,
    Till we blow like Chicago wind


    Hidden Content

  9. #7
    Senior Member marky mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lakeview
    Posts
    685
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    as if Cutler wasn't a bad enough move, Marshall, and the new found Hillis........he has some great tools, if another coach had been, there broncos could have been a few keys from Superbowl bound. Assuming that instead of tebow they drafted someone more useful.

  10. #8
    Senior Member Scoot26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Glendale Heights, IL
    Posts
    11,702
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    lolz

  11. #9
    Member ChiTownBullsFanBrad113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Lenox, Illinois (Orignally From Blue Island.)
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Wasnt to suprised to hear this even though the owner said McDaniels would be back next season... Im pretty sure i read that... JM gave away so much talent... Thanks for Cutler!

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    722

    Default

    I don't think Orton threw half the interceptions that Cutler did last season did he? Jay just about set an NFL record. He almost made Grossman look like a Hall of Famer. Almost.

  13. #11
    Senior Member Scoot26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Glendale Heights, IL
    Posts
    11,702
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    I don't think Orton threw half the interceptions that Cutler did last season did he? Jay just about set an NFL record. He almost made Grossman look like a Hall of Famer. Almost.
    The NFL record is 42 interception by former Chicago Bears Quarterback George Blanda in 1962 when he was with the Oilers.

    Sid Luckman threw 31 interceptions in 1947 for the Chicago Bears, which is the franchise record. Isn't Luckman the Chicago Bears poster child for QBs?

    Jay Cutler is in the top three in passing yards, passing attempts, passing completions, passing TDs, and of course interceptions for a season in Bears Franchise History with his 2009 season, as bad as it is widely know as being around the league, it was fantastic by Bears standards.

    Here's his franchise records:
    -Cutler ranks 2nd behind Erik Kramer's 1995 season for most passing yards in a season with 3666 yards (Kramer had 3838)
    -Cutler ranks 1st in passing attempts for a season with 555
    -Cutler ranks 1st in passing completions for a season with 366
    -Cuter ranks 3rd in passing touchdowns for a season with 27 (Kramer owns the record with 29 in 1995).
    -Cutler ranks 2nd in interceptions thrown for season with 26

    Source: Top 10 Passing - Season


    Of course the results of Cutler doing this is a 7-9 season last year. This year, Cutler likely wont break any franchise records, but the Bears are 9-3 right now. So Kyle Orton can keep his yardage, touchdowns, while his team still sucks and I'll take a Jay Cutler right now who is winning games for the Bears.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Scoot26 For This Useful Post:


  15. #12
    Leddy > Cullimore Relapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    522

    Default

    I honestly kind of feel bad for Denver Broncos fans because John McDainels has probably set that franchise back a good decade.

    1. He goes behind his 25 year old pro bowl quarterbacks back in trade talks and forces Denver to have to deal Jay Cutler.

    2. He has a similar situation with his 25 year old all-pro wideout in Brandon Marshall. Again Denver trades Marshall away.

    3. He trades Peyton Hillis away for a 3rd string quarterback in Brady Quinn.

    4. He not only drafts Tim Tebow in the first round but he traded away 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks just to be able to get back a first round pick to do so.

    5. He traded away Tony Scheffler, who was a good player in Denver, for a late round draft pick.

    6. He fired Mike Nolan, one of the better defensive coordinators in the league, because again he could not get along with him.

    I am grateful this nightmare ends with Jay Cutler in Chicago but man it is going to take a long time for that franchise to recover from all that mismanagement. I am sure Cutler and Marshall are both quietly celebrating the whole situation.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Relapse For This Useful Post:


  17. #13
    MRNeverwearthesamething MRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Springfield,IL
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Can't say I'm sad.

  18. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoot26 View Post
    The NFL record is 42 interception by former Chicago Bears Quarterback George Blanda in 1962 when he was with the Oilers.

    Sid Luckman threw 31 interceptions in 1947 for the Chicago Bears, which is the franchise record. Isn't Luckman the Chicago Bears poster child for QBs?

    Jay Cutler is in the top three in passing yards, passing attempts, passing completions, passing TDs, and of course interceptions for a season in Bears Franchise History with his 2009 season, as bad as it is widely know as being around the league, it was fantastic by Bears standards.

    Here's his franchise records:
    -Cutler ranks 2nd behind Erik Kramer's 1995 season for most passing yards in a season with 3666 yards (Kramer had 3838)
    -Cutler ranks 1st in passing attempts for a season with 555
    -Cutler ranks 1st in passing completions for a season with 366
    -Cuter ranks 3rd in passing touchdowns for a season with 27 (Kramer owns the record with 29 in 1995).
    -Cutler ranks 2nd in interceptions thrown for season with 26

    Source: Top 10 Passing - Season


    Of course the results of Cutler doing this is a 7-9 season last year. This year, Cutler likely wont break any franchise records, but the Bears are 9-3 right now. So Kyle Orton can keep his yardage, touchdowns, while his team still sucks and I'll take a Jay Cutler right now who is winning games for the Bears.
    I know pathetic isn't it? The Packers are going to go a good 30 years having only 2 starting QB's. It's a revolving door at Soldier Field because none of them are really worth building a team around. Everyone remembers Jim McMahon as a great QB but he really wasn't.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to IronMike For This Useful Post:

    Pre

  20. #15
    Senior Member Scoot26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Glendale Heights, IL
    Posts
    11,702
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    I know pathetic isn't it? The Packers are going to go a good 30 years having only 2 starting QB's. It's a revolving door at Soldier Field because none of them are really worth building a team around. Everyone remembers Jim McMahon as a great QB but he really wasn't.
    Its pathetic that Jay Cutler owns those records? I guess if you look at the scheme of things on how bad we've been at quarterback, that is true. But to me its also basically tells me Jay Cutler is the best QB we've had.

    Jim McMahon was a good QB, but injuries did him in. Just looking at the things he did do when healthy tells you he had tons of potential to be great, but problem was of course his injuries.

    Erik Kramer had a good 1995 season, but then suffered multiple concussions and other numerous injuries the next few seasons.

    And well..then there's Rex Grossman, who had that one season where he got off to the hot start then tampered off, drove every fan in the city mad, and became a mental midget and would never be the same again.

  21. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    722

    Default

    McMahon had potential but aside from the injuries he was very cocky and flamboyant. Now he's a drunk. Half the time when Ditka was a raving lunatic on the sideline it was because McMahon was constantly calling his own plays. They did work out pretty well a lot of times though.

    Kramer was consistently average. You had a decent shot at seeing the Bears win if you made the trip to Soldier Field which before the remodel I used to go to 4 games a year at least. Now it's too damn expensive but that's a whole other thread.

    Cutler and Grossman seem very similar to me. They each show flashes of brilliance but then come back and make the most insanely stupid decisions which usually result in turnovers. Cutler is on a roll though but I need to see how he performs in the rest of the games.

    I guess the thing is after you've gotten your hopes up so many years in a row just to have them dashed again and again I can't be all rah, rah, rah anymore because I want more than immediate gratification.

    The Bears should be a dynasty.

  22. #17
    Senior Member Scoot26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Glendale Heights, IL
    Posts
    11,702
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    McMahon had potential but aside from the injuries he was very cocky and flamboyant. Now he's a drunk. Half the time when Ditka was a raving lunatic on the sideline it was because McMahon was constantly calling his own plays. They did work out pretty well a lot of times though.

    Kramer was consistently average. You had a decent shot at seeing the Bears win if you made the trip to Soldier Field which before the remodel I used to go to 4 games a year at least. Now it's too damn expensive but that's a whole other thread.

    Cutler and Grossman seem very similar to me. They each show flashes of brilliance but then come back and make the most insanely stupid decisions which usually result in turnovers. Cutler is on a roll though but I need to see how he performs in the rest of the games.

    I guess the thing is after you've gotten your hopes up so many years in a row just to have them dashed again and again I can't be all rah, rah, rah anymore because I want more than immediate gratification.
    I disagree with Cutler and Grossman being the same. Cutler can make those stupid interceptions but atleast still put up yardage and numbers and come back and complete passes. Rex when he would throw an interception would just meltdown, think too much and do even more stupid shit. Cutler can also do something Grossman cant...scramble.

    The Bears should be a dynasty.
    Yeah, they should...but that takes smart ownership. Something we don't have.

  23. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    370

    Default

    I wonder if Peter King of Sports Illustrated still thinks the Broncos got the better end of the Cutler trade...lol.

  24. #19
    When one letter is enough X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,770
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Does anyone else find it hilarious that the Broncos named Running Back coach Eric Studesville as his interim replacement...even though the Broncos are 29th in the league w/ 86.2 yards rushing/game?

    Darren McFadden avg's more ypg rushing than the entire Broncos team.
    Hidden Content

    RIP Poppie - 11/12/13


  25. #20
    The Wizard of OZ TopekaRoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    Does anyone else find it hilarious that the Broncos named Running Back coach Eric Studesville as his interim replacement...even though the Broncos are 29th in the league w/ 86.2 yards rushing/game?

    Darren McFadden avg's more ypg rushing than the entire Broncos team.
    Thanks Josh.

    I was puzzled when I heard that, too. How about naming their Offensive Coordinator or QB coach head coach? It doesn't really matter, though. It's only for four games. He won't be the head coach next season.

    I think it is funny how quickly McDaniels went from "He knew nothing about 'Spygate II' and he's our coach." to "We will wait 'til the end of the season to make our evaluation and then decide." to "He's fired." I can't say I'm surprised though. I thought it would happen after they lost to the Rams.
    Hidden Content "We're gonna grow the football."---Bears Head Coach Mark Trestman

  26. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •