IGT: Chicago @ Los Angeles Game 1

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It was just the leg. I agreed with Girardi on the final play from Correa yesterday. Pop up slide into Didi which did not allow the throw to the plate. Where is that rule enforced other than double plays?

I don't understand that comparison at all.

Correa slid into the base. Where else should be be?

Blame the Yankees. It is the first time in decades of watching baseball that I saw a relay that caused an IF to make a throw home over a base. That was all on Judge. Not planting himself, missing a cutoff, throwing to the wrong place.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You trust this bullpen ill give you kudos..

Bryant Rizzo Heyward Baez Combined 2 for 27 now in postseason

Im not saying theyll get swept but ill be very surprise if cubs can win 4 of next 6 now against the Dodgers who are much much better then the Nats..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I don't trust the bullpen. I was referring to starting pitching being OK when you suggested it was bad.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I don't trust the bullpen. I was referring to starting pitching being OK when you suggested it was bad.
Their not bad just would be nice to see them go more then 5..
After the first 2 games vs Nats
Hendricks 7 ip
Lester 6 IP

Then 5 ip 4 ip 4 ip 5 ip
That has to improve to stay out of the bullpen early...

Maddon panics and over reacts in close games...
I wish Maddon would just let Bosio decide when to pull pitchers and who to go to...
Maybe someone will suggest that to Epstein for next year

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You did not answer the question.

I understand what the rule says. I am asking them to extrapolate that and tell me where should the catcher stand on that particular play.They are telling him where he can not stand, but from a simple, practical standpoint, where should a catcher position himself waiting on that throw? Toward LF? That leaves him in the way. Toward RF? Then he has to lunge to make a tag.

Bottom line is, while the intent may make sense, the rule itself is impractical. Much like college football's targeting rule.
Catcher places his left foot on the right side of the plate providing the runner with access to half the plate. The catcher does not have to lunge. When I was a kid, was taught to provide the runner half the plate. Easy to do and make the play

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Catcher places his left foot on the right side of the plate providing the runner with access to half the plate. The catcher does not have to lunge. When I was a kid, was taught to provide the runner half the plate. Easy to do and make the play

Not the way Taco re-told that story when you tripped him trying to score.

hankchifan

Liked Posts:
Almora should be our regular CF and should not be taken out of the games. HE is a top defender and has the highest batting avg in the team. Let him play against right handers as well!

hankchifan

Liked Posts:
How can you expect to win taking Q out after 5 innings for Rondon. Take out our best defender and hitter in the post season - Almora and leave our worst OF defender Schwarbs in. ? Reminds me of all the bone headed decisions with the pitching/bullpen made by Joe in last year World Series.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Their not bad just would be nice to see them go more then 5..
After the first 2 games vs Nats
Hendricks 7 ip
Lester 6 IP

Then 5 ip 4 ip 4 ip 5 ip
That has to improve to stay out of the bullpen early...

Maddon panics and over reacts in close games...
I wish Maddon would just let Bosio decide when to pull pitchers and who to go to...
Maybe someone will suggest that to Epstein for next year

Part of that was injured Jake. Part was quick playoff hook Joe.

When Hendricks batted for himself down 4-1 in Game 5, I was happy with that move. I seem to be the only one. We needed more from him, and got it.