IGT: NLCS Chicago @ Los Angeles

greg23

Liked Posts:
It's still absolutely unbelievable that he didn't being in Davis to face Taylor/Turner

Game on line
Had fri and sat off
Will have mon off
You lose game 2 and game 3 is a virtual must win
So expect him to use Davis up to 2 inn
However we could play 3 days in a row with all being must wins

Finish the 9th with Davis
Make your double switch
Have Davis pitch the 10th as well
If the game goes 11....figure it out then.
You still have Montgomery-Rondon-Lackey

Just baffling but not surprising with this eclectic manager who thinks he's the smartest, coolest mensa level hipster dude in the room

hankchifan

Liked Posts:
First base was not open. Lackey had walked a guy just before Turner.

hankchifan

Liked Posts:
I think we were doomed once the game became a battle of the bullpens. Grant you our bullpen was better tonight but still two costly walks in the 9th led to the loss. Our hitting has also been atrocious, so we need to rely even more on our bad bullpen. If Davis was available I would have brought him in the 9th instead of Lackey who is a home run allowing machine.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LA defended their home field. Being down 2-0 as the road team isn't as big a deal as you guys are making it out to be. Regardless, the Cubs BP sucks. There's no use criticizing Maddon for the BP use. It's going to be the likely reason the Cubs don't repeat. They would've swept the Nats. They probably would've taken 1 of 2 from LA. Good overall team, but with a horrible BP. Teams can't make mistakes in the playoffs and expect to consistently get away with it. The teams left are way too good.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
LMAO

Read up on your history son

Germans? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I think someone is clearly too young to recognize an obvious pop culture refrrence.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not saying it's over, especially after last year. But this does look like LA's year.

Edwards had A+ stuff and could have pitched another inning. Bringing Lackey into that situation honestly felt like a Maddon surrender, or at least tactical retreat. I could see it if down by 5 (or even up by 5), but in a tie game? It's like Maddon was conceding the loss to keep Davis fresh for another game. Bizarre and hard to watch.

Also, did anyone see the closeup of Rizzo's hand after he got hit? I wonder if that will affect his game going forward.

Schwarber had more trade value before he regressed. I would have been ready for them to trade him for pitching last year but IDK what they'll get for him now.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Not saying it's over, especially after last year. But this does look like LA's year.

Edwards had A+ stuff and could have pitched another inning. Bringing Lackey into that situation honestly felt like a Maddon surrender, or at least tactical retreat. I could see it if down by 5 (or even up by 5), but in a tie game? It's like Maddon was conceding the loss to keep Davis fresh for another game. Bizarre and hard to watch.

Also, did anyone see the closeup of Rizzo's hand after he got hit? I wonder if that will affect his game going forward.

Schwarber had more trade value before he regressed. I would have been ready for them to trade him for pitching last year but IDK what they'll get for him now.
Maddon was trying to save his pen. With the double switch, he was looking for multiple innings from lackey if needed.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
as long as second and third are open, there is a base open.
Lol, you don't put the winning run on third. You don't load the bases intentionally in the bottom of the ninth.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maddon was trying to save his pen. With the double switch, he was looking for multiple innings from lackey if needed.

Save the pen in a game that isn't close. Tied 1-1 in the 9th, pull out all the stops.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Lol, you don't put the winning run on third. You don't load the bases intentionally in the bottom of the ninth.

Yep. You take your chances on a home run or extra base hit, and even on a single you've got a shot from the OF at a play at the plate. Putting a runner at third opens you up to a wild pitch or passed ball, and a single or IF hit guarantees a loss.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I think someone is clearly too young to recognize an obvious pop culture refrrence.
Now you made me curious and google it...

Been a long while since i saw Animal House.

Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Save the pen in a game that isn't close. Tied 1-1 in the 9th, pull out all the stops.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
This is the playoffs. The games are generally close. It's easy to see maddon wanted Davis for if the cubs took the lead to shut the door. I don't blame him for that. At some point, these other guys have to not blow it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk