Can we get a Watson is Better than Trubisky sub forum?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL. I feel like we need a new one to replace the old Cutler one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please

greg23

Liked Posts:
Why are people surprised Watson looks better right now?

More experience in college
National champ
More NFL games/snaps so far
Elite wr
Offensive head coach

Vs

1 year starter
2nd NFL start
Udfa and practice squad guys as wr
Defensive minded gum chomper as head coach
Smurf as off coord

Give these guys a few years....and f wiw I'll still take Trubisky

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They're going to be compared to each other the rest of their careers... The sooner some of you accept this the easier it'll be for you.

greg23

Liked Posts:
They're going to be compared to each other the rest of their careers... The sooner some of you accept this the easier it'll be for you.

But the meatballs around here make comparisons and proclamations after each pass.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I would think we need a Trubisky subforum

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trubs went up against 2 of the best pass DVOA's in the league with very little skill position talent. A little patience please meatballs

Watson's supporting cast is light years ahead of Trubiskys.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why are people surprised Watson looks better right now?

More experience in college
National champ
More NFL games/snaps so far
Elite wr
Offensive head coach
Better football player

Vs

1 year starter
2nd NFL start
Udfa and practice squad guys as wr
Defensive minded gum chomper as head coach
Smurf as off coord

Added the missing significant part.

There will be a Cutleresque list of reasons for Trubisky, and in truth he really can't be judged until he gets a better WR corps, but Watson was, is, and possibly always will be the better player of the two. He's a gamer. He has that thing that makes good players great.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

There will be a Cutleresque list of reasons for Trubisky, and in truth he really can't be judged until he gets a better WR corps, but Watson was, is, and possibly always will be the better player of the two. He's a gamer. He has that thing that makes good players great.

It's called a special heart. Some like Watson just seem to have an extra muscle, that allows them to surpass their already great talent. Can Trubs get there? I hope so.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
How can you even compare the two right now? Switch the two teams and trubisky would be lighting it up too. Hopkins and Fuller vs. Our bullshit receivers.. come on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
How can you even compare the two right now? Switch the two teams and trubisky would be lighting it up too. Hopkins and Fuller vs. Our bullshit receivers.. come on

I love this logic. It's so unbelievably Special person.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
I love this logic. It's so unbelievably Special person.
It's not far fetched to think Trubisky would be playing at a high level with the Texans receivers. It's weird that you'd respond with a cunty insult and don't have much else to say. Then again, it seems like that's all it is on this message board these days.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It's not far fetched to think Trubisky would be playing at a high level with the Texans receivers. It's weird that you'd respond with a cunty insult and don't have much else to say. Then again, it seems like that's all it is on this message board these days.

Yes it is, since Watson is clearly more ready to play at the NFL level than Trubisky. Not to mention that the Texans have spent 4 years looking for a QB and none have looked as good as Watson. Also, Watson is the first rookie QB to have 3+ pass TDs in three consecutive games.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
After their first 2 appearances their numbers are actually similar. Wasn't until Watson's 3rd appearance 2nd start playing the 31st rated pass defense that he started lighting it up. With gunslinger bombs into quadruple coverage (with Texan receivers pulling it down)

And ya know, I'm sure having receivers wide open 30yds down the field compared to being completely blanketed even on roll outs & escapes makes no difference at all.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
After their first 2 appearances their numbers are actually similar. Wasn't until Watson's 3rd appearance 2nd start playing the 31st rated pass defense that he started lighting it up. With gunslinger bombs into quadruple coverage (with Texan receivers pulling it down)

And ya know, I'm sure having receivers wide open 30yds down the field compared to being completely blanketed even on roll outs & escapes makes no difference at all.

Watson's first "appearance" was the second half of game one with probably little to no preparation. His second "appearance," and first start, was the next Thursday with short prep four days later.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Congrats to Watson's great start. I always thought he belonged in the nfl but careful about getting carried away, you don't want this to be Kaepernick all over again. Watson could still come out next week and throw 3 picks. It's early.