Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ravens were playing two deep safeties all day. The slants were there if we wanted them. Just no point in running it on 3rd and long.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
Yep. Should use quick slants to keep the defense from getting to our QB, especially when they are bringing the blitz. I also wonder why Loggains never calls a shovel pass, especially if the pocket is consistently collapsing. I also rarely see wide receiver screens, picks etc. Hopefully in time they can come up with more ways to better use the biscuit.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hobbits are smaller, tend to be curly-haired, dress 'chiefly in green and yellow', have hairy feet with thick soles, and live in hobbit-holes. Dwarves are slightly bigger, usually bearded, and live in mountains. Dwarves are miners and stone-workers and they like gold. Hobbits like eating and smoking pipeleaf.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hobbits are smaller, tend to be curly-haired, dress 'chiefly in green and yellow', have hairy feet with thick soles, and live in hobbit-holes. Dwarves are slightly bigger, usually bearded, and live in mountains. Dwarves are miners and stone-workers and they like gold. Hobbits like eating and smoking pipeleaf.

Yeah, we fucking know... we have one as our OC.

Now get off ur ass and start more threads.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ravens were playing two deep safeties all day. The slants were there if we wanted them. Just no point in running it on 3rd and long.

THAT IS THE FUCKING POINT! SLANTS ARE JUST AS GOOD AS A RUNNING PLAY! SLANTS ON FIRST OR SECOND DOWN WORK!

Sorry. Wasn't aimed at you at all. Just general pent up anger and frustration brought on by Loggains' play calling.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
THAT IS THE FUCKING POINT! SLANTS ARE JUST AS GOOD AS A RUNNING PLAY! SLANTS ON FIRST OR SECOND DOWN WORK!

Sorry. Wasn't aimed at you at all. Just general pent up anger and frustration brought on by Loggains' play calling.
In what context do you mean as good. A slant is far more likely to lead go a turnover or lack of yards gained than any run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In what context do you mean as good. A slant is far more likely to lead go a turnover or lack of yards gained than any run.

Look up packaged plays. It was something that we successfully dabbled in when Marc Trestman was around. I understand what you are saying and I do agree that there is more risk of a turnover on a slant pass versus a running play since our backs are fairly good at ball security given the volume of running plays to turnovers.

Make no mistake. I am not saying that its equally as safe to run a slant play versus a running play. I am saying both are just as efficient at moving the chains. However when you're running packaged plays you're executing a run fit and instead throwing the ball. Its a huge fake out which sells the run and makes the pass even more efficient. When you're pounding the ball like we are you can straight up exploit defenses using packaged play slant passes. Not to mention it forces defense to think more instead of just freely stacking the box and making it more likely to shut down your running game.

billwade

Liked Posts:
I see crossing routes quite a bit, just not many quick slants.

The route tree is limited because of Trubisky. There have been plenty of crossing routes and curls, but receivers can't gain separation or trubisky misses the window. Slants are non existent and I see very few sluggo routes, post routes or nine routes. There's just no confidence in the passing game right now

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The route tree is limited because of Trubisky. There have been plenty of crossing routes and curls, but receivers can't gain separation or trubisky misses the window. Slants are non existent and I see very few sluggo routes, post routes or nine routes. There's just no confidence in the passing game right now

Wow, what was he doing in college? Sounds like he knows nothing about being a QB. Pop Warner, high school, college, he's going to be retired before he learns QB at the NFL level.

I said it before, I'll say it again, the problem is our coaches are scared little bitches.

billwade

Liked Posts:
Wow, what was he doing in college? Sounds like he knows nothing about being a QB. Pop Warner, high school, college, he's going to be retired before he learns QB at the NFL level.

I said it before, I'll say it again, the problem is our coaches are scared little bitches.

Yeah, playing QB in pop warner, high school and college is just like playing in the NFL. That's why there are so many great college QBs who easily make the transition to the NFL like Jake Locker, Matt Leiner, Blake Borttles, Vince Young, Geno Smith, Matt Barkely, Brock Osweiler etc, etc...

When the game is played as a profession, the level of sophistication doesn't allow for mistakes and slow decisions. The Bears are trying to see if Trubisky can crawl before he walks and walks before he runs. So far, he's looked pretty awful with a limited playbook. I watched the 22s last night, and he missed a bunch of open receivers coming out of their break. He's not seeing it yet. There's no point in giving receivers multiple options when Trubisky isn't seeing limited ones.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Ravens gave a lot of looks with 8 or 9 men at the line. You don't want to call a lot of slants when the LoS is as congested as it was.

The safeties aren't the problem on a slant. It's the LBs because if they drop back to cover the middle zone then your WR is going to get killed.

You really only want to throw slants when the D is in man and you can move the LBs off the hash lines.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well Remy, by golly gee gosh darnit. I wonder why the Ravens were giving a lot of 8 and 9 man looks. Could it have been because of 54 (50 if you remove Trubisky's 4 runs) fucking running plays? Nah. Can't be.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Yeah, playing QB in pop warner, high school and college is just like playing in the NFL. That's why there are so many great college QBs who easily make the transition to the NFL like Jake Locker, Matt Leiner, Blake Borttles, Vince Young, Geno Smith, Matt Barkely, Brock Osweiler etc, etc...

When the game is played as a profession, the level of sophistication doesn't allow for mistakes and slow decisions. The Bears are trying to see if Trubisky can crawl before he walks and walks before he runs. So far, he's looked pretty awful with a limited playbook. I watched the 22s last night, and he missed a bunch of open receivers coming out of their break. He's not seeing it yet. There's no point in giving receivers multiple options when Trubisky isn't seeing limited ones.

That's not how you put it before. You acted like he didn't know very common routes and hasn't been able to learn them. That's very different than better competition leaving very little room for mistakes.

Anyone would look awful with a limited playbook against competition that is used to playing against full playbooks. Even Glennon looked better when they had to open it up for him. It's no wonder the boxes are stacked. That's why our scared little bitch coaches need to be fired. They're doing more harm than good.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That's not how you put it before. You acted like he didn't know very common routes and hasn't been able to learn them. That's very different than better competition leaving very little room for mistakes.

Anyone would look awful with a limited playbook against competition that is used to playing against full playbooks. Even Glennon looked better when they had to open it up for him. It's no wonder the boxes are stacked. That's why our scared little bitch coaches need to be fired. They're doing more harm than good.
How are they doing harm? These thoughts kept going on without any reason of connection to who is harmed this way

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well Remy, by golly gee gosh darnit. I wonder why the Ravens were giving a lot of 8 and 9 man looks. Could it have been because of 54 (50 if you remove Trubisky's 4 runs) fucking running plays? Nah. Can't be.

Not sure what this has to do with what I said. The poster was saying they played a lot of 2 deep and I pointed out they played a lot of 8 and 9 man fronts.

Seems like you agree with me that they stacked the line so not sure what your beef is with me.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure what this has to do with what I said. The poster was saying they played a lot of 2 deep and I pointed out they played a lot of 8 and 9 man fronts.

Seems like you agree with me that they stacked the line so not sure what your beef is with me.

Trust me man. It ain't any beef with anyone posting here. Its pure unadulterated rage at the play calling.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
How are they doing harm? These thoughts kept going on without any reason of connection to who is harmed this way

Yeah, telling the D to go ahead and stack the box and not allowing anything to defend against stacking the box is making it easy on your QB.

I keep wishing for this all seeing all knowing coaching staff you seem to think we have but so far I'm only seeing incompetence.