Why does Loggains hate slant routes?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is it because hobbits can't throw slant routes?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Combination of not having full faith in Trubs and practice squad WRs as your starting WRs.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know why they aren't doing any of that.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
He needs to trial it with Cohen first.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Should be hammering the slant / crossing routes - Trubs' accuracy and timing are strengths and its fairly low risk.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I see crossing routes quite a bit, just not many quick slants.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I think we played it safe with Trubs facing MN/Balt. I think things get opened up a little more each week going forward.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Something to do with 3rd and 12 plus not under center on those plays. The problem is more about no pass plays on early downs negating that sort of play call.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Combination of not having full faith in Trubs and practice squad WRs as your starting WRs.

I would argue that Kendall Wright is our only "real" receiver and he plays in the slot... I was wondering this all day yesterday too. Easy throws for a young QB.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You need a reliable receiver to get off jams, catch, and hold balls when potentially lit up by Lbers... and to have a good timing set with a QB or they can be risky to ints.

They're not a safe throw for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You need a reliable receiver to get off jams, catch, and hold balls when potentially lit up by Lbers... and to have a good timing set with a QB or they can be risky to ints.

They're not a safe throw for sure

What about checking to quick slants when the defense is clearly playing off-coverage.... I wouldn't say the throw is any more dangerous there than some of the intermediate outside-breaking routes we've seen Trubisky throw.

Plus let's be honest.... if slants are too dangerous for Trubs, dude isn't worth having.

If his WRs are gonna get jammed and not be open, he needs to figure it out and check out or find another place to put the ball.

I would prefer to see if he can do it now, when things are toughest on him.

If Trubs can handle the worst situations.... that is more valuable to know at this juncture IMO.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
hard to throw a lot of slant when the entire defense is within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage..........

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
What about checking to quick slants when the defense is clearly playing off-coverage.... I wouldn't say the throw is any more dangerous there than some of the intermediate outside-breaking routes we've seen Trubisky throw.

Plus let's be honest.... if slants are too dangerous for Trubs, dude isn't worth having.

If his WRs are gonna get jammed and not be open, he needs to figure it out and check out or find another place to put the ball.

I would prefer to see if he can do it now, when things are toughest on him.

If Trubs can handle the worst situations.... that is more valuable to know at this juncture IMO.
The QB is irrelevant if you have 4th string WRs only and offer no trust of skill to grab in traffic.

You seem to put it as if it's on the QB, it's on the lack of talent wrs you can't trust to be in time with it and fight off the players to catch and not risk it bouncing right to a int.

Even White was big so you could try with him, even though he dropped the slants Glennon threw him.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The QB is irrelevant if you have 4th string WRs only and offer no trust of skill to grab in traffic.

You seem to put it as if it's on the QB, it's on the lack of talent wrs you can't trust to be in time with it and fight off the players to catch and not risk it bouncing right to a int.

Even White was big so you could try with him, even though he dropped the slants Glennon threw him.

We have some good TEs.... Miller, Sims, Shaheen.... why not run some slants with them in the slot?

What about Kendall Wright? He can't run a slant?

A slant and/or beating a jam isn't only done by Julio Jones.... GB runs slants against the Bears with every WR they have.