Why no RPO?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know our receiving core is one of the worst in the league and we are starting a rookie QB but why aren't the Bears coaching staff running any RPO? You would think that makes the most sense because Mitch played in the Shotgun 98 percent of the time in college and howard lead the lead in rushing out of the shotgun. Can someone please explain to me the downside of running the RPO more for a rookie QB?

Thanks

IT is because the guy who snaps the ball is terrible at it. It is a big issue because not only is Trubisky better out of the shot-gun but it also greatly increases the chances of the Bears turning the ball over. Trubisky sometimes looks like a middle infielder out there trying to field bad hop ground balls or duck snort pop ups:(

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't saw he's been garbage. He's obviously had way too many bad snaps and has had some holding calls but he still does some really good things on the field.

I think that Whitehair is a very good player with one big flaw and that is snapping the ball our of the shotgun. It has to be mental with him and God knows if he can ever correct that. It is like a pitcher who loses his release point or a second baseman that gags the throw to first(see Chuck Knoblach). They just are really hurting their offense playing Whitehair at center right now.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I know our receiving core is one of the worst in the league and we are starting a rookie QB but why aren't the Bears coaching staff running any RPO? You would think that makes the most sense because Mitch played in the Shotgun 98 percent of the time in college and howard lead the lead in rushing out of the shotgun. Can someone please explain to me the downside of running the RPO more for a rookie QB?

Thanks

Running any kind of read option would get Tru killed, especially against a D like Baltimore.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Running any kind of read option would get Tru killed, especially against a D like Baltimore.

I kind of agree in that both of their tackles are shitty in protection.