3 best / worst performances (week 6)

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
What an emotional rollercoaster of a game. Highlighted by one of the best defensive performances we've seen in a long while. Lets hope they can carry the momentum as a unit into next week. On offense, Trubisky made a play whenever he was asked to. I hope that he continues to progress like this throughout the season.

As always, the good first:

3. Conner Barth

40 yarder to win the game! Ill be honest, I had no confidence that he was going to make that. But he surprised me and made me hate him a little less.

2. Jordan Howard

167 yards on a staggering 36 carries. Nearly became a goat at the end of regulation with a Marion Barberesque blunder. But he redeemed himself in overtime with his 53 yard, tackle breaking run to put the bears in good position to secure the victory. Howard carried the Bears again just like he has been all season. He continues to prove that he is one of the best runners in the game.

1. The Defense

I tried to narrow it down to a more specific unit, but the entire defense just played too damn well. The pass russ was consistent all game with 3 sacks on Flacco, via Hicks, McPhee, and Trevathan. Floyd was in Flacco's face a ton as well. Jones and Trevathan were flying around, combining for 14 tackles and a forced fumble. The secondary was dominant, shutting down Joe Flacco and the Ravens passing attack. Callahan had an incredible diving interception, and Amos took a tipped pass 90 yards to the house. Fuller also had a great day with 3 pass deflections and a lock on whoever was lined up against him. A great day for them is actually an understatement.

Now for the bad:

3. Bobby Massie

Finding three bad performances was tough. I considered the Gentry/McBride duo because they didn't really do much, but they didn't necessarily do anything wrong either. Massie didn't have an awful game, but Matt Judon had a field day, and I believe he lined up on Massie's side for most of the game.

2. Cody Whitehair

In the past few weeks I've left Whitehair off this list. I thought one or two bad snaps wasn't that big of a deal for a guy who needed to re-adjust to the center position after a lot of flip-flopping positions due to injury. However, these bad snaps have came on a weekly basis. There was at least 3 bad snaps that I counted from Whitehair. I'm not sure what his problem is, but I have faith that it will be fixed by seasons end. Otherwise, it WILL lose us a game.

1. Special Teams (excluding Barth)

O'Donnell nearly lost the Bears the game with a shanked punt. Two Ravens special teams touchdowns is a tough pill to swallow. I have no doubt in my mind that McManis's injury had a big part in their sloppy special teams play. They are lucky that the rest of the team were able to bail them out. If the Bears lost that game, you'd better believe there would be some harsh words headed their way.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
What an emotional rollercoaster of a game. Highlighted by one of the best defensive performances we've seen in a long while. Lets hope they can carry the momentum as a unit into next week. On offense, Trubisky made a play whenever he was asked to. I hope that he continues to progress like this throughout the season.

As always, the good first:

3. Conner Barth

40 yarder to win the game! Ill be honest, I had no confidence that he was going to make that. But he surprised me and made me hate him a little less.

2. Jordan Howard

167 yards on a staggering 36 carries. Nearly became a goat at the end of regulation with a Marion Barberesque blunder. But he redeemed himself in overtime with his 53 yard, tackle breaking run to put the bears in good position to secure the victory. Howard carried the Bears again just like he has been all season. He continues to prove that he is one of the best runners in the game.

1. The Defense

I tried to narrow it down to a more specific unit, but the entire defense just played too damn well. The pass russ was consistent all game with 3 sacks on Flacco, via Hicks, McPhee, and Trevathan. Floyd was in Flacco's face a ton as well. Jones and Trevathan were flying around, combining for 14 tackles and a forced fumble. The secondary was dominant, shutting down Joe Flacco and the Ravens passing attack. Callahan had an incredible diving interception, and Amos took a tipped pass 90 yards to the house. Fuller also had a great day with 3 pass deflections and a lock on whoever was lined up against him. A great day for them is actually an understatement.

Now for the bad:

3. Bobby Massie

Finding three bad performances was tough. I considered the Gentry/McBride duo because they didn't really do much, but they didn't necessarily do anything wrong either. Massie didn't have an awful game, but Matt Judon had a field day, and I believe he lined up on Massie's side for most of the game.

2. Cody Whitehair

In the past few weeks I've left Whitehair off this list. I thought one or two bad snaps wasn't that big of a deal for a guy who needed to re-adjust to the center position after a lot of flip-flopping positions due to injury. However, these bad snaps have came on a weekly basis. There was at least 3 bad snaps that I counted from Whitehair. I'm not sure what his problem is, but I have faith that it will be fixed by seasons end. Otherwise, it WILL lose us a game.

1. Special Teams (excluding Barth)

O'Donnell nearly lost the Bears the game with a shanked punt. And two Ravens special teams touchdowns is a tough pill to swallow. I have no doubt in my mind that McManis's injury had a big part in their sloppy special teams play. They are lucky that the rest of the team were able to bail them out. If the Bears lost that game, you'd better believe there would be some harsh words headed their way.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Refs completely fucked up the spot on O'Donnells shank. Thankfully.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I would put Gentry/McBride on the fail list. Besides a block or two they were miserable to the point where it looked like the offense was playing 9 on 11. Kendall Wright though needs to get more snaps. His chemistry with Trubs was very evident for the second week in a row.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I would put Gentry/McBride on the fail list. Besides a block or two they were miserable to the point where it looked like the offense was playing 9 on 11. Kendall Wright though needs to get more snaps. His chemistry with Trubs was very evident for the second week in a row.

you gotta remember the play calling did not help the receivers one bit, I mean everyone knew, including the Ravens, when the Bears were going to throw the ball. It's hard to be hard on a unit when the defense knows exactly when they're going to pass. Also, the Ravens have an excellent secondary

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
you gotta remember the play calling did not help the receivers one bit, I mean everyone knew, including the Ravens, when the Bears were going to throw the ball. It's hard to be hard on a unit when the defense knows exactly when they're going to pass. Also, the Ravens have an excellent secondary

All true but legit NFL receivers get open or create enough separation that their QB can target them occasionally even against excellent secondaries

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I was going to shit on an offensive lineman it would have been Kyle Long not necessarily Bobby Massie. Kyle Long had a couple of egregious fuck ups. He let through a pass rusher untouched on Mitch's touchdown to Sims. Had Trubs not been pocket aware while still keeping his eyes downfield that touchdown turns into a sack and field goal attempt. Then there was that one stupid ass play where he was being a shithead in between plays which also caused him to be late getting back to line up for the next play which turned into a sack fumble on Mitch.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If I was going to shit on an offensive lineman it would have been Kyle Long not necessarily Bobby Massie. Kyle Long had a couple of egregious fuck ups. He let through a pass rusher untouched on Mitch's touchdown to Sims. Had Trubs not been pocket aware while still keeping his eyes downfield that touchdown turns into a sack and field goal attempt. Then there was that one stupid ass play where he was being a shithead in between plays which also caused him to be late getting back to line up for the next play which turned into a sack fumble on Mitch.

Well at least someone has a grasp on reality around here.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
All true but legit NFL receivers get open or create enough separation that their QB can target them occasionally even against excellent secondaries

I get that but you have 2 receivers that haven't started before and Loggains can't come up with any pass plays to help these guys out? We won't be able to run on every defense like that every week. They gotta start game planning these receivers whether they want to or not

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

also lost balance and gave up pressure pretty much immediately to pierce forcing trubisky to step up and loft that pass to wright. Gentry had carr beaten on a dig route and had trubisky gotten him the ball, he would have a lot of running room in front of him.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I had heard somewhere that those 2 were named the starters because that is who Trubisky feels the most comfortable with. I can't say that's true or not, just heard it somewhere.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I do not know if I am ready to blame them.

They were not the focus of the game plan and there was no effort through game planning to get them the ball or get them open. They were asked to block and that is all they did.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I had heard somewhere that those 2 were named the starters because that is who Trubisky feels the most comfortable with. I can't say that's true or not, just heard it somewhere.

They are also the only ones with any upside.

Wright would play more, but they use him only as a slot guy and despite blowing up Suggs he is probably the worst blocker of all of them.

I would like to see them get 3 wide on the field more often as Sims has been usesless and you might as well spread it out more and give Tru more options.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I agree on Wright. I also like how he tries his ass off to make blocks. He is a gamer.