Two Allowed Call-ups from IR?

napo55

Liked Posts:
The NFL allows two players on the injured reserve to start practicing with the team after week six and to return to the active roster after week eight.

So who are the Bears likely to choose? Kevin White, for sure, if he's recovered. Another possibility: Rookie OG Jordan Morgan, if they deem him ready to play.

Any other predictions?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
This would be a really good time for Kevin White to turn his career around.

Reactions: 1ke

Rise

Liked Posts:
Did Kevin White have surgery or not? Can’t find any news on him. Would love to see him come back.

baredown

Liked Posts:
The NFL allows two players on the injured reserve to start practicing with the team after week six and to return to the active roster after week eight.

So who are the Bears likely to choose? Kevin White, for sure, if he's recovered. Another possibility: Rookie OG Jordan Morgan, if they deem him ready to play.

Any other predictions?

Smart money says to look to players who are likely to be fully recovered and who the Bears likely want to be evaluating for next year. I think Kevin White flunks the fully recovered test. Best guesses would be Hall (hamstring) and Morgan (red shirt injury)...

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Morgan was put on IR before week one I am pretty sure that eliminates him from being brought back this yr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I wish Freeman were allowed to return, but I think his surgery is a full year of recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If White wants any sort of future in the NFL he needs to come back and show something. Even a little bit of chemistry with Trubisky might be enough to keep him around. I know his salary is fully guaranteed through next season, but the guy is a waste of a roster spot.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Whitehair needs to move back to guard before Morgan gets in a game anyway. These snaps are just terrible. Sitton and Long are both in the way of Whitehair getting to guard, so thats even one more guy Morgan has to go over.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Agree, Kevin White has to come back and show something. I have not heard if he had surgery or not. I did see a pic that he was still in a sling at the WVU games last week. I believe he is eligible to practice starting next week. Eligible to practice after 6 weeks and to play after 8 weeks (that would be against the Packers in a few weeks). Hall is probably another candidate along with Demps to be brought back. It will probably be from this list (White, Hall and Demps).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Smart money says to look to players who are likely to be fully recovered and who the Bears likely want to be evaluating for next year. I think Kevin White flunks the fully recovered test. Best guesses would be Hall (hamstring) and Morgan (red shirt injury)...

Damn i forgot all about D.Hall. Was actually looking forward to seeing what he could do at FS this year but luckily we may have found our future in E.Jackson anyway.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They'll keep the spots for White and Demps. Hall has is less needed.
White must have poor bone density or be extremely unlucky. It's an odd fracture to get without more trauma.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I could get one guy back it would be Kush, I would like to see if he is able to snap a ball, and slide Whitehair to OG and Sitton to RT.

Face it guys if White comes back he will just be another WR that cant run routes and looks lost on game days. If we want a WR Pace needs to trade a 2nd or 3rd rd pick for one. I think he should be calling the Browns, Raiders, Colts, Bucs. and 49ers and see what is available.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
Has there been any update on Kevin White's progress? Is he even on track to come back this year?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think Kush will be ready this year with the torn hammy that needed surgery, but ya, he'd be great to have back.

I do think White had surgery but screws or plate doesn't necessarily significantly extend healing time for a bone. The issue is, when can he start to catch and lift again. I wouldn't think he'd be ready for GB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sitton to RT is a funny thought.

He would not be an upgrade over Massie in his current state.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Saw a pic of White from last week. Arm is in a sling and the size of a straw. He is broken and can't be put back together.

It's a fact he can't take a NFL hit. He can't run at a NFL level. He can't get open against NFL competition. He can run a NFL route tree.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kevin White is making a heroic comeback against the packers. The fairy tale setup is in place.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unfortunately, he hasn't had enough reps or recovery time to actually know anything. Not sure that's any better but we probably won't 'know' until next year... even if he plays this one.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sitton to RT is a funny thought.

He would not be an upgrade over Massie in his current state.

I know it isn't ideal, but what would we do if somehow we had a center? Are you going to bench Sitton, Long, or Whitehair? If the goal is to have the best 5 OL out there than Massie is the weak link. Sitton has played Tackle in the NFL like 3 years ago I think.

You might be right, out of those 3 none may be a candidate for Tackle. If that is the case then I would think either try to trade Long or cut Sitton.