According to ESPN (Beast of the East), Bears are not a top 5 injured team

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/253109/the-nfl-teams-most-impacted-by-injuries

I’m sorry, losing all your WR and LB should make you number 1.

This is a bunch of bull, and I for one will never read another ESPN article because of this

According to Kevin Siefert who is looking at the microcosm impact one or two star players who have been injured. Football Outsiders looks at starter games lost to injury per team and then into player games lost.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This site begs to E-S-slob on GB's knob-N:
NFL Week 5 Games Missed Due to Injury and Injury Metrics October 11, 2017
NFL-2017-Regular-Season-Team-Games-Missed-to-Injury-VS-Team-Wins-Oct-11-2017-650x300.png

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I think the media tends to 'slob on GB's knob' quite frequently but its hard to argue that they aren't the most banged up team. 2 of their best defensive players are banged up in daniels and perry. Their secondary seems pretty ravaged, montgomery has been in and out with his rib injury, their line has been absolutely RAVAGED, and now the best player on their team (and probably best in football) is now injured.

I fail to see why putting them at number 1 on this list is wrong.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Um ok?

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are just not relevant in the eyes of sports reporters these days.
The title should read Ranking relevant NFL teams most impacted by injuries.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

I think the impact of the injury is determined by the drop off of replacement...the drop off from Meredith to White/Wheaton/Wright/Gentry/Bellamy and from Freeman to Kwiatkoski/Timu/Jones is no where near as big of a drop off as Rodgers to Hundley.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/253109/the-nfl-teams-most-impacted-by-injuries

I’m sorry, losing all your WR and LB should make you number 1.

This is a bunch of bull, and I for one will never read another ESPN article because of this

This +1000 and wholeheartingly agree 1000% with you PeteFootball. When it comes to sports entertainment I could easily list ESPN as my #2 source (#1 of course being the WWE network and all of it's programming on USA) but after reading this link you have provided me I am afraid I will have to go elsewhere for my non-wrestling-related sports entertainment news and I will officially be cancelling any subscriptions to this network even if it causes controversy with my room-mate. It is too obvious at this juncture that they either are displaying obvious bias in their reporting or they are just errantly making purposeful errors in their reporting to get views which is known as "baiting-switch" something a ****ing snail oil salesman does. Done with it, done with the 30 4 30s, will be finding a stream for Monday Night Football and only watch re-runs of any notable ESPN coverages or programmes. It's entirely ****ing Rubbish at this point any which ways.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

The teams listed were supposed to be good, I'm not so sure about Det. and Bal. but the top 3 were contenders. Injuries on the Bears could turn them from a 6 win team to a 2 win team, who cares?

The Pats at 3 is stupid, they only mention one player Julian Edelman, nice player, that's a shame. The Pats problem is not their passing game, that's fine, defending the pass, that is a mess. WTF does that have to do with Edelman? They do have some injury issues on the defense, but for some reason they only mention Edelman. ESPN.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last year we would easily be number 1. This year the key injury is Freeman and then maybe Meredith. Outside of Bears world, nobody really would consider injuries to Kevin White or Nick Kwiatkowski as really significant. So far our defense looks stronger without Willie Young and his 4 tackles on the year.

The question is how long will it take for "The Hawk" to quote and reply to my post with a personal attack.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Last year we would easily be number 1. This year the key injury is Freeman and then maybe Meredith. Outside of Bears world, nobody really would consider injuries to Kevin White or Nick Kwiatkowski as really significant. So far our defense looks stronger without Willie Young and his 4 tackles on the year.

The question is how long will it take for "The Hawk" to quote and reply to my post with a personal attack.

I will never understand your seemingly resentful and disrespectful and latently hateful attitude toward Willie Young who besides his tackles actually had two sacks prior to being injured and was a rotational player at that point as well, who's main responsibilities were to set the edge not rush the passer. You even go as far as to suggest in a rather passive aggressive manor that the defense is performing better with Young on the bench than with him on the field which makes no sense really as if you are saying he makes the defense worse playing than not playing, I will never understand how that would be an objective statement backupable by facts and stats as there are an abundancy of factors that can come into play as far as defensive improvement! It just seems irresponsible to have that sort of disdain for such a solid player, illogical, irreconsilable, irrevocavly irrational and just plain irroneous if you ask me.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will never understand your seemingly resentful and disrespectful and latently hateful attitude toward Willie Young who besides his tackles actually had two sacks prior to being injured and was a rotational player at that point as well, who's main responsibilities were to set the edge not rush the passer. You even go as far as to suggest in a rather passive aggressive manor that the defense is performing better with Young on the bench than with him on the field which makes no sense really as if you are saying he makes the defense worse playing than not playing, I will never understand how that would be an objective statement backupable by facts and stats as there are an abundancy of factors that can come into play as far as defensive improvement! It just seems irresponsible to have that sort of disdain for such a solid player, illogical, irreconsilable, irrevocavly irrational and just plain irroneous if you ask me.

Sorry to upset you, lol. Our defense lived in the Ravens backfield last week. Sometimes the next man up ends up being better.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Everywhere I’ve ever lived, that city’s fans think their team is unusually unlucky with injuries.

The truth?: Injuries in the NFL are extremely common for almost every team. Almost every team suffers major injuries from major contributors.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The real question is why the fuck were you still reading them in the first place? I gave up ESPN years ago.

I am boycotting until they bring that ding bat lady sportcaster Jamelle Hill back:)