Leonard Floyd and the need to go OLB in 1st

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
garbage, Allen Hurns, Allen Robinson beg to differ.

What do those guys have to do with anything?

Lee replaced Hurns even before Robinson was hurt. Robinson and Hurns had 1 decent year [2015] with Bortles.

It took me a while to figure out that you were defending Blake Bortles.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2015 when Bortles was putting up stats Lee missed 6 games and was the 3rd guy.

Last season he started 6 games and had 851 yards, while Robinson started at 16 and had 880 yards.

There is untapped potential there.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see Pace add 2 long term WR's this year and keep merideth around because I think he will be back and fully capable as a #3 with upside to be a #2.

I'd like for the Bears to grab one in the mid round like 4th round, and depending on how round 1 goes maybe grab one there as well.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see Pace add 2 long term WR's this year and keep merideth around because I think he will be back and fully capable as a #3 with upside to be a #2.

I'd like for the Bears to grab one in the mid round like 4th round, and depending on how round 1 goes maybe grab one there as well.

I like Cam Meredith. If he returns 100%, I'd be happy to keep him around, maybe even as a WR2. But I think there has to be a decent chance that he doesn't get back to what he was. It sucks because he's a stand up dude and a really good player but let's not bury our head in the sand about it.

Unless they get some solid info that his recovery is on track, they need to assume he's not coming back.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I like Cam Meredith. If he returns 100%, I'd be happy to keep him around, maybe even as a WR2. But I think there has to be a decent chance that he doesn't get back to what he was. It sucks because he's a stand up dude and a really good player but let's not bury our head in the sand about it.

Unless they get some solid info that his recovery is on track, they need to assume he's not coming back.

Why? Had a clean tear in the ACL and almost nothing else.

It's a common injury and with today's technology usually about 9 months.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

No shit. Maybe post you are referring to still thinks it is the early 90s?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Yeah multiple people have voiced that they think cam is done mainly because of 'how gruesome' the hit was, and how he will never be the same....

It was an acl injury. No reason to think he will be a cripple now.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Even if they spend real money in free agency

Davante Adams
Cam Meredith
Kendall Wright
Mind round Pick/White
Gentry/McBride

That is still a bottom 10-12 unit in the league.

So it really depends on how much help they want to give Trubisky.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Even if they spend real money in free agency

Davante Adams
Cam Meredith
Kendall Wright
Mind round Pick/White
Gentry/McBride

That is still a bottom 10-12 unit in the league.

So it really depends on how much help they want to give Trubisky.

Definitely bottom of the league if we only sign Davante Adams to be our #1 WR, and then back that up with a mid round WR. Adams has already proven in 2015 he isn't a #1 WR when Jordy Nelson was injured. Spend big in free agency and draft a WR in the first two rounds. Anything less and Pace should be fired.

Also, the development of Shaheen going forward will be factored into our receiving options talent level.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
davante Adams
2017 Green Bay Packers 6 6 28 339 12.1 41 5 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2016 Green Bay Packers 16 15 75 997 13.3 66T 12 -
only lacks yards...

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
if the bears stay around 5 for the 2018 draft and see derwin james S, arden key OLB and whoever the top wr happens to be (kirk, ridley etc...)
who do you take? any trade down means missing out on james or key...

If we are in the top 6, I'm taking Fitzpatrick over James and Key. I really don't see a wide receiver worth taking in the top 20. I'd only be OK taking one in the 1st if we went down to the 20s.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
What happens at WR will be interesting to see.

If it is all about Trubisky then I don't think you can go half way in fixing the WR group.

While upgrading would be easy getting a WR core that will make Trubisky look like a star is different.

If you want to put Trubisky in the best position to be a star then you would have something like

Calvin Ridley (1st)
Marqise Lee
Cam Meredith
Kendall Wright
Anthony Miller (4th)
Gentry/McBride

That unit has the chance to be dominant along with Trubisky.

I love the idea of Miller in the 4th. His game against UCLA really opened my eyes. I could live with Ridley or Washington if the top edge rushers and OTs are off the board when the Bears pick. A top edge rusher or OT combined with Sutton in the 2nd and Miller in the 4th would be ideal. That's considering the Bears bring in Robinson or Adams in free agency too. Robinson or Adams, Sutton, Meredith, Wright, Miller with Gentry, McBride or Wheaton as the 6th would be a major upgrade.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
davante Adams
2017 Green Bay Packers 6 6 28 339 12.1 41 5 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2016 Green Bay Packers 16 15 75 997 13.3 66T 12 -
only lacks yards...

2015 is the year Jordy Nelson was out for the season and Adams had to be the guy. He failed.

50 receptions, 483 yards, 9.7 avg, 1 TD

He's not a number 1.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
if the bears stay around 5 for the 2018 draft and see derwin james S, arden key OLB and whoever the top wr happens to be (kirk, ridley etc...)
who do you take? any trade down means missing out on james or key...

If we are in the top 6, I'm taking Fitzpatrick over James and Key. I really don't see a wide receiver worth taking in the top 20. I'd only be OK taking one in the 1st if we went down to the 20s.

I wish somebody would take the time to look at Derwin James' stats. Or actually watch a Florida State game. He is not a playmaker.

He's just riding the wave of his recruiting hype. Just like Jabrill Peppers. He looks good in pads, has decent athleticism, but doesn't make plays on the field. No reason for him to be in consideration in the top 10.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
2015 is the year Jordy Nelson was out for the season and Adams had to be the guy. He failed.

50 receptions, 483 yards, 9.7 avg, 1 TD

He's not a number 1.

i dont think anyone thinks adams is a number 1 receiver in the nfl, he would be a number 1 receiver for the bears given the poor lack of options. Adams was in his second year wasnt he when jordy was injured? For a guy that was a 2nd or 3rd rd pick, I dont remember him producing much his rookie year. To expect him to be the number 1 WR in his 2nd year is a little much isnt it?

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I know there will probably be a guy like Landry in the top 10. But if we finish in the top 10, I'd like to see Pace trade down to the teens, recoup a 3rd round pick, and draft someone like Clelin Ferrell.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Check out WR James Washington of Oklahoma State if you have a chance, and imagine how he would expand the offense, not only for the passing game, but for Howard who wouldn't face stacked defenses all the time.

He was bad today, I was kind of shocked at how bad. No separation, no ability over the top, two drops I think. Rudolph barely looked for him in the second half because he wasn't ever open against man coverage. Didn't stand out at all, not even on one play.

napo55

Liked Posts:
He was bad today, I was kind of shocked at how bad. No separation, no ability over the top, two drops I think. Rudolph barely looked for him in the second half because he wasn't ever open against man coverage. Didn't stand out at all, not even on one play.

Agreed. And as a poster of integrity you'll agree, just like Chubb who had only 2 tackles and no sacks in his last game against Pitt. Let's see how both players recover from sub par games.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Agreed. And as a poster of integrity you'll agree, just like Chubb who had only 2 tackles and no sacks in his last game against Pitt. Let's see how both players recover from sub par games.

Did you watch Chubb in that game, or did you just look at the box score?