Leonard Floyd and the need to go OLB in 1st

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Forget about that integrity.

I'd say integrity means more than just looking at the box score to make an opinion about how well someone played. Oh well.

napo55

Liked Posts:
I'd say integrity means more than just looking at the box score to make an opinion about how well someone played. Oh well.

So did you watch the Baylor game where Washington had 235 yards receiving? Even with today's game, he's averaging about 130 yards per game, which I'm guessing is one of the top numbers for any receiver. Do you think maybe the whole season, not to mention his whole career, might be a better indication of his ability than one game?

I didn't see the Pitt game where Chubb was limited to 2 tackles and no sacks, but no doubt he was double teamed or there were other reasons why his numbers were not typical. Do you think there might be similar reasons why Washington's numbers were so atypical?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
So did you watch the Baylor game where Washington had 235 yards receiving? Even with today's game, he's averaging about 130 yards per game, which I'm guessing is one of the top numbers for any receiver. Do you think maybe the whole season, not to mention his whole career, might be a better indication of his ability than one game?

I didn't see the Pitt game where Chubb was limited to 2 tackles and no sacks, but no doubt he was double teamed or there were other reasons why his numbers were not typical. Do you think there might be similar reasons why Washington's numbers were so atypical?

I watched the entire game except for some of the second quarter when I took my kid to get a pumpkin. He wasn't really doubled teamed much, sometimes a cover 2 safety over the top. The corner, who I tried to look up but couldn't find, pretty much shut him down. I didn't see anything about him that looked like it would be above average at the next level. He didn't stand out physically. I think he'll be more of a #2 receiver because he's not particularly big or athletic compared to NFL receivers.

I think Baylor gave up 48 points to Liberty and is the worst team in CFB this year. The Big 12, in general, plays bad defense. OSU has an excellent college QB and enough talent on the outside that they can really stress a defense. My guess is Washington is able to physically beat many of the guys he plays against and Rudolph can get him the ball consistently.

I'm wrong all the time just like anyone who tries to predict how college players will be in the NFL. He didn't display any remarkable traits today. He has before, but I'm skeptical of him. Only time will tell.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I watched the entire game except for some of the second quarter when I took my kid to get a pumpkin. He wasn't really doubled teamed much, sometimes a cover 2 safety over the top. The corner, who I tried to look up but couldn't find, pretty much shut him down. I didn't see anything about him that looked like it would be above average at the next level. He didn't stand out physically. I think he'll be more of a #2 receiver because he's not particularly big or athletic compared to NFL receivers.

I think Baylor gave up 48 points to Liberty and is the worst team in CFB this year. The Big 12, in general, plays bad defense. OSU has an excellent college QB and enough talent on the outside that they can really stress a defense. My guess is Washington is able to physically beat many of the guys he plays against and Rudolph can get him the ball consistently.

I'm wrong all the time just like anyone who tries to predict how college players will be in the NFL. He didn't display any remarkable traits today. He has before, but I'm skeptical of him. Only time will tell.

Washington was real bad no doubt. Texas started doubling the kid across from him in the 4th quarter. I'm wondering if he played hurt yesterday. He didn't look like himself.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Washington was real bad no doubt. Texas started doubling the kid across from him in the 4th quarter. I'm wondering if he played hurt yesterday. He didn't look like himself.

Could be, I know he's been incredibly consistent this year. Didn't look like he ran too many different routes though. The Big 12 spread offenses tend not to ask their WRs to do too much in terms of refining routes. It's hard to think of too many Big12 WRs who are elite NFL players. Crabtree, Jordy, Tyreek, Maclin, really none except Tyreek in the last 5 years and he's an anomaly. I usually don't really worry about conference, but the Big 12 produces tons of high octane offenses with lots of big numbers but few really good NFL receivers.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like Washington, but Big 12 teams do not have any defensive talent and allow huge numbers.

But his ability to track the deep ball and adjust is pretty impressive.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
You draft players not positions. If a “Julio Jones”is there do still draft a OLB? If a “Laurence Taylor” is there do you draft a WR?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk