Close
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Bobby Breaks Niko's Face

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Looks like Lauri Markenen goes to the front at PF early.

Maybe now Paxon will do the obvious thing and trade a player (Mirotic) he should have traded long ago.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well thats one way to kick the season off.

Bye Portis.

good way to set the tank right.

shhhhhhhhhhhh. There is only one rule of fight club!! who is next?
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Axl Rose For This Useful Post:

Did Portis just graduate from Olin Kreutz's motivational sports camp?

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Ready to fight for this jersey! Can't wait! #BullsNation"
    By fight, he means chuck shots from 1/4 court.

Quote Originally Posted by crystallas View Post
    by fight, he means chuck shots from 1/3 court.
    fify

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Raskolnikov For This Useful Post:

Most interesting thing a Bulls player has done in years....

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaBaBlacksheep For This Useful Post:

You Can Call Me Al

You just know Niko pump faked 3 times before swinging.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:

Hoiberg was going to discipline them, but then he sat back down.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Raskolnikov For This Useful Post:

Interesting tanking strategy....beat the fuck out of each other. Got to to hand it to the Bulls for being innovative.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Diehardfan For This Useful Post:

Euro weakling lol

First time, long time. RiDLer80's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We've all had the urge to punch Nike in the face many times. Portis is just the one to finally do what we've all been feeling.
    WestEndZone.com

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This team is depressing.
    The very first Trubeliever

Hidden Content

While I hope he’s alright, I can’t say I’m upset. I’d much rather see what Lauri can do than watch Miroshit throw up bricks. Lauri should get some big minutes now.
    @RobMVP1
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RoseMVP1 View Post
    While I hope he’s alright, I can’t say I’m upset. I’d much rather see what Lauri can do than watch Miroshit throw up bricks. Lauri should get some big minutes now.
    my concern is what happens to Portis, and getting the right value back for Mirotic in a trade. Or does he want to go back home now?

You Can Call Me Al

Portis' contract should, and quite possibly will, be terminated.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    Portis' contract should, and quite possibly will, be terminated.
    why? what happened? bumps are exchanged, words, shoves and some fists....happens all the time. I'm not one to punish the stronger man because his fists are capable of breaking bones so easily.

The Bulls have no reason to waive Portis.

-#1 Sports are emotional and physical. Oh well. Many great players have had physical fights with teammates. Many scrubs as well. It's not always the same result. Sometimes players get closer and better because of it, sometimes it makes things worse.
    -#2 Bulls still need to inflate the value of any player they don't want to keep and actually get a return.
    -#3 Dude that can throw a mean punch can contribute to intimidation factor. Throw Portis out there against a cheap shot player to send messages.
    -#4 Forgiveness is divine? I'm of the school that redemption should always be on the table. His merit rank on the team should go down, but if they're already stuck paying him, doesn't hurt to see if he'll earn back his keep. But of course, if he doubles down and fucks up again, he should be gone.
    -#5 And Knee Jerking. Too soon, as usual. Put the jump to conclusion mat away. Stop grinding axes and trying to force prophecy. Blah blah, yeah, I know, must be a homer and accept mediocrity. Just step back, relax. Small shit like this will work itself out, maybe a blessing in disguise. Plus, it conflicts with #2.
    -#5 Deep down, about a quarter of the fanbase wanted to see someone punch that chucker square in the face. Not saying people wanted to see him seriously hurt, but something that would give this grown man a wake-up call and respect the game more than play for himself 90% of the time.

my 0.02

You Can Call Me Al

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas View Post
    The Bulls have no reason to waive Portis.

-#1 Sports are emotional and physical. Oh well. Many great players have had physical fights with teammates. Many scrubs as well. It's not always the same result. Sometimes players get closer and better because of it, sometimes it makes things worse.
    -#2 Bulls still need to inflate the value of any player they don't want to keep and actually get a return.
    -#3 Dude that can throw a mean punch can contribute to intimidation factor. Throw Portis out there against a cheap shot player to send messages.
    -#4 Forgiveness is divine? I'm of the school that redemption should always be on the table. His merit rank on the team should go down, but if they're already stuck paying him, doesn't hurt to see if he'll earn back his keep. But of course, if he doubles down and fucks up again, he should be gone.
    -#5 And Knee Jerking. Too soon, as usual. Put the jump to conclusion mat away. Stop grinding axes and trying to force prophecy. Blah blah, yeah, I know, must be a homer and accept mediocrity. Just step back, relax. Small shit like this will work itself out, maybe a blessing in disguise. Plus, it conflicts with #2.
    -#5 Deep down, about a quarter of the fanbase wanted to see someone punch that chucker square in the face. Not saying people wanted to see him seriously hurt, but something that would give this grown man a wake-up call and respect the game more than play for himself 90% of the time.

my 0.02
    1. Keyword being great. This is Bobby Portis we are talking about, a rotational player on a very bad team. This isn't MJ punching Steve Kerr in the face.
    2. Again, Portis is a rotational player and probably wouldn't crack the rotation on a lot of .500+ teams. You know whose trade value does need to be inflated? Mirotic. Especially early in the season did his trade value need to be inflated. Unfortunately, thanks to Bobby Portis that's not going to happen now.
    3. Nobody has been intimidated by Bobby Portis up to this point. You honestly think him knocking out some soft-ass Euro chucker is going to change that all of a sudden?
    4. I'm of the opinion that you haven't done anything for me over the course of your career, and now when the team is trying do something different, you give us this kind of press? Which leads me to....
    5. This wouldn't be a knee jerk reaction. You've spent all this time talking about the culture of your team, culture of the locker room. Yet when one of your own sends a team mate to the hospital, you're going to worry about the guy that's done nothing for you??
    6. I don't want to see Mirotic hurt, but I also don't want to see him playing for the Bulls anymore. One of the best ways that could have happened was him playing well to start the season. Again, that's not going to happen, because Bobby Portis went off and knocked him out.

I'm not absolving Mirotic of anything here - by all accounts he's the one who started all of this. The fact is that Mirotic is a much more valuable asset to the Bulls than Bobby Portis is, and by the direct result of Portis' actions an asset has been damaged. I don't think you could find me a better example of someone being a 'detriment to the team.'

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    1. Keyword being great. This is Bobby Portis we are talking about, a rotational player on a very bad team. This isn't MJ punching Steve Kerr in the face.
    2. Again, Portis is a rotational player and probably wouldn't crack the rotation on a lot of .500+ teams. You know whose trade value does need to be inflated? Mirotic. Especially early in the season did his trade value need to be inflated. Unfortunately, thanks to Bobby Portis that's not going to happen now.
    3. Nobody has been intimidated by Bobby Portis up to this point. You honestly think him knocking out some soft-ass Euro chucker is going to change that all of a sudden?
    4. I'm of the opinion that you haven't done anything for me over the course of your career, and now when the team is trying do something different, you give us this kind of press? Which leads me to....
    5. This wouldn't be a knee jerk reaction. You've spent all this time talking about the culture of your team, culture of the locker room. Yet when one of your own sends a team mate to the hospital, you're going to worry about the guy that's done nothing for you??
    6. I don't want to see Mirotic hurt, but I also don't want to see him playing for the Bulls anymore. One of the best ways that could have happened was him playing well to start the season. Again, that's not going to happen, because Bobby Portis went off and knocked him out.

I'm not absolving Mirotic of anything here - by all accounts he's the one who started all of this. The fact is that Mirotic is a much more valuable asset to the Bulls than Bobby Portis is, and by the direct result of Portis' actions an asset has been damaged. I don't think you could find me a better example of someone being a 'detriment to the team.'
    I guess you glanced over #1. But I disagree with you. This happens every year. Every player that is not currently some level of star is deemed to be at their ceiling. Every scrub that fucks up is at the end of their career for it. In reality, that only happens if people don't allow wounds to heal.

My main point, it's just waaaaaaaaaaaay too soon to know what to do with very little downside to keeping Portis. If there is MORE information that is unreleased to the fans, then sure, maybe there is a good reason to cut him. If he's a dick in the locker room for instance. If it's just because a long-term development player is not a legit starter in the NBA, no that's not a good reason. If he sucks, you bench him because he's young. You waive him because you have a better option. Right now, the Bulls for 2017-18 aren't really looking for better options FOR the 2017-18 season. So it's not going to help whatsoever to cut him, just because fans of this team don't seem to like anyone.

31. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast