Close
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 22 of 119
  1. #1
    Beast Pro Legend The Bringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    317
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Bobby Breaks Niko's Face


  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #2
    Senior Member Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,221
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Looks like Lauri Markenen goes to the front at PF early.

    Maybe now Paxon will do the obvious thing and trade a player (Mirotic) he should have traded long ago.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

  4. #3
    Dick Laurent Is Dead Axl Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    10,494
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Well thats one way to kick the season off.

    Bye Portis.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,221
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    good way to set the tank right.

    shhhhhhhhhhhh. There is only one rule of fight club!! who is next?
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

  6. #5
    Dick Laurent Is Dead Axl Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    10,494
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default


  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Axl Rose For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Three if by air Crystallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the beef gristle mill
    Posts
    19,797
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Did Portis just graduate from Olin Kreutz's motivational sports camp?

  9. #7
    Three if by air Crystallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the beef gristle mill
    Posts
    19,797
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Ready to fight for this jersey! Can't wait! #BullsNation"
    By fight, he means chuck shots from 1/4 court.

  10. #8
    Senior Member Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,221
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crystallas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    by fight, he means chuck shots from 1/3 court.
    fify
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Raskolnikov For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Senior Member BaBaBlacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14,111
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Most interesting thing a Bulls player has done in years....

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaBaBlacksheep For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    You just know Niko pump faked 3 times before swinging.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Senior Member Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,221
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Hoiberg was going to discipline them, but then he sat back down.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Raskolnikov For This Useful Post:


  18. #12
    Senior Member Diehardfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western Burbs
    Posts
    5,214
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Interesting tanking strategy....beat the fuck out of each other. Got to to hand it to the Bulls for being innovative.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Diehardfan For This Useful Post:


  20. #13
    Senior Member BEARZOMBIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,900
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Euro weakling lol

  21. #14
    First time, long time. RiDLer80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Suburbs
    Posts
    1,144
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    We've all had the urge to punch Nike in the face many times. Portis is just the one to finally do what we've all been feeling.
    WestEndZone.com

  22. #15
    Senior Member PolarBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,923
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    This team is depressing.
    The very first Trubeliever

    Hidden Content

  23. #16
    Senior Member RoseMVP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,125
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    While I hope he’s alright, I can’t say I’m upset. I’d much rather see what Lauri can do than watch Miroshit throw up bricks. Lauri should get some big minutes now.
    @RobMVP1
    Hidden Content

  24. #17
    Senior Member Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,221
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseMVP1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While I hope he’s alright, I can’t say I’m upset. I’d much rather see what Lauri can do than watch Miroshit throw up bricks. Lauri should get some big minutes now.
    my concern is what happens to Portis, and getting the right value back for Mirotic in a trade. Or does he want to go back home now?
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

  25. #18
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Portis' contract should, and quite possibly will, be terminated.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    Senior Member Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,221
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Portis' contract should, and quite possibly will, be terminated.
    why? what happened? bumps are exchanged, words, shoves and some fists....happens all the time. I'm not one to punish the stronger man because his fists are capable of breaking bones so easily.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

  28. #20
    Three if by air Crystallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the beef gristle mill
    Posts
    19,797
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    The Bulls have no reason to waive Portis.

    -#1 Sports are emotional and physical. Oh well. Many great players have had physical fights with teammates. Many scrubs as well. It's not always the same result. Sometimes players get closer and better because of it, sometimes it makes things worse.
    -#2 Bulls still need to inflate the value of any player they don't want to keep and actually get a return.
    -#3 Dude that can throw a mean punch can contribute to intimidation factor. Throw Portis out there against a cheap shot player to send messages.
    -#4 Forgiveness is divine? I'm of the school that redemption should always be on the table. His merit rank on the team should go down, but if they're already stuck paying him, doesn't hurt to see if he'll earn back his keep. But of course, if he doubles down and fucks up again, he should be gone.
    -#5 And Knee Jerking. Too soon, as usual. Put the jump to conclusion mat away. Stop grinding axes and trying to force prophecy. Blah blah, yeah, I know, must be a homer and accept mediocrity. Just step back, relax. Small shit like this will work itself out, maybe a blessing in disguise. Plus, it conflicts with #2.
    -#5 Deep down, about a quarter of the fanbase wanted to see someone punch that chucker square in the face. Not saying people wanted to see him seriously hurt, but something that would give this grown man a wake-up call and respect the game more than play for himself 90% of the time.

    my 0.02

  29. #21
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Bulls have no reason to waive Portis.

    -#1 Sports are emotional and physical. Oh well. Many great players have had physical fights with teammates. Many scrubs as well. It's not always the same result. Sometimes players get closer and better because of it, sometimes it makes things worse.
    -#2 Bulls still need to inflate the value of any player they don't want to keep and actually get a return.
    -#3 Dude that can throw a mean punch can contribute to intimidation factor. Throw Portis out there against a cheap shot player to send messages.
    -#4 Forgiveness is divine? I'm of the school that redemption should always be on the table. His merit rank on the team should go down, but if they're already stuck paying him, doesn't hurt to see if he'll earn back his keep. But of course, if he doubles down and fucks up again, he should be gone.
    -#5 And Knee Jerking. Too soon, as usual. Put the jump to conclusion mat away. Stop grinding axes and trying to force prophecy. Blah blah, yeah, I know, must be a homer and accept mediocrity. Just step back, relax. Small shit like this will work itself out, maybe a blessing in disguise. Plus, it conflicts with #2.
    -#5 Deep down, about a quarter of the fanbase wanted to see someone punch that chucker square in the face. Not saying people wanted to see him seriously hurt, but something that would give this grown man a wake-up call and respect the game more than play for himself 90% of the time.

    my 0.02
    1. Keyword being great. This is Bobby Portis we are talking about, a rotational player on a very bad team. This isn't MJ punching Steve Kerr in the face.
    2. Again, Portis is a rotational player and probably wouldn't crack the rotation on a lot of .500+ teams. You know whose trade value does need to be inflated? Mirotic. Especially early in the season did his trade value need to be inflated. Unfortunately, thanks to Bobby Portis that's not going to happen now.
    3. Nobody has been intimidated by Bobby Portis up to this point. You honestly think him knocking out some soft-ass Euro chucker is going to change that all of a sudden?
    4. I'm of the opinion that you haven't done anything for me over the course of your career, and now when the team is trying do something different, you give us this kind of press? Which leads me to....
    5. This wouldn't be a knee jerk reaction. You've spent all this time talking about the culture of your team, culture of the locker room. Yet when one of your own sends a team mate to the hospital, you're going to worry about the guy that's done nothing for you??
    6. I don't want to see Mirotic hurt, but I also don't want to see him playing for the Bulls anymore. One of the best ways that could have happened was him playing well to start the season. Again, that's not going to happen, because Bobby Portis went off and knocked him out.

    I'm not absolving Mirotic of anything here - by all accounts he's the one who started all of this. The fact is that Mirotic is a much more valuable asset to the Bulls than Bobby Portis is, and by the direct result of Portis' actions an asset has been damaged. I don't think you could find me a better example of someone being a 'detriment to the team.'

  30. #22
    Three if by air Crystallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the beef gristle mill
    Posts
    19,797
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Keyword being great. This is Bobby Portis we are talking about, a rotational player on a very bad team. This isn't MJ punching Steve Kerr in the face.
    2. Again, Portis is a rotational player and probably wouldn't crack the rotation on a lot of .500+ teams. You know whose trade value does need to be inflated? Mirotic. Especially early in the season did his trade value need to be inflated. Unfortunately, thanks to Bobby Portis that's not going to happen now.
    3. Nobody has been intimidated by Bobby Portis up to this point. You honestly think him knocking out some soft-ass Euro chucker is going to change that all of a sudden?
    4. I'm of the opinion that you haven't done anything for me over the course of your career, and now when the team is trying do something different, you give us this kind of press? Which leads me to....
    5. This wouldn't be a knee jerk reaction. You've spent all this time talking about the culture of your team, culture of the locker room. Yet when one of your own sends a team mate to the hospital, you're going to worry about the guy that's done nothing for you??
    6. I don't want to see Mirotic hurt, but I also don't want to see him playing for the Bulls anymore. One of the best ways that could have happened was him playing well to start the season. Again, that's not going to happen, because Bobby Portis went off and knocked him out.

    I'm not absolving Mirotic of anything here - by all accounts he's the one who started all of this. The fact is that Mirotic is a much more valuable asset to the Bulls than Bobby Portis is, and by the direct result of Portis' actions an asset has been damaged. I don't think you could find me a better example of someone being a 'detriment to the team.'
    I guess you glanced over #1. But I disagree with you. This happens every year. Every player that is not currently some level of star is deemed to be at their ceiling. Every scrub that fucks up is at the end of their career for it. In reality, that only happens if people don't allow wounds to heal.

    My main point, it's just waaaaaaaaaaaay too soon to know what to do with very little downside to keeping Portis. If there is MORE information that is unreleased to the fans, then sure, maybe there is a good reason to cut him. If he's a dick in the locker room for instance. If it's just because a long-term development player is not a legit starter in the NBA, no that's not a good reason. If he sucks, you bench him because he's young. You waive him because you have a better option. Right now, the Bulls for 2017-18 aren't really looking for better options FOR the 2017-18 season. So it's not going to help whatsoever to cut him, just because fans of this team don't seem to like anyone.

  31. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •