Close
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 23 to 44 of 119
  1. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess you glanced over #1. But I disagree with you. This happens every year. Every player that is not currently some level of star is deemed to be at their ceiling. Every scrub that fucks up is at the end of their career for it. In reality, that only happens if people don't allow wounds to heal.

    My main point, it's just waaaaaaaaaaaay too soon to know what to do with very little downside to keeping Portis. If there is MORE information that is unreleased to the fans, then sure, maybe there is a good reason to cut him. If he's a dick in the locker room for instance. If it's just because a long-term development player is not a legit starter in the NBA, no that's not a good reason. If he sucks, you bench him because he's young. You waive him because you have a better option. Right now, the Bulls for 2017-18 aren't really looking for better options FOR the 2017-18 season. So it's not going to help whatsoever to cut him, just because fans of this team don't seem to like anyone.
    I'd have to know much more about it to criticize either player other to say that skirmishes happen all of the time BUT to haul off and break a guy's jaw and give him a concussion, then he has to be suspended for a long time. There was also some "news" that Portis hit him with a sucker punch. What actually happened is not known but PROFESSIONAL basketball players cannot throw punches like that and remain for long in the sport. I remember when Rudy T. was knocked out by KErmit Washington a long time ago.

    ALso I might be the only Mirotic fan on this board but I do like the guy off of the bench and it will hurt the team losing him especially as bad as they are. OF course, this team was probably the worst in all of basketball before this happened so those wanting the team to tank are going to get their wish for sure.

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiDLer80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've all had the urge to punch Nike in the face many times. Portis is just the one to finally do what we've all been feeling.
    Really? Why?

  4. #25
    First time, long time. RiDLer80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Suburbs
    Posts
    1,147
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? Why?
    I'm sure Niko the person is a very nice guy.

    But Niko the NBA player is the most frustrating player we've had in years.
    WestEndZone.com

  5. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiDLer80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure Niko the person is a very nice guy.

    But Niko the NBA player is the most frustrating player we've had in years.
    He is somewhat frustrating but that might be because the expectations for him were so high. This kind of tells you, though, has massively BAD Paxson and his alien buddy, Gar, have been. Mirotic stands as one of the Bulls few offensive potential weapons.

  6. #27
    First time, long time. RiDLer80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Suburbs
    Posts
    1,147
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Niko is the worst shooting "shooting big man" in all the land.
    WestEndZone.com

  7. #28
    The World is Yours TonyMontana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,304
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Bobby Portis gave that fairy the North Side Kings to Glenn Danzig treatment. Also, just like the former Misfits lead singer, the Eurotrash POS started the fight and like the North Side Kings lead vocalist, Portis is a nobody.

    I ain't never fucked over anybody in my life who didn't have it coming to them.

  8. #29
    Senior Member anotheridiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    I have seen the crazy portis eyes, now we know it runs deep.

    I have read that they cannot even begin to fix Nikos face until the concussion is gone.

    My God, there has to be some civil litigation coming from Niko, Bobby concussed him?

    From the Portis side, here is a first round power forward, thinks Niko is a free agent, he has a shot to be the starter at PF, he agrees to spend a third summer in Vegas summer league to show he is committed, then they sign Niko and draft a PF. He then shows he should be committed.

    The left field angle is back to the coach. Here we are thinking that GarPax got rid of all the players standing in the way of Hoiberg being the brightest bulb in the drawer. But this shows these players have no respect for him either.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

  9. #30
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I've read/heard that Niko has been at the Advocate Center once since all of this happened, and that he hasn't returned any phone calls or texts. Then yesterday I read a report that he is considering leaving the team and going back to Europe. Has anyone else heard that, or have a reliable source on it? The place I read it didn't seem too reliable.

  10. #31
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,278
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've read/heard that Niko has been at the Advocate Center once since all of this happened, and that he hasn't returned any phone calls or texts. Then yesterday I read a report that he is considering leaving the team and going back to Europe. Has anyone else heard that, or have a reliable source on it? The place I read it didn't seem too reliable.
    I've also heard that Niko hasn't been responding to anything on his phone, but haven't seen or heard anything about him wanting to go back to Europe. He can go back for all I care though. Won't make much of a difference.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

  11. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Niko will go to Europe. His NBA career is done. He will sue and probably win.

  12. #33
    Senior Member Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,221
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Dude probably can't talk.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

  13. #34
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,278
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    He's probably so concussed he doesn't know how to talk or sue
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

  14. #35

  15. #36
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,278
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is probably a good thing either way since neither are any good and we have no use for 3 PFs anyway
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

  16. #37
    Senior Member Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,221
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    beat me to it.

    cliff notes: Mirotic's agents finally spoke up. Essentially desiring the Bulls to choose one or the other, Portis or Mirotic.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

  17. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,646

    Default

    What exactly happened that caused Portis to throw a punch in the first place?

    I'd get rid of both of them to be honest. Both aren't very good to begin with. Niko just isn't built for the NBA style of game. Had some promise and the excitement around him was legit, but it just hasn't translated. He probably wasn't put into the best situation with Thibs out of the gate either. I imagine he will ask to be released and go back to Europe never to be heard from again.

  18. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,646

    Default

    Niko might look good in Boston under Stevens who knows how to get creative with his players. With Gordon more or less out for the season probably, Bulls should eat one year of the deal get a pick (which Boston has a lot of) and move Niko.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Probie2429 For This Useful Post:


  20. #40
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Probie2429 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What exactly happened that caused Portis to throw a punch in the first place?
    From what I've gathered Niko went after Portis and shoved him twice before Portis threw the punch. The Bulls were very quick to say that this was not a sucker punch.

    I also read somewhere that this was a long time coming between these two.

  21. #41
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Probie2429 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Niko might look good in Boston under Stevens who knows how to get creative with his players. With Gordon more or less out for the season probably, Bulls should eat one year of the deal get a pick (which Boston has a lot of) and move Niko.
    Sounds great, but in no basketball world is Nikola Mirotic at this point worth a draft pick.

  22. #42
    Senior Member Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,221
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Boston or L.A. could use him, San Antonio maybe with Leonard out.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

  23. #43
    Dick Laurent Is Dead Axl Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    10,496
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Trade both.

  24. #44
    Senior Member Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,221
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I like Bobby Portis. We are going to need his grit if we trade Lopez, and right now neither Portis or Mirotic are worth much. That was why they are here, to get an opportunity to increase their trade value.

    If Portis shot improved a little each year he would be a good shooter. If Mirotic's shot selection would improve a little each year, he would be a good shooter. Unfortunately, it is clear beyond a reasonable doubt that our coaching staff cannot control Niko, or teach him what shot selection even means. Lost in translation I guess. And no attempt to bench him like pop would immediately after with a glare like


    "what in the goddamn fuck is wrong with you!!!" and then death stare at him on the bench for the remainder of the game no matter what is happening. Just stare at him for 35 minutes and go home. Maybe he would understand.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

  25. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •