Close
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 45 to 66 of 119
  1. #45
    Senior Member BEARZOMBIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,900
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-jahlil-okafor

    This would be a good bum for bum trade but I’m sure philly looking for a first which we won’t be giving up

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #46
    Silicon Valley CA Bears H RacerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,057
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Bobby Portis. We are going to need his grit if we trade Lopez, and right now neither Portis or Mirotic are worth much. That was why they are here, to get an opportunity to increase their trade value.

    If Portis shot improved a little each year he would be a good shooter. If Mirotic's shot selection would improve a little each year, he would be a good shooter. Unfortunately, it is clear beyond a reasonable doubt that our coaching staff cannot control Niko, or teach him what shot selection even means. Lost in translation I guess. And no attempt to bench him like pop would immediately after with a glare like


    "what in the goddamn fuck is wrong with you!!!" and then death stare at him on the bench for the remainder of the game no matter what is happening. Just stare at him for 35 minutes and go home. Maybe he would understand.
    We need grit from Portis? To what end, he is a never-was has-been and no-future as an NBA starter.

    Nothing matters this season or beyond as long as GarPax remain in control.

  4. #47
    Dick Laurent Is Dead Axl Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    10,494
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Niko for Okafor almost seems destined.

    (i don't really want Okafor though)

  5. #48
    Senior Member BEARZOMBIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,900
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    You don’t have to worry about it they likely don’t want Niko lol

  6. #49
    Three if by air Crystallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the beef gristle mill
    Posts
    19,797
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I love Okafor in a Bulls jersey. IMO it's a low risk, high-ceiling type of move. Firstly, nobody develops in Philly lately. Are the bulls that much better? Eh, yes, not a LOT better, but the environment(hometown) and Bulls situation might be the best option he'll get aside from a shake from some elite coach/assistant.
    Secondly, if he's genuinely a second-chance bust after leaving the cancerous Sixer system, then all it does it cement our draft odds.

    Nobody knows what Philly wants exactly. Niko doesn't need to be the chip thrown in, but if we stop getting conflicting rumors on what they want, maybe we can make some deal. Who knows.

  7. #50
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,277
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    http://www.nba.com/article/2017/11/1...-john-paxson#/

    Niko returned to practice today. Still won't talk to Bobby though
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

  8. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.nba.com/article/2017/11/1...-john-paxson#/

    Niko returned to practice today. Still won't talk to Bobby though
    Hopefully, he will cheap shot Portis and send him to the operating room.

  9. #52
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully, he will cheap shot Portis and send him to the operating room.
    So you want the guy currently 19/10 to be injured?

  10. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Niko got his ass blindsided. He got injured. He didn't get beat up in any kind of a fair fight. I think that Niko should take Portis into a back alley and challenge him and see what Portis does. IF he gets his ass kicked, that is fine. IF he wins, then fine also. But he needs to stand up for himself or he will be tagged as a pussy forever. He will be bullied around by every guy in the NBA unless he stands up for himself. And if he doesn't stand up for himself, he should leave the NBA for good.

  11. #54
    CCS Donator Ares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    23,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Niko got his ass blindsided. He got injured. He didn't get beat up in any kind of a fair fight. I think that Niko should take Portis into a back alley and challenge him and see what Portis does. IF he gets his ass kicked, that is fine. IF he wins, then fine also. But he needs to stand up for himself or he will be tagged as a pussy forever. He will be bullied around by every guy in the NBA unless he stands up for himself. And if he doesn't stand up for himself, he should leave the NBA for good.
    You're just mad the white guy lost.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:


  13. #55
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Niko got his ass blindsided. He got injured. He didn't get beat up in any kind of a fair fight. I think that Niko should take Portis into a back alley and challenge him and see what Portis does. IF he gets his ass kicked, that is fine. IF he wins, then fine also. But he needs to stand up for himself or he will be tagged as a pussy forever. He will be bullied around by every guy in the NBA unless he stands up for himself. And if he doesn't stand up for himself, he should leave the NBA for good.
    This is completely untrue. It has been widely reported that Niko came at Portis twice before Portis took a swing. You are 100% wrong about how this incident has been reported by many different sources.

  14. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're just mad the white guy lost.
    Fuck you. I am talking about getting bullied and fighting back. Race has nothing to do with what happened. Portis by all accounts cheap shotted Mirotic. IT is typical that you would insinuate that I am a racist since you have no honor yourself.

  15. #57
    Oh I member! Scoot26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25,693
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fuck you. I am talking about getting bullied and fighting back. Race has nothing to do with what happened. Portis by all accounts cheap shotted Mirotic. IT is typical that you would insinuate that I am a racist since you have no honor yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is completely untrue. It has been widely reported that Niko came at Portis twice before Portis took a swing. You are 100% wrong about how this incident has been reported by many different sources.
    Please see the above. Thanks.
    They pit the lifers against the new boy and the young against the old. The black against the white. Everything they do is to keep us in our place.


  16. #58
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoot26 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please see the above. Thanks.
    Why am I quoted in this?

  17. #59
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,277
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why am I quoted in this?
    Your post directly contradicts the Hawk's account of what occurred
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

  18. #60
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your post directly contradicts the Hawk's account of what occurred
    Oh I knew that. I just wanted to see what posting in Hawk-level dumb was like.

  19. #61
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,277
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh I knew that. I just wanted to see what posting in Hawk-level dumb was like.
    And how did it feel?
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

  20. #62
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Icky.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:


  22. #63
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your post directly contradicts the Hawk's account of what occurred
    By the way, I should point out: I'm not contradicting the Hawk. Instead it's ESPN1000, The Score, the Tribune, KC Johnson, Vincent Goodwill, Nick Friedel, The Vertical, and Woj.

    But I'm sure The Hawk has better sources than Woj.

  23. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is completely untrue. It has been widely reported that Niko came at Portis twice before Portis took a swing. You are 100% wrong about how this incident has been reported by many different sources.
    Liar. Virtually all of the media reports talk about teammates separating the two when Portis unloaded on Mirotic who was defenseless and being restrained by teammates. All outlets reported that is was a CHEAPSHOT after some shoving and pushing. This is why no one can trust what you say because you lie so much.

  24. #65
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Liar. Virtually all of the media reports talk about teammates separating the two when Portis unloaded on Mirotic who was defenseless and being restrained by teammates. All outlets reported that is was a CHEAPSHOT after some shoving and pushing. This is why no one can trust what you say because you lie so much.
    Please link said media reports.

  25. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your post directly contradicts the Hawk's account of what occurred
    Sure Anus did. But what that dick head doesn't realize is that people can read the internet and can see what media outlets reported. Read the shit yourself. The two guys tangled and were being separated when Portis unloaded on him, breaking bones and giving him a concussion. If it wasn't a cheap shot, by the way, why did Portis get suspended and not Mirotic? That would have happened if it was a fight between the two of them. Nope, Anus is such an idiot. He is only arguing because I called it a cheap shot and in his pathetic zeal to attack me he ignores facts.

  26. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •