Restructure Divisions and Expand NFL

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
AFC and NFC. Who cares, no one. however I like divisions because it keeps rivalries.

With the expansion into new countries, I think this is the perfect time to make changes

Add 4 teams
- London
- Toronto
- Portland
- Sydney

NFL season is shortened to 15 Games with 2 Byes

Any team traveling to Sydney or London gets a Bye the week before and After

DIvisons are restructured

Bears are in Central with
Green Bay
Detroit
Minnesota
Cleveland
Kansas City
Tennessee
Indianpolis
Cincinnati

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I am not in a position to comment in detail on the merits of your suggestion, I am curious if the talent pool would support expansion, not just today, but in the future. The NFL was already worried about the source for future players (thus the Play 60 campaign) before the CTE controversies, which I feel will only get worse over time as the numbers increase.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This London thing already takes players and teams out of their element. I don't see the benefit to this at all.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Can't tell if serious. But if you are there isn't enough talent to go around for the current 32 teams. Almost every team in the league this year is medicore to bad. Adding another 212 roster players would water it down even more.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube;p9J4y9p29O8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9J4y9p29O8[/video]

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Add four teams lol nfl is already lacking talent it can’t handle another 4 teams it will just make the product worse then what it is

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No to London and Sydney.

Also, why Portland?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
San Antonio,TX would be a good spot for an NFL team I could see Chargers, Rams or Raiders move there.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I’ll be jerk buzz killington here. The NFL would never support a shorter schedule. That’s a non-starter. Plus, not sure how the player’s union would feel about not one, but two overseas teams. Basing a team overseas is a logistical nightmare for many reasons. Hard to believe they’d double that nightmare right off the bat. And does Portland even want an NFL team? Does the West coast need yet another team?

LandStander

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You want to keep nfc north rivalries but screw the chiefs/raiders/broncos rivalries and the bengals/Steelers/browns rivalries?

Legaeveth

Liked Posts:
AFC and NFC. Who cares, no one. however I like divisions because it keeps rivalries.

With the expansion into new countries, I think this is the perfect time to make changes

Add 4 teams
- London
- Toronto
- Portland
- Sydney

Green Bay
Detroit
Minnesota
Cleveland
Kansas City
Tennessee
Indianpolis
Cincinnati

Like others have stated I don't think their is enough talent to justify such a large expansion.

IMO they need to create an offseason developmental league that runs from February-July. This will enable those who don't get drafted or wash out of preseason a chance to develop. I would also include those who are older who want to prove they can come back a shot. I'd look at it as an enhanced practice squad for all teams.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Add 8 teams to 40, one in each division. Go to 18 game schedule with two preseason games, the extra two games are against the new opponent in your division.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Football is likely to be lucky to keep the number of teams where it is at let alone expand. People are already turning the game off in significant numbers and it will likely get worse. The product is getting worse not better. Drugs are also ruining it. Too many bad guy players in the league. Now the flag issue in everyone's mind. Parents keeping their kids away from football because of head injuries will dry up the amount of available players. Already high schools are having trouble affording their programs as well as colleges.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Add 8 teams to 40, one in each division. Go to 18 game schedule with two preseason games, the extra two games are against the new opponent in your division.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That is nuts honestly. Adding 4 teams would already massively affect the influx of talent from the draft. Adding 8 teams would decimate it. That isn't even taking into account the added attrition of having to play 18 games plus the post season to even win a Super Bowl. Meaning that you're going to see a lot of absolutely shit Super Bowls where teams are going against each other with injuries affecting the end product. This would take some major changes to the league such as roster expansions and removing the game day roster limit to allow the full year long team roster to be active on game day. Otherwise shit will hit the fan on a major level and NFL football will be straight booty cheeks.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don't forget adding the cute little pull-a-way flags to each player's jersey. That's coming soon too.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Add 4 teams
- London
- Toronto
- Portland
- Sydney

Green Bay
Detroit
Minnesota
Cleveland
Kansas City
Tennessee
Indianpolis
Cincinnati
So teams that go to London or Sydney get a bye week, yet the London and Sydney teams are royally screwed. Seeing that they will play 7 or 8 games away from home, they won't get 7 or 8 bye weeks for their trips.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Add teams? We should be subtracting teams or move the teams with little fan bases to overseas markets if they want a Global audience.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Add 4 teams
- London
- Toronto
- Portland
- Sydney

Green Bay
Detroit
Minnesota
Cleveland
Kansas City
Tennessee
Indianpolis
Cincinnati

Dude what an interesting idea, A team in London, Kentucky, Toronto, Ohio, Portland Maine and Sydney, Illinois to rival the Bears?
I am all in, if we get rid of Green Bay.