Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Carolina run defense takes a huge hit without Keuchly. Did you guys see how he got his concussion? Much like his infamous concussion, this one also looked like it had absolutely nothing to do with his head. He’s getting concussed from random hits to his body. Dude needs to retire.

Take a look at this play...

[video=youtube_share;mnCWNFoZlnY]https://youtu.be/mnCWNFoZlnY[/video]

Reminds how worried we all were about Floyd. Nice to see he's been clean so far this year.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
250 yards passing this week, give or take 25.

mecha

Liked Posts:
considering the brutal defenses they've faced up to this point and the running game is still for whatever reason successful, I'm going to say he puts up shitty Russell Wilson passing stats, with 50% accuracy just to ramp up the shit factor.

at this juncture I've just accepted that this is a) a significant upgrade from Glennon and b) Trubisky is gaining live fire experience to acclimate to NFL speed/defenses. he's not throwing for even 2000 yards this year.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I just want him to start getting some audible options and not staring at 10 man fronts and not throw the damn football over that surge.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don’t think people understand how bad the WR situation is. It’s not like the Bears just have really bad NFL receivers who can’t get open, like a young QB on a shitty to mediocre team has to deal with a lot. The Bears have ONE active NFL receiver. None of these other guys would even be in the league under any other circumstances. These aren’t bad NFL receivers. They’re non-NFL receivers.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't think he's going to be opening it up this year unless we play some horrendous defenses.

Russ Wilson was pretty buttoned up his rookie year until late in the season. Hopefully Mitch gets to spread his wings this year.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yes, that is the way it seems. But his press conference and the team we face make me curious.

Carolina is #3 against the run I believe, and while Keuchly shuts it all down side to side, like Urlacher the biggest bonus he brings is a massive passing no fly zone with long arms, range, instincts of a safety.

He isn't making an elite run D by himself. Davis is more that linebacker, and they have a good run D line.

I'd love to see the Bears throw a change up and try to surprise them with pass heavy offense in first.

Carolina is 7th against the run and are giving up 4yds a clip. We have the 3rd best rushing offense. The Panthers have gone up against two 20th ranked rushing offenses a 25th and 27th ranked. The Eagles have the 5th best rushing O, but even with success early on, they kinda abandoned it early. Being here in SC, I can tell you that their defense can definitely be run on. With or without Kuechly.

I don't doubt they'll mix it up more than the Ravens game, but there will be a heavy run focus this game as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

proton

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately Patton Oswalt seems to be setting up the offensive game plan making Trubisky do what the Bears want to do rather than adapting it to what he is good at.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t think people understand how bad the WR situation is. It’s not like the Bears just have really bad NFL receivers who can’t get open, like a young QB on a shitty to mediocre team has to deal with a lot. The Bears have ONE active NFL receiver. None of these other guys would even be in the league under any other circumstances. These aren’t bad NFL receivers. They’re non-NFL receivers.

You are correct. This is still a very weak team offensively. That is the truth. I think that they beat a team in disarray last weak in the Ravens and barely at that. Fox is still a terrible game coach, our tackles are still shit and our center cannot snap the ball accurately. I am just glad that they are getting Trubisky onto the field to learn the NFL.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unfortunately Patton Oswalt seems to be setting up the offensive game plan making Trubisky do what the Bears want to do rather than adapting it to what he is good at.

I don't think our pass O is quite up to dictating to defenses just yet.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
I know after the first 2 games, people people think we'll just run on everyone.

I honestly think this is just the nature of playing good defenses while getting Trubisky more comfortable.

I think Loggains will be ready to pass when the time comes. Maybe this game, maybe the next few. Remember, Barkely of all people put up a bunch of 300 yard games with Thompson and Bellamy as his main targets, so when we play some of these average defenses later in the year, I expect we'll really get to see what Trubisky can do.

Teams will eventually load the box and that will open up opportunities.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I know after the first 2 games, people people think we'll just run on everyone.

I honestly think this is just the nature of playing good defenses while getting Trubisky more comfortable.

I think Loggains will be ready to pass when the time comes. Maybe this game, maybe the next few. Remember, Barkely of all people put up a bunch of 300 yard games with Thompson and Bellamy as his main targets, so when we play some of these average defenses later in the year, I expect we'll really get to see what Trubisky can do.

Teams will eventually load the box and that will open up opportunities.

Yes without a doubt team will load the box, but do we honestly have the passing game to take advantage of the matchup. I know we are only 2 games in, but so far our passing game will not likely force anyone to play 2 deep safeties like the Ravens did.

Washington

Liked Posts:
While "opening it up" sure sounds like a fun and good thing to do, it will be easier said than done with our WRs. Balt jammed the WRs, particularly McBride and Gentry and they struggled to get into their routes and get open. I expect that to be the mantra of the Ds we face until we can prove we can open it up. Mitch is going to have to focus on using his TEs far more. Unfortunately, I think we're in a real pickle this year offensively due to the shit show we have at WR. I feel bad for Mitch.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't believe I am saying this...but does anyone know when we are due to get White back into the WR rotation?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't believe I am saying this...but does anyone know when we are due to get White back into the WR rotation?

maxresdefault.jpg

Washington

Liked Posts:

That there really shows how bad the status quo is for this team at WR. Very valid question - unfortunately - given the current state of affairs.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Dr. Pareka says that White could conceivably return to play in six to ten weeks. If that time table jibes with what the Bears’ doctors discover, then White would be a candidate to come off of injured reserve after eight weeks. Players that come off IR can start practicing with the team after six weeks.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2017/9/11/16289934/chicago-bears-kevin-white-injury-update-injured-reserve-injury-return-season-2017-nfl-report

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
I would really like to see this happen. Just to see what Mitch can do. I've seen him very accurate at times and watched him overthrow wide open receivers. Would be nice to see what he's got with a game plan designed to let him throw it around.

dawags

Liked Posts:
If our defense keeps the score close, we'll run alot, if not, we'll pass more.