Chance Trubisky opens it up against Carolina

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ravens were middle of the road, to bad at run D coming in. Had been giving about 130 a game. They were not the type of team however, where it was easy sledding. Clearly with the 3-4 and some big athletes, they could slow the run game of even a determined team...but these Bears are top 5 elite level run squad, eventually broke them down. A team with a good offense would have put us down and broke our plan with their offense probably.

Carolina is a different animal. We are going to have to pass, and I think Loggains will know that coming in. The gameplan this week should unleash the rest of the obsurd creativity and open up the passing game.

I am looking forward to what Trubisky can do with Wright, TE's, and running backs plus pretend WR's. Keuchly will be back,so not throwing a pick to that guy would be a win for a rookie.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hope he can gain some traction with Gentry. He was open on several plays last game, but Trubisky missed him either due to pressure or he didn't let the play develop.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I suppose he could just throw a bunch to Zach Miller and Tarik Cohen. Not sure who else can catch a ball or get open, and Trubisky isn’t going to force it.

Truth be told, guys, I don’t see Trubisky getting 200 yards in a game until they get better receivers, or until they’re down by a bunch in a game and *have* to throw it a bunch.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
The weather may dictate some of this too. Current Sunday forecast for Chicago is 90% chance of rain with 10-20mph winds. The question is whether it's going to be during the game or a little later in the day. Could end up being a run heavy day again.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I don't think they will unless we get down by 3 scores or we get into some crunch time. They're going to want to do the same thing against the Panthers as they did to the Ravens. Rely on the run game, throw when necessary and hope the D gets 3 and outs and comes up with a few turnovers. Most likely, Fox will want to keep Cam off the field as much as he can because he can be such a threat when plays break down

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carolina run defense takes a huge hit without Keuchly. Did you guys see how he got his concussion? Much like his infamous concussion, this one also looked like it had absolutely nothing to do with his head. He’s getting concussed from random hits to his body. Dude needs to retire.

Take a look at this play...

[video=youtube_share;mnCWNFoZlnY]https://youtu.be/mnCWNFoZlnY[/video]

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Don't think he's going to be opening it up this year unless we play some horrendous defenses.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't think he's going to be opening it up this year unless we play some horrendous defenses.

yes, that is the way it seems. But his press conference and the team we face make me curious.

Carolina is #3 against the run I believe, and while Keuchly shuts it all down side to side, like Urlacher the biggest bonus he brings is a massive passing no fly zone with long arms, range, instincts of a safety.

He isn't making an elite run D by himself. Davis is more that linebacker, and they have a good run D line.

I'd love to see the Bears throw a change up and try to surprise them with pass heavy offense in first.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Carolina run defense takes a huge hit without Keuchly. Did you guys see how he got his concussion? Much like his infamous concussion, this one also looked like it had absolutely nothing to do with his head. He’s getting concussed from random hits to his body. Dude needs to retire.

Take a look at this play...

[video=youtube_share;mnCWNFoZlnY]https://youtu.be/mnCWNFoZlnY[/video]

I just watched him hit his head in that video. Are you concussed lol?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just watched him hit his head in that video. Are you concussed lol?

When i watched it live, I assumed it was a shoulder. Concussion never came into my mind.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Everybody is expecting us to come in and run it again and play conservative.

1st play - PA bootleg, go deep to Miller on a corner route.

The Bears don't even need to establish the run at this point going in...teams already expect it and know it can be productive. Hit them with two passes to start the game and make them respect the pass early in this one.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Ravens were middle of the road, to bad at run D coming in. Had been giving about 130 a game. They were not the type of team however, where it was easy sledding. Clearly with the 3-4 and some big athletes, they could slow the run game of even a determined team...but these Bears are top 5 elite level run squad, eventually broke them down. A team with a good offense would have put us down and broke our plan with their offense probably.

Carolina is a different animal. We are going to have to pass, and I think Loggains will know that coming in. The gameplan this week should unleash the rest of the obsurd creativity and open up the passing game.

I am looking forward to what Trubisky can do with Wright, TE's, and running backs plus pretend WR's. Keuchly will be back,so not throwing a pick to that guy would be a win for a rookie.

Kuechly isn't practicing so I'm not sure he's going to play.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I sure hope so. This is going to be a boring year waiting to get a good play or two, just enough to get by.

Could end up being a run heavy day again.

Wasn't Trubisky throwing in a hurricane?

He’s getting concussed from random hits to his body. Dude needs to retire.

Not so random. Looked like to his neck.
I got one (seemingly) because my face mask got pushed down against my nose.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Open it up? Give me a break. He's got nobody who can get open. Kind of a waste of an elite passer, wouldn't you say?

bugg

Liked Posts:
I think Trubisky is gonna have some good games this year. Just watching him throw I really get a sense of pressure, like he's gonna make some plays if the opposing defense doesnt step it up

i'm more worried about trubisky's experience and the playcalling than the WRs honestly

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everybody is expecting us to come in and run it again and play conservative.

1st play - PA bootleg, go deep to Miller on a corner route.

The Bears don't even need to establish the run at this point going in...teams already expect it and know it can be productive. Hit them with two passes to start the game and make them respect the pass early in this one.

As Loggains pointed out, the Ravens played 2 deep safeties almost the entire game. And the edge rushers were not fooled by any of the bootlegs. They had Suggs specifically spy on Trubisky during multiple plays. Whatever happened in that game, the Ravens did not want Trubisky beating them. So to assume that teams will be selling out to stop the run is a bit foolish.

Trubisky bootleg

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol I was thinking the same thing

tenor.gif

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
As Loggains pointed out, the Ravens played 2 deep safeties almost the entire game. And the edge rushers were not fooled by any of the bootlegs. They had Suggs specifically spy on Trubisky during multiple plays. Whatever happened in that game, the Ravens did not want Trubisky beating them. So to assume that teams will be selling out to stop the run is a bit foolish.

Trubisky bootleg

Well then they get gashed by Jordan Howard all game like the Ravens did...The Ravens lost the game and got a 200 yard rushing game put on them, why would any team want to replicate what they did? Call a bootleg, get to the line..."Oh there is two deep safeties" Check to a run and let's go to town.

Be ahead of the curve.