IGT: NLCS Chicago vs Los Angeles Game 5

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
I cant understand how you can lose to this dodgers team. They have nobody in their lineup other than Turner that is any good. I know they have good pitching, but still.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Cubs have lots of question marks with the pitching staff heading into next year. Theo and crew need to be on their game since they literally have zero arms that are producing out of the minors.

I think they’ll trade for a starter with a roster player. They’ll find pen arms. They’ve work to do but as long as the core is here I’m not concerned

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The good news is that I scored tickets for the Tedeschi Trucks Band, greatest live band in the world

Tedeschi%20Trucks%20Band

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Our team plays baseball in October. Every fucking year. We won a World Series. Another fun year of baseball. I’m good.
Agreed. 3 straight NLCS. There are a lot of fan bases who would give their left nut for a team/organization that good.

casinnova

Liked Posts:
this looks like a fucking little league game.... raiders vs chiefs is way better. haha

casinnova

Liked Posts:
Agreed. 3 straight NLCS. There are a lot of fan bases who would give their left nut for a team/organization that good.

Double agreed. Happy the Cubs won the division, but actually I'd rather have seen Nats vs Dodgers. Woulda been a better series.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Time to wear the rally hat

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Someone performed the Heimlich on Bryant

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Like sox fans...

Some are already starting , i guess they feel like they won something, their all happy now..

Sad thing for them though this time next year cubs will still be playing again and theyll be watching

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I cant understand how you can lose to this dodgers team. They have nobody in their lineup other than Turner that is any good. I know they have good pitching, but still.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

They won 100+ and have a rookie who hit 39 HRs this year, asshat.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
After the Cubs won the World Series, I actually wondered if it would kill the up and down emotion of watching them play going forward.

But I quickly learned that losing still really really sucks.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like sox fans...

Some are already starting , i guess they feel like they won something, their all happy now..

Sad thing for them though this time next year cubs will still be playing again and theyll be watching

Sorta related to this...i think White Sox fans started to sound dumb boasting about 2005 in about 2010 so I figure there's about a 5 year win again or shut up rule.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Sorta related to this...i think White Sox fans started to sound dumb boasting about 2005 in about 2010 so I figure there's about a 5 year win again or shut up rule.
They were still boasting before oct. Oct of 2016.lol

as long as the same core still together and their still contending you get to puff your fan chest...

But

If they fail to make playoffs the next couple years and core players start leaving...

Gotta start over from scratch as a fan

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I read somewhere that the White Sox have never been to the playoffs in back to back seasons. Cubs just made the final 4 three straight times. White Sox fans should have zero to say.....next time they catch lightning in a bottle for more than a year, come talk to us.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Is Contreras the only Cubs hitter who hits to all fields?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Is Contreras the only Cubs hitter who hits to all fields?
I think the Cubs need to look hard at their hitting coach over the winter for his role in this. When they try to pull outside pitches INTO A SHIFT maybe it's bad coaching or just willful players.

Brawlers

Liked Posts:
Other than Almora's two run homer in Game 3, the Cubs have scored all of their runs by solo homers. This is one of the most pathetic displays of hitting I've witnessed by a playoff team. The Cubs could of had allstars from top to bottom on their staff and still lost this series.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I think the Cubs need to look hard at their hitting coach over the winter for his role in this. When they try to pull outside pitches INTO A SHIFT maybe it's bad coaching or just willful players.
Maddon already said no matter what happens he inviting all coaches back next year

greg23

Liked Posts:
Other than Almora's two run homer in Game 3, the Cubs have scored all of their runs by solo homers. This is one of the most pathetic displays of hitting I've witnessed by a playoff team. The Cubs could of had allstars from top to bottom on their staff and still lost this series.

5 games almost in the books

8 runs
7 home runs
16 other hits
5 walks

8th place hitters in entire playoffs.....0-32

Wash series wasn't much better....just an awful 10 game stretch

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Honestly I'm not that upset. Dodgers are just clearly the better team. Cubs still haven't scored on their bullpen where as the cubs bullpen has obviously been a bit of a train wreck. Only thing that is kind of annoying to me is the way the are going out. Was a pretty great series despite the cubs losing until tonight. Game 5 is obviously going to leave a pretty sour note on the whole season even more so than just losing.

Hopefully the loss will give the team perspective and a goal headed into next season. I mean this series was better than the 2015 NLCS IMO and obviously the cubs came into 2016 on a mission.