Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

IGT 2017-18 Bulls Season All Purpose Game Thread

Ready for a jaw dropping season?

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Down 20

badababa im lovin it.

Kay Felder looked like a pro out there. Lauri wasn't really respected out there in the second half. So anyone looking at the box score might think he played alright, but really, he wasn't challenged that often. He did hit a tough shot, but that's really it.

Nothing really stuck out. And of course, not looking for wins, just looking for entertainment and development at this point.

Seriously who should we take at number one overall at the end of the season and how are we going to screw it up? This team is going to be historically bad.
    I rock it for Jesus and live the dream!
    I support The Anti-Diva Paige
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyt237 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously who should we take at number one overall at the end of the season and how are we going to screw it up? This team is going to be historically bad.
    Going to be the worst Bulls team of all time. Thanks a lot Reinny

The team is terrible but its good to see them scrapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
    The team is terrible but its good to see them scrapping.
    "Scrapping"? It is only the 2nd game of the season. 90% of these guys do not even deserve to be in the NBA and through some Bull's stupidity they actually made an NBA roster Of course they are "scrapping". What they are doing is getting paid a lot of money to be on a team that they do not deserve to be on. Anyone who goes to watch this team is stupid. Don't show up, Bulls fans. Reinny doesn't deserve you. Fuck him, and Paxson and Gar and Hoiberg. THe team is hopeless and someone needs to pay for that. And that is Reinny

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Hawk For This Useful Post:

Honestly Hawk I agree. Punish him for this. He traded a popular player with two years left on his contract. Should have let Butler choose a coach, made him happy, and cleared cap to pay his best friends from USA basketball and summer time max contracts. They could have tried a speedy rebuild(same as white sox) and hoped for the best, that is how it works in the NBA. Always could have traded him at the trade dealine in last year.

NBA starters- Lopez-Lavine

future NBA starters- Dunn/Lauri

NBA contributers- Mirotic

future NBA contributers- Portis, Valentine

Honestly....this is my team grades. I could be too hard on Zipser leaving him out. He is maybe a low tier contributor, like Grant is a 3rd string point guard type, 3rd string SF contributor if you have an injury....yeah Zipser.

I would trade Lopez, Mirotic, Zipser, and Valentine for a late first or two, couple seconds. I don't think they are really going anywhere. Valentine is clutch but not enough to make up for his knees, defense, lack of athletic ability, and poor shooting the rest of the time. I don't understand why he isn't a point guard. Isn't he a point guard? passer. He played best with the ball in his hand at Michigan St.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Raskolnikov For This Useful Post:

I really like what I’ve seen from Lauri. I want to see how he does once he’s more on the scouting report and defenses adjust to him, but I do think he’s the real deal. Hopefully we’re able to pair him with a guy like Michael Porter
    @RobMVP1
    Hidden Content

LeBron on Markkanen

"Very confident," James said of Markkanen. "Watched him a lot at Arizona. Watched him a lot. He wore my shoe a couple times ... he wore my retro Brons a couple times. I like that. I had to stay up very late to watch those Arizona games. A very confident kid, shoot the heck out of the ball. He's going to continue to get better. The best thing about it is he's getting an opportunity. If he makes mistakes, he can learn on the fly, but he's going to play a lot. He's good. It seems like he's learning. He's a good player."

Quote Originally Posted by RoseMVP1 View Post
    I really like what I’ve seen from Lauri. I want to see how he does once he’s more on the scouting report and defenses adjust to him, but I do think he’s the real deal. Hopefully we’re able to pair him with a guy like Michael Porter
    Well 17 first half points and 2 second half points and sitting on the bench when the game got to 100 with 8 minutes left.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar

Lebron likes Markkanen so I guess that counts for something. I just find it hilarious that the Cavs started Lebron at PG and yet only won by 7.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

You Can Call Me Al

I love the proximity bias in some of you who think this will be a historically bad team. The 76ers and Nets of the last 3-5 years would like to speak with you.

This probably isn't even the worst team in franchise history.

LeBron also liked VDN. He's just playing that NBA ambassador role.

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    Honestly Hawk I agree. Punish him for this. He traded a popular player with two years left on his contract. Should have let Butler choose a coach, made him happy, and cleared cap to pay his best friends from USA basketball and summer time max contracts. They could have tried a speedy rebuild(same as white sox) and hoped for the best, that is how it works in the NBA. Always could have traded him at the trade dealine in last year.

NBA starters- Lopez-Lavine

future NBA starters- Dunn/Lauri

NBA contributers- Mirotic

future NBA contributers- Portis, Valentine

Honestly....this is my team grades. I could be too hard on Zipser leaving him out. He is maybe a low tier contributor, like Grant is a 3rd string point guard type, 3rd string SF contributor if you have an injury....yeah Zipser.

I would trade Lopez, Mirotic, Zipser, and Valentine for a late first or two, couple seconds. I don't think they are really going anywhere. Valentine is clutch but not enough to make up for his knees, defense, lack of athletic ability, and poor shooting the rest of the time. I don't understand why he isn't a point guard. Isn't he a point guard? passer. He played best with the ball in his hand at Michigan St.
    I agree. I like Mirotic but I think that his career is probably shot after getting laid out by Porter. He also probably has a big lawsuit ahead of him. Hoiberg also is probably in trouble for allowing this to have escalated like he apparently did. All of the shit, of course, goes back to Reinny and who he hires and fires. SOmewhere in Minny Thibs is laughing his head off.

Well....Nwamba had a game. Valentine and him combined for 20 rebounds.

First win!!!

Also realize Atlanta might be better at tanking than the Bulls. Just look at that roster. Bazemore, Bellnielli, and Plumlee are highlights. omg.

With Shroeder out they literally have zero explosive/athletic ability.

Count them for sure in the trying to break records of suck club. I may have underestimated how bad some other teams like the Hawks could be.

I believe there are 2 elite players in this draft who would usually be number 1's. By the time we get there, a 3rd should emerge from college season/europe.

This last draft had Jackson/Tatum/Ball

This one should be just as deep at the top.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

Well it looks like they finally drafted a 3 point shooter that can actually hit 3's and not just shoot them. Markkanen will certainly have a place in this league.

You Can Call Me Al

Markkanen will have a long NBA career.

Zach LaVine signs a $35 million endorsement deal with Adidas

After receiving strong interest from several footwear brands, Chicago Bulls guard Zach LaVine has agreed to terms with Adidas on a four-year endorsement deal that could be worth as much as $35 million, industry sources told ESPN on Thursday.

LaVine, 22, has yet to play this season as he recovers from a torn left ACL suffered in February but hopes to be the future face of both the Bulls franchise and the Adidas brand.

"I was looking for a partner that would grow with me as my career continues to unfold," LaVine said to ESPN. "Adidas convinced me that I have a chance to legitimately become a face of the brand."

The former 13th pick of the 2014 draft had worn Nike throughout his first three seasons in the league, with Nike retaining a "match clause" over any potential offer sheet from a competing brand this fall. After reviewing the offer this week, Nike officially waived the clause, according to sources, finalizing LaVine's agreement with Adidas.

Adidas currently features James Harden, Damian Lillard and Derrick Rose as guards with a signature sneaker, and Kristaps Porzingis and Joel Embiid serving as cornerstones at the center position. With Minnesota Timberwolves forward Andrew Wiggins' Adidas contract set to expire next fall, amid some internal uncertainty of his long-term marketing potential, and emerging players like Brandon Ingram, Jaylen Brown and Kelly Oubre Jr.. still developing, there's an open lane for a wing scorer to step in and elevate their profile with the brand.

The deal is also structured in a way to reward LaVine, a two-time Slam Dunk Contest champion who averaged 18.9 points last season with the Timberwolves, should he break out as an All-Star level player once he returns from the injury.

"It's a different contract than anything we've done recently," a brand source said.

Once Zach LaVine eventually suits up for the Bulls, he'll do so wearing Adidas sneakers. AP Photo/G-Jun Yam
    By locking in the lucrative four-year deal now, negotiated by Nima Namakian of BDA Sports, LaVine is also set to enter sneaker free agency again at age 26, just as he's entering the prime of his career and the Bulls have also potentially improved as a rebuilding team.

"Adidas made a strong commitment, coupled with significant upside and flexibility," Namakian said. "Equally as important, their vision and belief in Zach becoming an icon athlete and foundational figure of the brand over time really resonated with him."

The deal continues Adidas' shift in its strategy of signing NBA players. With its official league partnership expiring earlier this year and no longer manufacturing uniforms for all 30 NBA teams, the brand will focus on younger players with All-Star level potential, versus signing a sea of players simply for sheer visibility.

LaVine said he was drawn to Adidas for its "brand presence already in Chicago" -- former Bull and MVP Derrick Rose has a deal with the brand -- and a focus on its lifestyle line.

"The direction the company is going in from a branding perspective has been impressive," LaVine said. "In recent years, they've been innovative and creative with both their marketing strategies and products. The way they positioned themselves and explained to me that I'd lead their next wave of players was huge."
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...e-signs-adidas

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
    Zach LaVine signs a $35 million endorsement deal with Adidas

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...e-signs-adidas

dat curse is real

26. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast