2017-18 Bulls Season All Purpose Game Thread

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Interesting game so far. On the surface nobody is trying overly hard. But watching some matchups, you can see players putting their ducks in a row for former teams.

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;JTQXXr9rMrg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTQXXr9rMrg[/video]

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Lavine is going to be such an animal once he gets full game shape and works on a few more aspects of his game. The guy gets to the basket with ease

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube;JTQXXr9rMrg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTQXXr9rMrg[/video]
Was at this game. Heck of a game. Was really fun watching Zach duel Jimmy at the end.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
According to Bleacher Report, Bulls are gonna swap Rolo and Holiday for Felicio and Nwaba for the rest of the season. Let's see how well their tank attempt works.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
According to Bleacher Report, Bulls are gonna swap Rolo and Holiday for Felicio and Nwaba for the rest of the season. Let's see how well their tank attempt works.

Actually that was according to Paxson, who said it to the media yesterday. Cam Payne will be the backup PG. Which basically assures that Cam Payne will play his way into getting 6th man of the year votes.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually that was according to Paxson, who said it to the media yesterday. Cam Payne will be the backup PG. Which basically assures that Cam Payne will play his way into getting 6th man of the year votes.
The return of Cam Payne. The tank effort is in full effect

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Really bad optics there.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Felicio has been terrible when he's been on the floor this year. Payne is just fucking garbage and should be overseas, so both moves should help with the tank. I'd argue that Nwaba over Holiday is actually an upgrade, but with his inability to shoot, maybe paired with Felicio and Dunn he won't be as good. I guess we'll also see what we have with Vonleh as well.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think the Bulls are banking on drafting a center. Two good ones in the top of the draft, so they need to increase odds fast, because 2/3rds of the league have been waffling on the idea of tanking or flat out tank mode.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I think the Bulls are banking on drafting a center. Two good ones in the top of the draft, so they need to increase odds fast, because 2/3rds of the league have been waffling on the idea of tanking or flat out tank mode.

I'm going to assume Doncic and Ayton go 1-2 in the draft and that the Bulls won't be picking that high. Do you think they go Bamba over Porter if both players are available?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

I can't see going after a center. Doesn't seem to fit the model of what Fred wants to see out of his offense.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I can't see going after a center. Doesn't seem to fit the model of what Fred wants to see out of his offense.

I'm not sure Hoiberg will coach whoever they draft.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm going to assume Doncic and Ayton go 1-2 in the draft and that the Bulls won't be picking that high. Do you think they go Bamba over Porter if both players are available?

LOL, I don't know what they will do. It just seems like stockpiling project guards, stashing backup centers, and making changes for in-game development now make it seem like they want to test more backups in the drivers seat. Dunn has likely sold GarPax for 18-19 and we have depth at PF(beyond that of a top 5 pick), so that leaves a gaping hole at center.

If the Pelicans draft placing pans out, then they might nab someone to help play small ball, but only because they think the Pels pick will get someone like Bamba. That's going to be a fun one to watch for as the season finalizes and lotto balls roll out.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm not sure Hoiberg will coach whoever they draft.

Disagree. He'd get at least four years, no way would they fire him with two years remaining. That said, hearing Paxson on the radio yesterday, and throughout the course of the year, they seem to actually be thinking realistically about how a rebuild is supposed to look. So I wouldn't be surprised to see Fred ride this one out. With the lone exception of the cash considerations trade, this hasn't been your typical GarPax year. That's a low bar, but they leaped over it.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I agree that it's less likely the Bulls fire Fred. But I do believe it's more likely he will get poached by a big college program. Between those two, I wouldn't be sure on Fred being a Bull next year.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I agree that it's less likely the Bulls fire Fred. But I do believe he will get poached by a big college program.

Oh, well you should have said that then. Yeah, I guess that does seem the more likely possibility, especially if the Yahoo reports on big time coaches about to fall.