The Bears have a Top 10 Defense

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The rankings mean nothing really. It's all about forcing turnovers which the Bears D has shown it can't do last game notwithstanding.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leonard Floyd is about to terrorize the league. He’s been under the radar so far as it pertains to stats, but the progress has been there and he broke out last week.

Floyd has been developing new pass rush moves, like this spin move...

Floyd spin move

And he’s run into some bad luck so far, for example the Aaron Rodgers 60 yard pass to Jordy Nelson where Floyd was aboot to cripple Rodgers until the TE dragged him down with a blatant hold...

Floyd hold

TrilliamShakespeare

Liked Posts:
The problem is, none of these guys are playmakers. Goldman, freeman and Hicks are all nice players but none of them need to be game planned for. In order for a defense to be good, you need impact players, preferably one at each level. This defense is good enough to keep us in games, but we aren't winning any games because of the defense. Combine that with an offense that can't score points, you have a recipe for <6 wins. Which is where I think we'll end up.

Did you not watch last week's game?

and Hicks is definitely a playmaker.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m most impressed with the secondary and can admit I was dead wrong on it, I felt Pace blew it by not getting a top tier CB but his plan b has worked so hats off.

The problem I have is these one year deals for average players in the $7 million range have cost us picks in the compensatory game. Media freak out about losing a 3rd for Trubisky which was totally worth it, but are silent to the fact we lost similar picks to sign guys like Wheaton lol. Clueless hacks.

Sure was a lot of bitching when we didn't get Gilmore who has played worse that any of our starters.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Not sure you understand how comp picks work.... We have to lose some big name players to get comp picks. Who did we lose last year worthy of a comp pick? And don't say Alshon, he only signed for a one year deal. That matters in the calculations.

c997663cbc25c88ad9dc7abe09e35c30.jpg

Rise

Liked Posts:
The Bears have lost zero compensatory picks because of player signings. You first have to lose a valued player. AJ might have garnered a late rounder, but that would have required the Bears signing no one at his mediocre playing level. Can you imagine if the Bears signed no one equivalent to AJ's talent level at any position this off season?

And the 1 year contracts are not less likely to picks, they are actually more likely. If one of the one year players decide to go elsewhere for decent money, they would count in the players lost column when factoring compensatory picks.

The Bears have no chance at compensatory picks until their talent level rises to more losses than gains in the off season. They are getting closer, but still are a ways off.

0f5feeca7b8c4f1b6c6852a1c2a753c8.jpg

Rise

Liked Posts:
Sure was a lot of bitching when we didn't get Gilmore who has played worse that any of our starters.

Yup I was one of them and I was wrong. At least so far lol. Still though Pace was wrong too as he did try to sign him, just had a hard stance on the price. If Pace knew he was going to be this bad he never would have tried.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Most posters DO get this... But facts are facts. Pace has put together a team that can't win 3 in a row and rarely 2 in a row. If this team goes on a 3 or more game win streak you'll see people change their oppinions on Pace real fast. (I'm hoping we see that sometime this year now that The Pretty Boy Assasin is starting)

Well I know you're not one of the mouth breathers constantly calling for Pace's head when the Bears need continuity. Pace inherited a monumental rebuild. Also, Pace is not coaching these guys. How many Fox blunders, Bellamy drops or Gould missed kicks inhibited the chance at a winning streak?

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:

DavidH

Liked Posts:
PFF really loves our defense... has it #3 in the league

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-defenses-after-week-6

3. CHICAGO BEARS
BEST-GRADED STARTER: Adrian Amos, S, 87.7

WORST-GRADED: Quintin Demps, S, 43.4

No unit has improved like the Chicago Bears have on defense. It still has some issues, but it has been undermined by their offense more than most teams, not to mention injuries. They have some impressive grades in coverage across the entire back seven, while the defensive front has been very stout against the run, even if the pass-rush remains a concern.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
#8 pass #15 run isn't that #11th or #12th overall? either way, they've been looking good.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Prettt heady cosidering the ineptness of the Glennon Offence.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
#8 pass #15 run isn't that #11th or #12th overall? either way, they've been looking good.

some teams had their bye weeks, so they're only averaged out over 5 games. bears are through 6 so their averages are weighted heavier.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Leonard Floyd is about to terrorize the league. He’s been under the radar so far as it pertains to stats, but the progress has been there and he broke out last week.

Floyd has been developing new pass rush moves, like this spin move...

Floyd spin move

And he’s run into some bad luck so far, for example the Aaron Rodgers 60 yard pass to Jordy Nelson where Floyd was aboot to cripple Rodgers until the TE dragged him down with a blatant hold...

Floyd hold

Seeing that spin move reminded me of Shea's spin move.
The one where he'd spin then end up like 5 yards away from the QB :obama:

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Floyd's spin move is awesome though.
Just making myself clear because above comment is vague...