Is Jason Heyward untradeable?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Bryant is the most overrated superstar in MLB. He disappears for long periods of time. Even as a "superstar" he falls short as he can't even hit .300 or drive in 110 RBI. He is not in the class of an Altuve or Goldschmidt. To sign this guy to a mega contract will be a huge mistake. There are better people to spend 250M on
Bryant under team control for the next 4 years, they dont need to think about extending him til 2020/21..
By then theyll know what they have in him..

As far as Heyward goes....
when they signed him he was a 6 win player.. not so more

They have 6 more years with this guy, i dont see them moving him this off season (i doubt they try to trade for Stanton, pitching priority this off season)..

Next off season the only scenerio i see the cubs looking to push him out is if Harper is 100% on board to join them.

I can see them working something out amongst them for him to opt out..
Or
They take the best trade available to be able to move him..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Bryant is the most overrated superstar in MLB. He disappears for long periods of time. Even as a "superstar" he falls short as he can't even hit .300 or drive in 110 RBI. He is not in the class of an Altuve or Goldschmidt. To sign this guy to a mega contract will be a huge mistake. There are better people to spend 250M on

Tell me which other player making one million dollars a year is better than him. As far as not driving in 110, he sacrificed the RBI's for the 2 spot in the order, since Maddon had a shit show at leadoff.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Bryant under team control for the next 4 years, they dont need to think about extending him til 2020/21..
By then theyll know what they have in him..

As far as Heyward goes....
when they signed him he was a 6 win player.. not so more

They have 6 more years with this guy, i dont see them moving him this off season (i doubt they try to trade for Stanton, pitching priority this off season)..

Next off season the only scenerio i see the cubs looking to push him out is if Harper is 100% on board to join them.

I can see them working something out amongst them for him to opt out..
Or
They take the best trade available to be able to move him..

The extension people speak of is the Castro or Rizzo extension, which buys up the arbitration years to get a 60 million dollar intermediate deal.

What do you think his arbitration numbers will be this year? MVP, world series, only guy you can compare to was Harper and he easily got 10 three years ago, at 13 now. Bryant might break the record at 11 or 12 for a position player this year, which means similar production next year can drive it to 15 then 17=18 before you need to give him the 28-30 per year. So you buy up some 70 million over the next 4 years with a 60 million deal.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The extension people speak of is the Castro or Rizzo extension, which buys up the arbitration years to get a 60 million dollar intermediate deal.

What do you think his arbitration numbers will be this year? MVP, world series, only guy you can compare to was Harper and he easily got 10 three years ago, at 13 now. Bryant might break the record at 11 or 12 for a position player this year, which means similar production next year can drive it to 15 then 17=18 before you need to give him the 28-30 per year. So you buy up some 70 million over the next 4 years with a 60 million deal.
MVP and WS was last year ARB case arguments and he doubled salary and got just over a mil..

This year numbers some were down but had a good year, but far from MVP type he had..
He'll still get a bump but at very most double to 2 mil per for 2018..

My point is even if he won his case each year and doubled salary he would be making less then agreeing to a contract now..

2018 2 mil
2019 4 mil
2020 8 mil
2o21 16 mil

If they agreed to a new deal now or even next off season, hed be definately getting over 20 mil per for those ARB years

Yes you want to tie him up and extend him past ARB years but their better off waiting til 2020 to start that conversation over tying up money too soon..

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Tell me which other player making one million dollars a year is better than him. As far as not driving in 110, he sacrificed the RBI's for the 2 spot in the order, since Maddon had a shit show at leadoff.
Never used money as a criteria but the label people have given him (Superstar). He is really a second tier player

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Personal attack, but no comment about the content

There's no need, considering how many times you've been wrong on this forum. You make extreme claims constantly that end up being proven wrong.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
There's no need, considering how many times you've been wrong on this forum. You make extreme claims constantly that end up being proven wrong.
Just a troll and name caller, unable to discuss any point

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Never used money as a criteria but the label people have given him (Superstar). He is really a second tier player

Here is the list of players with a higher fWAR since 2015 (which includes Bryant's rookie season)

Mike Trout

This now concludes the list. To call Bryant a second tier star is such an objectively wrong piece of evaluation that I can't even understand how someone would try and defend it. You're going to use numbers like "RBI", which is a measure of the other players in the lineup far more than it's about Bryant.

And guess who also had a low RBI year this year? Mike Trout only had only 72 RBI in 500 PA so I guess he sucks too? I mean that's 30 RBI below Albert Pujols, who all we know is currently a fantastic and great hitter that is far better than Trout.