Can't throw left

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Trubisky hate is real, folks...

Trubisky isn’t going to wash out of the league or anything. An “average” NFL starting quarterback can often get 6-10 decent years out of the league. But former Clemson star Watson – drafted No. 12 in that 2017 draft by Houston, while Trubisky went No. 2 overall to the Bears – is going to be the standout quarterback of this class. He will be considered a franchise quarterback. Ultimately, Trubisky will not be.

My reasoning on Trubisky is not based on his decent athleticism or his fantastic arm. It’s based on the most important statistic – the fact he didn’t win enough in his one year as North Carolina’s starter.

Remember, Trubisky ran an absolutely loaded offense in Chapel Hill – far different from this year’s UNC team. Yet in his final four games, he lost to Duke (3-6 at the time), N.C. State (5-6 at the time) and Stanford (without Christian McCaffrey, who skipped the bowl game to avoid possible injury). UNC finished 8-5 in a season in which the Tar Heels had the talent to go at least 10-3.

Trubisky too often couldn’t convert on the final drive when he had a chance. Chicago fans saw an example of this in Trubisky’s first NFL start, when he threw a bad interception in a 17-17 game with less than three minutes to play deep in his own territory to set up Minnesota’s game-winning field goal.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article179915086.html

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe a good theory, but a sleezeball delivery. Article is total click bait. He legit says Trubisky cannot throw left. Same as the guy from NC who said Trubisky will never be good.

It's an overly general statement that was poorly conceived. However, if he was trying to be a sleezeball he wouldn't have then went on and shown and praised the two great throws and compared him to guys like Wentz who needed time to grow.

It really does not compare to the Observer article that was devoid of logic or praise.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Outside of Colin Cowherd, the vast majority of the media output on Trubisky so far seems to be extremely critical. It's a huge contrast to that of Watson, who is being written about like he's the best thing since sliced bread. Even as a huge Watson fan before the draft, the gushing over him is starting get nauseating to me, while the judgement of Trubisky seems typically harsh for Bears players.

Does the media really hate da berz?

Hard to blame them really, with how Watson is playing. That said, what was their analysis when Watson struggled in his first 1 1/2 games?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Outside of Colin Cowherd, the vast majority of the media output on Trubisky so far seems to be extremely critical. It's a huge contrast to that of Watson, who is being written about like he's the best thing since sliced bread. Even as a huge Watson fan before the draft, the gushing over him is starting get nauseating to me, while the judgement of Trubisky seems typically harsh for Bears players.

Not trying to call you out of this.... but do you have any examples? I've only been reading the local stuff which seems pretty positive.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe they mean he can't throw left-handed. :smug2:

Reactions: Myk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope Rivera read this write up, instead of watching tape, and leaves the wideouts to the left uncovered...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

Yes

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Not trying to call you out of this.... but do you have any examples? I've only been reading the local stuff which seems pretty positive.

Same. Almost all of the media coverage I've seen of him is people saying that he's showing flashes of being really good, but can't do a whole lot right now because of his lack of weapons and because Loggins is handcuffing him.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
maybe we can have him run to the right sideline and throw from there in practice so that almost every throw will technically be "to his left"....just brainstorming here

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hard to blame them really, with how Watson is playing. That said, what was their analysis when Watson struggled in his first 1 1/2 games?

Consequently, those were the only good defenses he has faced. NE, Tenn, KC, Cle are all terrible defenses. Let's see if he tears up Seattle next week

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope Rivera read this write up, instead of watching tape, and leaves the wideouts to the left uncovered...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll tell ya what he won't need to prepare his defense for. Slants. Amirite?

kneeslapper.gif

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hell, I hope teams continue to keep wasting a defender spying Mitch on passing downs. One less guy in coverage.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Same. Almost all of the media coverage I've seen of him is people saying that he's showing flashes of being really good, but can't do a whole lot right now because of his lack of weapons and because Loggins is handcuffing him.

That is also what I have seen. I haven't seen anyone calling him a future failure or anything nr have they anointed him as somekind of certain pro bowl guy.