Carolina Game: Will any Bear WRs have 2 Receptions and 50 Yds?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No. The key is the Bears rushing game (3rd in the league) against Carolina's 5th ranked run defense. If our backs can rush for over 100 yards, they are officially legit. No too shabby for rookie RBs. I expect Trubisky to have a quiet game in the first half. The play calling will only open up if we are down in the second half.

I realize people will dog Fox's play calling, but it's not conservative against this team, it's SMART. If you are only interested in watching MT throw all over the field, you'd have to hope for Cam Newton to expose our secondary day early.

That vaunted 5th ranked run defense has gone against certified shit running offenses to get that 5th ranking. Bears are going to ram the ball down their throats if they do anything resembling playing 2 high safety against them.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Given that Kuechly is out, our TEs will be able to better exploit the middle of the field. That, combined with a healthy running game, should draw safeties away from our outside receivers.

I cant say that we will have one get more than 2 catches, because who even knows with this team. But I can totally see a big passing play opening up for us tomorrow. I'll bet on the 50 yard pass.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think a concern should be how much the zebras protect Newton, especially after Rodgers went down. Plus Cam cries a lot when he gets hit even though the guy is bigger than most people who tackle him. Last week, the Bears stayed away from penalties, in this one they may not. I hate to say it but I think penalty flags are going to be tossed around a lot in this game.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Running like they did against the Ravens against Carolina's strength is not considered smart. Now running with some passing is much more intelligent.

Having Kuechly on the bench is going to hurt their defense a lot against the run.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bout the same vs what they see on the field but where Glennon threw picks, Mitch is throwing it away. Last week was him proving he can be safe. He'll start expanding the envelope with the trust of the staff. I'm sure they were extremely happy with last week's play.

THey should be happy with his play. He played within himself. Little bit at a time is wise for him and the team. He can't expect the assortment of receivers that he has to "make plays" for him. They just are not very good. So, if the play is there, then throw the ball. If not get rid of it and live to throw another day:)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Panthers are an up and down team. When Cam tries to do too much he can look bad; also he can look very good. The key for the Panthers will have to be to stop our run game. The key for the Bears is to not let Cam have time or get good looks.

The Bears seem to get blown out every 3rd game while the other 2 are 50/50.....i guess that is a step up from last year. This could be a blow out game if the Bears can't make Cam run for his life and make some bad throws.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
"Frisky" Trubisky has been wildly inaccurate the few occasions he's gone downfield. That's likely jitters; the shoopster will take those kinds of jitters rather than the Mike Glennon perpetually-pee-stained-pants jitters any day. With The Frisky One's first win under his belt, perhaps he and the coaches will gain confidence and start to open things up a bit. But it won't be an air show. And even if the ball is in the air, can any of the putrid Bear receivers get open enough to catch it?

the shoopster says No. With "If I'm Lyin' I'm" Ryan Pace's free agent franchise "Mucus" Wheaton sidelined, the Bear receiving corps is even worse, and that's saying something . . .

And if they are open enough to catch it, will they catch it?

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I think the time has come where we line Cohen up as a WR and less in the backfield.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Bout the same vs what they see on the field but where Glennon threw picks, Mitch is throwing it away. Last week was him proving he can be safe. He'll start expanding the envelope with the trust of the staff. I'm sure they were extremely happy with last week's play.

I'm hoping as someone pointed out somewhere Trubisky sees who he missed open in film and learns to start looking there for the pass plays he gets.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the time has come where we line Cohen up as a WR and less in the backfield.

Isn't the 3rd back injured? That all but signals its not time to do too much of what you're saying. Not a good idea to put the #1 and #2 backs out on the field unless you mean no back sets with a TE blocking or waiting to block before releasing up field.

Mind you I don't mean don't do it at all. Just sparingly. If you're putting both backs on the field at once then neither of them are fresh for the next play. That is the whole point of the rotation they have going with Cohen and Howard.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
It's really surprising that Miller isn't hurt yet. Is this the longest he has gone in his career without an injury?

He made it till the Sunday before Thanksgiving last year till hitting IR.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I checked, Benny Cunningham had a hamstring.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Man, this thread title is depressing...
I think it happens. It's gotta, right? 2 catches 50 yrds??

I hope Miller gets another TD because it turns out that stupid TD celebration that he's been doing is a story of some sort, and i'm curious, it'd be sad if he didn't get to tell all of it.

I imagine he’s pulling organs out of a corpse and throwing them into a fire. Is that not what he’s doing?

Is he pulling money out of a bag and placing it into a slightly larger bag?

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
Not 50 yards but 2 or 3 receptions is possible though. My reasoning is two fold: I'm incredibly negative with anything regarding the Bears, and our WRs are pure garbage..

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I imagine he’s pulling organs out of a corpse and throwing them into a fire. Is that not what he’s doing?

Is he pulling money out of a bag and placing it into a slightly larger bag?

I thought he was putting money in a safe??

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm starting K. Wright in fantasy so I hope so! Come on, baby!

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Wright will be used more then 29 snaps and result in some downfield progression.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Isn't the 3rd back injured? That all but signals its not time to do too much of what you're saying. Not a good idea to put the #1 and #2 backs out on the field unless you mean no back sets with a TE blocking or waiting to block before releasing up field.

Mind you I don't mean don't do it at all. Just sparingly. If you're putting both backs on the field at once then neither of them are fresh for the next play. That is the whole point of the rotation they have going with Cohen and Howard.

True, but we are desperate and this is more about helping our PBA QB. We signed that running back from Baltimore who is supposed to be good and there are some backs on the market who can eat up carries. Cohen doesn't have to spend most of his time at WR, but with our limited passing his runs will be pretty bad anyway. Pace royally fucked up coming into this season with White and Cam as our top WR's. Turning PBA into Kyle Orton is almost wasting a year of solid development.