Gentry Nicknames

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just my opinion and will probably get blasted for it, but why do people feel they need nickname for everyone. I remember Hawk Harrelson in the early 80s broadcasted White Sox games. He had a nickname for virtually EVERYONE. It was so overkill that it really irritated me. Nicknames are good when they fit. I feel nicknames are earned and most everyone on a team should not have one unless they are given by the TEAM, not necessarily by the fans with few exceptions.

A nickname should be earned over a duration of time and repeated performance. Sometimes they are awesome like Sweetness, Samurai Mike, and UltraBack (Raymond Harris). Sometimes they are given due to repeated poor performance like Turnstile (J'Marcus. Webb).

IMO, don't be in a rush to deal out nicknames. Call me old school, since I am, but I'm sure some will call me more derogatory names. But, hey, that's my two cents.

You are now nicknamed pissparade.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just my opinion and will probably get blasted for it, but why do people feel they need nickname for everyone. I remember Hawk Harrelson in the early 80s broadcasted White Sox games. He had a nickname for virtually EVERYONE. It was so overkill that it really irritated me. Nicknames are good when they fit. I feel nicknames are earned and most everyone on a team should not have one unless they are given by the TEAM, not necessarily by the fans with few exceptions.

A nickname should be earned over a duration of time and repeated performance. Sometimes they are awesome like Sweetness, Samurai Mike, and UltraBack (Raymond Harris). Sometimes they are given due to repeated poor performance like Turnstile (J'Marcus. Webb).

IMO, don't be in a rush to deal out nicknames. Call me old school, since I am, but I'm sure some will call me more derogatory names. But, hey, that's my two cents.

The shoopster after reading this post...

fdb.png

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Kid in high school was missing his pinky. Friends called him nine. Now that is a great nickname and the way to get one.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wtf is mako???

Shark because of his dead killer eyes. Not crazy about it either. I'm surprised no one has ever become the great white punter.

Best I can come up with for Tanner is T-Bomb. It's only a matter of time.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why does everyone have to have a nickname? Can’t we just call him Gentry?

Is your real name Wildest5 or is that a nickname?? Nicknames are cool.....GEESH

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I found a college nickname"always open"....I call a guy that that plays soccer in the park in my neighborhood. I don't think it means, and in my case either, he is a great route runner that always finds the space. My friend is a short squatty house built Mexican. You get that nickname because even when you are covered, you are open. You win jump balls, or in my case, he might have 3 guys on him, but I know if I get the ball at his feet, nobody will take it from him, I trust he is always open, even in a crowd. There is a safe spot to get the ball to.

I stand by my vision of how he will make plays Sunday. #Bearfrog

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
No nickname for Gentry until we know he is a viable asset to the team. Anything less would be a good waste of a nickname.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No nickname for Gentry until we know he is a viable asset to the team. Anything less would be a good waste of a nickname.

from the future bro.

#bearfrog

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Tanner " don't call me Dennis " Gentry

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts: