Chris Bosio

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Guys that can be traded that has not been mentioned yet: CJ Edwards and Caritini. A package with those two guys could get a solid piece in return. I just don't see the Cubs trading anyone who is playing regular time right now, doesn't make sense.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Astros, who led baseball in runs,

- In 37 games they averaged 11 runs a game, scoring 407 of their runs
- In the other 125 games, they averaged 3.9 runs and scored 489 of their runs

Of course when you take out the team does well and average that out, they do really bad.

Fuck christ is that a stupid argument.

You mean when you take out the good, they still averaged almost 1 more run per bad game game than the Cubs bad games?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Guys that can be traded that has not been mentioned yet: CJ Edwards and Caritini. A package with those two guys could get a solid piece in return. I just don't see the Cubs trading anyone who is playing regular time right now, doesn't make sense.
At some point teams have to trade actual MLB players to get actual MLB players in return.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Schwarber is not even 1/2 the value it would take to trade for Archer.

I see it as it would cost Baez and Schwarber to get Archer. That is what their values are right now. What their potential value is is pointless to argue because anything could happen over their career. They could take off. They could bust out. They could be injured. So you have to go with known history and team control. That is it.
Wait..

Sox traded Sale for 5 prospects who all had future values..

You're telling us that Schwarber worth is less then those 5 unproven prospects

And

Archer cost is more then Sale that it would take at least 2 young controlled MLB proven players to get him when it cost 5 unproven prospects to get Sale

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Red Sox paid the #2 prospect and a pitcher that his over 100 MPH.

Come on now

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Like I said Baez and Schwarber is Archers value. You can sub in prospects if you want but the Cubs don’t have those tools

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Red Sox paid the #2 prospect and a pitcher that his over 100 MPH.

Come on now
They were still unproven prospects with unknown future...
I believe your words were value now, not future

Schwarber has MLB value now as a 24 YO..
.800 career OPS
Just hit 30 HRs
Hit over .400 and .900 OPS in a World Series

Have to think that has more value then a #2 pitching prospect and a guy who throws 100

Plus I'm not saying Schwarber by himself gets Archer , TB gonna want young pitching in return..
So you add a pitching prospect or 2

You don't need to add another young MLB proven player like Baez to the deal...

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Still don't get the talk of trading Schwarber. I mean ok if you think he's the guy to deal but I'm almost certain the cubs don't. Just read the way Theo talks about Schwarber in this

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cu...e-pitching-issues-run-much-deeper-chris-bosio

When you compare him to Rizzo and then talk about his leadership skills that the team apparently lacks that suggests to me they view him as much as a building block as Bryant and Rizzo are. I mean Theo literally said

We think he’s the type of offensive player that you build around, along with a couple other guys like him.

So, I'd be fairly shocked if the cubs dealt Schwarber this offseason given that's where Theo/front office head is right now.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Still don't get the talk of trading Schwarber. I mean ok if you think he's the guy to deal but I'm almost certain the cubs don't. Just read the way Theo talks about Schwarber in this

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cu...e-pitching-issues-run-much-deeper-chris-bosio

When you compare him to Rizzo and then talk about his leadership skills that the team apparently lacks that suggests to me they view him as much as a building block as Bryant and Rizzo are. I mean Theo literally said

So, I'd be fairly shocked if the cubs dealt Schwarber this offseason given that's where Theo/front office head is right now.
If that the case then i doubt theyll bring in via trade any 30 or under controlled TOR type SP like Archer or someone comparable, unless they trade a combo of players on mlb roster..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yeah. Not sure about that. Obviously Heyward's supposed mechanical changes didn't really take. Did Schwarber progress? You mention hitters not going oppo. That's on the hitters TBH. Mallee cannot control that. At MLB level players have heard everything. They will go with what got them to the Show.

I just want to post one name:

Walt Hriniak

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I just want to post one name:

Walt Hriniak
Hriniak would not survive in today's MLB. As much as he helped Frank, there were plenty of players who were not thrilled. Harkening back to A-Ram..."I am my own hitting instructor", unless a player is on board with what the instructor is selling, the instructor is nothing more than a guy putting balls on a tee and taking videos.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Hriniak would not survive in today's MLB. As much as he helped Frank, there were plenty of players who were not thrilled. Harkening back to A-Ram..."I am my own hitting instructor", unless a player is on board with what the instructor is selling, the instructor is nothing more than a guy putting balls on a tee and taking videos.

I agree, but a player could always ignore a coach. A coach commends respect and Walt did that. He was more than just a helper to the White Sox.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'll mention another....Charlie Lau

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If that the case then i doubt theyll bring in via trade any 30 or under controlled TOR type SP like Archer or someone comparable, unless they trade a combo of players on mlb roster..

I can’t see Archer returning unless Baez is attached to the deal. Schwarber has low value and Baez is on a upswing of value this off season.

It would take Baez and Schwarber value of talent to swing that deal. But to sub for Schwarber it would take 2 highly regarded arms or a arm and a bat.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Technically he wasnt fired...
They just didn't pick up his option

I read there was a lot going on behind the scenes...
Some was that he didn't do much to work with Quintana and Wilson and he wouldnt take suggestions on how to work with pitchers.

So all wasnt hunky dory behind close doors and it looks as the cubs could benefit again with TB letting go of Hickey

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I might be wrong but doesn't Bryant work with his dad...

Hitting coaches have their style that they may try to implement on young hitters and suggest maybe to be more or less aggressive, but their main job is to watch hitters mechanics and work with them adjusting back to what was working..

I remember jim frey suggested to Sandberg before 84 season to start turning on the ball more...
I cant even remember who the hitting coach was..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I can’t see Archer returning unless Baez is attached to the deal. Schwarber has low value and Baez is on a upswing of value this off season.

It would take Baez and Schwarber value of talent to swing that deal. But to sub for Schwarber it would take 2 highly regarded arms or a arm and a bat.
Baez isnt going anywhere..
His defense and improvement with bat last year keeps him anither year..

The team depth is in OF and Schwarber is expendable..

Schwarber and 2 pitching prospects ( Tseng or Mills) and another will get that deal done..